Clubplanet Nightlife Community

You Think Too Much

Has anyone ever told you this? or do you think you do? I have been told that i think to much. Like ill think about every possible angel of things almost where i drive myself crazy. Do you ever turn your music off and drive in silence for a good hour? If you brain starts going a little nutty then your like me! hhhaha Like sometimes i wish i was so burnt that i wouldent have a care in the world. heh heh

i know im posting alot of shit but im boerd at work!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by perfecto25

bro reading your posts, i think you picked your screen name perfectly! youre not all there.

the lights are on, but no one is home.

hey . . play nice . . .

. . . notall, you believe you think too much??. . read my hairless monkey rant at the end of my shoutouts on the Vinyl New Years thread . . now that's thinkin too much . . and I was a crackhead at the time too!!!. . .

. . keep thinkin bro. . it's aaaaaalll goood . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

hey . . play nice . . .

. . . notall, you believe you think too much??. . read my hairless monkey rant at the end of my shoutouts on the Vinyl New Years thread . . now that's thinkin too much . . and I was a crackhead at the time too!!!. . .

. . keep thinkin bro. . it's aaaaaalll goood . .

bet you I can out-crack you sober....

:laugh:

think I'm gonna skip out on pseudo tonight :( , you goin' Mike?

Originally posted by xpander

bet you I can out-crack you sober....

:laugh:

think I'm gonna skip out on pseudo tonight :( , you goin' Mike?

. . I was thinking about it . . but . . I checked my account balances and married them with the checks I wrote today . .then deducted all the fun stuff from this past weekend . . and . . I think it would be better to stay home . . . I do believe this weekend is shot for me . .

. . . i really REALLY want to see some DnB, but I just ain't gonna happen . .

Originally posted by clubbingirl

no i totally feel ya!!!

im the same way, my friends say that i think wayyyyyy too much into things.

i also go for long drives and just think...but i multi-task! (i think with the music on);) ;)

anyway, its healthy to think!

Too little thinking is likely bad, but too much thinking tends to be bad as well.

One way or the other, one can get way too occupied in their thinking (I call drowning). One has to keep in mind that considering and understanding life doesn't mean all that much in the real world, where it's the results that matter.

I think thinking (geddit? GEDDIT?!?!?! LOL!!! HAHAHA! eh....no...) has put my mentality in a place that a lot of people don't visit often. But while that may mean that I see reality in a different way then say, the average person, it also brings a lot of baggage and tension along with it. Sometimes, the phrase "ignorance is bliss" takes on a very omnious and undeniably true tone.

But you know, to each their own. That's just my own experience, and while I can prescribe it to others, I can't promise that it'll apply the same way.

. . I was thinking about it . . but . . I checked my account balances and married them with the checks I wrote today . .then deducted all the fun stuff from this past weekend . . and . . I think it would be better to stay home . . . I do believe this weekend is shot for me . .

. . . i really REALLY want to see some DnB, but I just ain't gonna happen . .

oh well....that goes for the both of us....

sigh.....

Originally posted by xpander

oh well....that goes for the both of us....

sigh.....

. . . doncha just hate money . . .

. . . On the Ignorance is bliss topic : I hate to say it, but after all these years . . and after all the thinking and complaining and preaching that I've done . . I still, no matter how much my heart and soul tries to kill it, have that tiny little brooding voice in my head that would trade my big brain for a perfect physique in a heartbeat . .

. . . we all need . . .

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

I agree 100%.... DoN't You ThiNk Ignorant people ALWaYs LooK and Seem HaPPieR?:confused:

It's kind of sad isn't it?

It actually proves, I think, that thinking and pondering doesn't necessarily lead to a good thing.

But you have to take a look and realize that happiness isn't necessarily correlated with understanding and knowledge (presumably what you get by thinking). While one affects the other, they don't complement each other so perfectly that you can somehow say that change one one way will necessarily the other in an exact and calculable (word? word?) fashion.

Sometimes, I do so wish that I can be SO ignorant, that I can be let-someone-come-up-to-me-and-pump-me-full-

of-bullets-and-i-can-die-laughing-because-i-don't-care-about-anything ignorant. But then again, one has to weigh Happiness against other factors in life.

The question in that case to ask is: Is happiness all that's worth striving for? For people like myself, the answer's no.

. . . doncha just hate money . . .

. . . On the Ignorance is bliss topic : I hate to say it, but after all these years . . and after all the thinking and complaining and preaching that I've done . . I still, no matter how much my heart and soul tries to kill it, have that tiny little brooding voice in my head that would trade my big brain for a perfect physique in a heartbeat . .

. . . we all need . . .

Money sucks, but it's ultimately necessary.

And Mike, we all want everything. Life tends to prevent us from doing that. You want a good body, no matter how you'd say otherwise. And you'll consider all options, we all do, including trading your intellect. Just because one wouldn't actually go out and do it doesn't mean the impulse doesn't exist.

Well, when people meet me, they wonder, "George, why are you so happy?" and i tell them "There's 2 sides to everything in this world (well, ALMOST) and i just try to keep my noggin on the nicer side.

