Clubplanet Nightlife Community

making beats?

wisdom

ok lets say I wanna make some beats;nothing to fancy just some hiphop to move your feet//not to mention being copywrite free;cause I like my beats to be just like me//at least thats what I'm trying to do;thought I'd start by asking all of you

If your into hiphop

get a small board, a sound module or 2, keyboard or midi controller for your modules, and definately an MPC2000XL.

I don't know one hiphop producer without an MPC

But don't forget your creativity, and your ability to just have fun with making music! :)

hmmm... sounds like more equipment to get. too bad I'm broke as #@$& (as usual) maybe down the road I'll get some good hardware but I'm looking to use my creative energy right now..so I guess that leaves softwear. I don't care how long it takes so long as it sounds good in the end. anybody have any favorites(or do they all pretty much suck?)

or on the other hand maybe I could find some copyright free beats to use on this little project. I basicly just wanna couple of records for my personal crate with my vocals on em that I can use to re-mix myself

cause that would be fun

Originally posted by djustinh

If your into hiphop

get a small board, a sound module or 2, keyboard or midi controller for your modules, and definately an MPC2000XL.

I don't know one hiphop producer without an MPC

But don't forget your creativity, and your ability to just have fun with making music! :)

I have to second the AKAI-MPC notion here--everyone in hip-hop from amateurs to the most pro artists use this piece. It's essential in beat making. Only prob. is it's mad expensive ($1200.00). U might want to check out some cheaper samplers or sequencers and see if u want to start with that--go to www.pssl.com and browse their catalog, they have lots of that type of stuff that can do the trick.

I love my AKAI and choose doing the sequencing on it over my computer!

I used Logic several times, and hey it's a really really really phat sequencing piece, but I get things done quicker, and I like the touch and go feel of the Akai.

And as far as it being expensive, I have always since day one, been a fan of just working hard, saving the money, and spending the extra dollar to get the best gear.

When we are talking about making music, quality, and durability, spending the extra money on bigger names is normally the way to go.

From Technics to Mackie, always always always buy the best, you won't be let down! And they normally offer the better warranties!:D

But once again, tssk tssk, Do Not Forget about your creativity, and the desire to have fun! :D

hmmm,hmmm,hmmm I always liked that song

well I found some programs and got started. its pretty cool the one program makes the beats and the other program puts em into bars. I don't know though last night all I could dream about was programs and oscollating wave patterns and things then this morning I put all the pieces together like in my dream and made a phatty tune...cool huh

well thanks for lettin me bounce ideas off ya'll