Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Platinum Tuesdays...

For those who are looking for a good Tuesday night spot with cheap drinks and minimum cover check out Platinum. $2 beer, $3 mixed drinks. No cover for ladies, $3 for guys. John Michaels is the resident DJ on Tuesdays. I can't make it out this coming week beacuse i'll be in Vermont. Have fun!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For everyone interested, this party is in the spirit of DT's "Be Yourself" theme. We want people to come down and enjoy the music and the scene. Leave your Drama at the door, come as you are...jeans...sneakers...whatever, just come to dance and enjoy. Doors open at 8. Hope to see you all there!

***JM***

Platinum is located at 13 Paterson Street in New Brunswick, right off George street, next to a huge public parking deck.

The club is a decent size, with a good sound system and great lighting. The crowd has been great on weekends, and the weekday parties are going to pick up once the semester starts.

Resident DJ Mark Amatucci is very talented, spinning NY hard house on thursdsays, fridays, and sats, and John Michaels is starting up the tuesday party...his sound is difficult to describe...ask him and he will just tell you to come listen...I agree!

Tuesdays, you can wear whatever you want, and the cover and drinks are cheap. Its a laid back party, all about the music and the groove. Weekends are about the pretty people, so dress to impress, and the drinks are a bit more expensive.

its 21+ every night, cover depends on the night, but no matter what its always a good time!

geez, im like a fullblown promoter or something?!?!?!?

Club Platinum

BG

Originally posted by lunalounge46

Where is this place? i hear its good, and i def. want to check it out. if you can... give me details on what it looks like, what kind of crowd, you know shit like that.

I was there opening night. I liked the layout and sound system. The dance floor needed a little help. I was told that the top coat was still missing or something along those line.... Bartenders were decent, except a 1 0r 2 who didn't know how to make a mixed drink.... I was there a few weeks ago just to check out a different night, and all those things seemed to have been taken care of.

Can't wait to hear John:)

thanks for the info. guys/girls, i def. want to check it out.

if you guys happen to be in my area, you guys can come to my lounge which is located on rte.46east totowa nj. @mediterraneo restaurant.

it is called luna lounge fridays.

i def. will be more than happy to take care of you guys.

hey ibclubbin, you think possibly if i come to platinum on a friday you can hook it up with a comp.

i live in north jersey but i think i'm going to make it down this friday. eventhough my lounge is running on that night, i gotta get out some time (you know). let me know.

Last night at Platinum was soooo good!!!!!!! It started off a little slow, but that is a given.... I still don't get why people don't show up somewhere until like 11:30-12:00 knowing a place closes at 2:confused: But anyways, it did get crowed as it got later. John Michaels was so good to the ears. Anyone who hasn't heard him, I suggest you check him out. There was always people on the dance floor and people hanging on the sides cutting up the rug. A Tuesday night well spent:D LIke O need another excuse to go out during the week!?!?!?!?!:tongue:

Congrats on a great party John!!!!!!

Thank you soooo much for the support. The crowd was amazing. We did about 215 people last evening and every last one of them was great. I don't think people knew most of the tracks but they seemed to relate, because it is all about the music.

BG thanks for your help....SpyGirl, as always, a pleasure to have you bouncing around the booth...Dave/Jason we will see you next week. Again, all of you were the bomb last evening, I had a lovely time.....can't wait till next week....remember Its All About the Music!

****JM****

Originally posted by john_michael0494

Thank you soooo much for the support. The crowd was amazing. We did about 215 people last evening and every last one of them was great. I don't think people knew most of the tracks but they seemed to relate, because it is all about the music.

BG thanks for your help....SpyGirl, as always, a pleasure to have you bouncing around the booth...Dave/Jason we will see you next week. Again, all of you were the bomb last evening, I had a lovely time.....can't wait till next week....remember Its All About the Music!

****JM****

You know it......Music is the Answer

Originally posted by tyco

what doesn John Michaels spin?

a good Tuesday party in NJ? Very nice.........spirit of "Be Yourself" even better.....

def gonna make it there soon......:D

He spins a nice mix of hard underground, tribal, drum and bass. He drops some phat vocals and deep beats. Definitely worth a trip out.....

Tuesday nights at Platinum are my new home.

In reply to the music that John Michaels spins, more progressive trance with some great vocals at all the right times and the occasional break beat to throw you into Euphoria.

Music with Soul! John Michaels has the passion and heart see you next week.

Originally posted by john_michael0494

SpyGirl, I def do NOT spin drum and base, not that there is anything wrong with it. Just not my style. Deep trance, tribal and some progressive is a bit more accurate. ;)

I know that came out wrong.....I didn't mean drum and bass per say.....But I think you know what I meant....:blank:

i would describe it as....

ugly tribal (because when that base thumps you just have to pump your fist and make that ugly half grin half sneer face)

dirty tech (because the music takes over your body and makes you move in ways that are very very naughty)

a touch of progressive house and trance, with a splash of the sweetest vocals you have ever heard, and the occasional breakbeat to throw you offguard

many DJs have a certain style that they sound like all night....John changes it up throughout the night to keep you movin all night:spin2:

BG

j.m...... yo yo. it's chris (casale). great job last night. i had to be up at 4:30 this morning. u had me there til the amps were turned off. niiiccceeee!! and i forgot my c.d. no biggie. i'll see you sooner than later. :eek: :eek: next time introduce me to spy girl. i'm sure we were right next to each other most of the night. (i had the blue ball cap on) only person in the place w/ a baseball hat on......:D lata dawg