For instance, Many tmes i'll just stare up at the sky and breath in the wonderful white light. I've also spent time in places that are (i believe) good for the soul. The soul lives and breaths for natural beauty, so going to the beach, the mountains, clubbing, etc is all food for healthy mental thought (As opposed to staying in a basement watching tv, smoking or shooting shit in your veins with untrustworthy people---that's NOT GOOD)

So, to make a long story short, I feel happiness is when you can be content with yourself...whether it's for 2 minuts or 2 hours...just to not worry and look forward to good things in your life.

For Hacker, i know that's scoring a resident @ Baktun

For Glowgrl, it's heading to "I have a dream" and spending time with awesome music and awesome vibe (I'll be there:D

For Nathan, ummmmm, HEY, I GOT YOUR BELGIAN CHOCOLATE!

So my point is, just keep living for something better. Of course there'll be rough times ahead, but just focus on overcoming them!

Stay positive, and keep T H I N K I N G (but not too much, hehehe)

OOPS!

Just realized i strayed a bit from the topic :doh:

SO, Yes, i think thinking is good...but just like druqs...DO IN MODERATION!

I went out with this girl who overanalyed (hehe, not glowgrl ;)

EVERYTHING! Now i liked the fact that she looked into things and found the root of meaning in many interesting subject fields...BUT when it comes to deciphering feelings and moods, THAT"S over the line.

So , please, think but not too much....also LISTEN:)

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

and what is a word?

. . . a word is our left-brain's attempt at trying to articulate the patterns and the beauty that our Right-brain knows . . . I am under the opinion , from time to time, that our ability to write and talk has somehow stifled us mentally . .. I mean, don't get me wrong, our ability to communicate in a concrete manner is what makes us special in the spiraling sea of stars that we call the universe .... it's just, when we constantly try to articulate we find that part of the thought is always lost in the translation . .

. . Is the loss due to what we're trying to convey. . or the method of transport? . .

. . . I believe it's the latter AND the former, especially when it comes to music . . . Better Living Through Circuitry had a very VERY interesting interview with BT . . For all of you that haven't seen it, one of the things he talked about was his fascination with a way to be able to control the musical instruments he wields with his mind . . . I was particularly excited about that . . because I too have dreamed about something to that effect for a long time . . but with a different transport . .

. . In my dreams I called it, simply, the Music Machine . . Its premise is perfect . . . As humans we only have two hands and two feet that we can use to manipulate objects in space (forget about the rest of the assorted orifices and appendages that the human body has for a sec . . ). . . When it comes to Electronic music. . it's almost impossible, with our current state of technology, to create the multilayered beauty of. . say, a BT or Hybrid track, completely REAL TIME. . . I don't care if you ARE BT or the blokes (LOL) from Hybrid. . at some point you NEED to have the sequencer track the tempo and keep the show tight for you, while at the same time you layer on the flair into the music. . This fundamental disconnection from the backbone of the music is what prevents beats from climbing to the next level . . The music machine that I thought up would cure that . . but the technology isn't, and won't be there in our lifetimes. . .

The Premise:

Have a main mixerboard with 2-4 tables in the middle console. . to the musicians left would be beat board . .which would simply be a grid array of assignable velocity sensitive pads . . to the right, a similar grid array and filter control for samples . . (sides can be switched depending on what handedness you are) . . In effect it's a mutant mixing station . . but that's not what makes it special . . the HANDS are what make it special . . I'll explain . .

. . Have a neural-net interface . . . in a choker that goes around the musicians neck, which can send and receive electrical transmissions to the brain and translate them into movement by floating hands . . Yes, I am talking about actual floating hands . .disconnected from your body (hence, the reason we can't create this with our technology. .)

. . stop laughing . . .

. . . . These floating hands would become extra hands that your brain controls through the interface . . . Now one would say that a complete neural net system where no physical interaction is needed would be more efficient, but the actual act of pressing the keys and tweaking the knobs is, a lot of times, what gives the music that "ride" that becomes irresistable to the listener . . Why do you think most samplers and beatboxes have a "shuffle" setting??. . . In a studio an electronic musician must do each track seperately . . laying the chords and basslines onto the beat, then layering any bridging in the harmony's and melodies that may happen throughout the song . . the key downfall to this system is that one must go through the song several times to get the complete picture . . the complete "articulation" . . drawn out . .

. . WHY??. .

. . cause we only got 2 hands . . With my system one could have a virtually limitless number of hands . . the more pieces you need to play, the more hands you add on . .the only limitation being your brain's ability to control them . . Think about it . . one person could control an entire 100 piece symphony at the same time with their mind . . WHILE maintaining a human feel . . as long as they have the mental strength to do it . .

. . There's sooo much more I want to convey about this . . It really does get me excited . . but I can't find the words . . I'm too Right Brained . .. I wish I could touch some of you on the shoulder and have you "see" what I see in my head . . . cause then you'd understand . . I do hope words did the job adequately though . .

. . any thoughts? . . .