Clubplanet Nightlife Community

**got Some Canes Over Here**

idrthrbclbng

OLD SCHOOL Hurricane football beatdown!! Forget the Dolphins, who needs the pro teams when UM sports is kicking so much ass in a HUGE way? 2001 baseball champions......2001 football champions.........and.....dare I say it....2002 basketball champions? Damn that is practically impossible.......but the hoops team still hasn't lost a game, so you never know!

None of our pro teams play with the kind of focus and poise that Hurricane sports programs put out year after year. It's amazing.

Id rather they take Clinton Portis that guy is so explosive.

...OR pick up some of those giant man eating Offensive lineman before anything.....

they Key to the Hurricanes winning it all was the O line

the key for the Fins being so shaky is the O line

that position is so vital remember the old Redsking teams when they were dominant and they Cowboys all had allstar O line !! they never get the recognition deserved.

i totally agree w/u beyondo. i think the fins need help on the o-line first and foremost. look how many injuries hurt us this year! plus, the linemen they had sucked anyways. but they need to draft a stud that's going to be here for 10+ years. then address other positions. shockey's not going in the first round anyways. at least i don't think. i wouldn't waste a first round pick on him...or portis. i mean i luv the guy and all, but we just drafted minor.

anyone hear that ricky williams and edgerrin james want to be traded to the fins next year???? how great would one of those be?

ha ha...football's not a dancing competition. the guy loves to dance right before he gets to the line. HIT THE FUCKING HOLE YOU IDIOT!!! after the first jets game, the guy has played like a total pussy. i mean granted the offensive line blows, but c'mon now. minor's been playing better. and minor's a better receiver. i'd start minor and use smith on short yardage plays.

I think that's what they started doing against Atlanta last week......Minor's better......wouldn't it be nice if the Dolphins could draft most of the Huricanes' offense like Shockey, Johnson, Portis, Dorsey?.....it's a fictitious scenario, but imagine that...

Originally posted by meng

You mean you don't like Lamar Smith? :D

hes ok i mean last year he did rather well but this year the combo of the Offensive line and what seems to be his indecisiveness at the line suuucks.

i say next year you should keep him on the roster see if he snaps out of it but dont give him a big contract (this year its up)

as for Minor im a big fan but i dont think he can carry the full load hes more of a complimentary back to a big Bruiser like a Jerome Bettis.but 4 now Minor is all we got

chambers seems to be for real .lets get some big Offensive linembe to block next year and outside linebackers and maybe we can snap out of the 10-6 1 round of playoffs sequence weve been in for what seems to be 20 years..

football 101 by Beyondo .....

Beyondo knows about everything

I'll say this for the Fins, they sure do beat the crap out of the teams they are supposed to beat. Unfortunately, I don't see a different playoff result this year......we will win the first game at home, as usual. Then we will go on the road and get absolutely creamed by whoever it is we play.

Originally posted by patrickl

we will win the first game at home, as usual. Then we will go on the road and get absolutely creamed by whoever it is we play.

I don't know, man, we're gonna have a tough first game at home, probably against the Ravens. We may play the Jets, and I just have this feeling, we will not lose to the Jets again...

I gotta tell you, I've lived in NY for about 3 1/2 years, and running my mouth the whole time -- all we've done is lose against the local team. I could use a win vs. the Jets -- badly.

I've gotten fat off eating my own words...

Originally posted by idrthrbclbng

I don't know, man, we're gonna have a tough first game at home, probably against the Ravens. We may play the Jets, and I just have this feeling, we will not lose to the Jets again...

I gotta tell you, I've lived in NY for about 3 1/2 years, and running my mouth the whole time -- all we've done is lose against the local team. I could use a win vs. the Jets -- badly.

I hear you but I say bring on the jets or whoever. Historically, for whatever reason, we are very, very good in first playoff games at home. So if there was ever a time to beat the Jets - this is about as favorable as it gets. Better chance here than at the Meadowlands, for sure.

Originally posted by idrthrbclbng

all we've done is lose against the local team. I could use a win vs. the Jets -- badly.

:worry: I couldnt agree with you more, I have a couple of friends (wont disclose who ;) ) that are Jets fans, NO MORE LOOSING!

Originally posted by digital7

:worry: I couldnt agree with you more, I have a couple of friends (wont disclose who ;) ) that are Jets fans, NO MORE LOOSING!

so i've read...

Ravens it is. I think we have a shot -- we should be able to stop their offense, it's going to come down to whether or not we can put the ball in the end zone against Ray Lewis & co. We can't turn the ball over, or it's a done deal. Special teams could play a key role......

Should I even be getting psyched?

::cautious optimism::

get psyched, cuz I actually have a good feeling about this one. Your right, it is gonna come down to the battle of the best defenses of the AFC. Hopefully our lax offense could produce enough points to offset the defense. It's a wait and see!

there is some sense of optimism! have faith!

i'm actually feeling REALLY good about the fins this morning after watching that PATHETIC game last night. and here i was, in the preseason thinking the vikes would actually make the superbowl. what a joke that team is. i'm actually glad we dont have randy moss and we do have chris chambers. that moss guy is such a dick. shit i'd rather have terrel owens than have randy moss. at least owens goes over the middle.

well the ravens blow on offense and their defense isn't what it was last year. so i think we have a good chance. now i'm hoping that the jets DO win and they DO beat the steelers the week after. if we take care of business...it might be the fins vs. the jets in the afc championship. how good would that be???

now back to the original thread - so shockey's leaving. buchanon's leaving and portis is leaving? i agree w/the first two, but i don't think portis has it this year. who knows...he might end up in cleveland with davis.

I hope the Fins kick the shit outta Ray Lewis and those crappy-ass Ravens.... The only exciting thing about the Monday night game was the goal-line stance the Vikes put up there b4 half-time. Fockin' can't believe the Ravens ran the shit outta the ball, got down to the goal line, and didn't give it to Allen. Can you say fired Offensive Coordinator? What the...

All I know is our Offense is WAY better... as long as the "right" Jay Feidler shows up... and he throws to Chambers! I think Zack is gonna tear some shit up this Sunday too!! WOO WOO GO FINS!

I hope da Canes can overcome the losses of Portis, Shockey, and Buchanon and they have a good group of underclassmen coming in.... I'd love a repeat! Go Canes!

All righty, I'm done... :eek: :eek:

Lola:tongue: Hotass