Clubplanet Nightlife Community

credit cards = evil

. .yalls gotta watch that stuff . . you do realize that debt is the last way in this country to enslave a person to others. . . Going into debt for a house, or a car is one thing . . that's constructive . . but getting slapped with 18 percent interest over shoes and trinkets is just ludicrus . .

I wish I never got a credit card :( I'm sooo in credit card debt right now :( . I owe like $20,000 =( I got my first Credit Card when I went to Suny New Paltz and the rest is all downhill. I think I owe like 10-15 credit cards .... Collection is always calling my house. It's crazy. I wish I listened to my dad & only used it in emergency! I'm thinking on going to see how I can see to go Bankurp... =( Thats the only thing I can think on what to do.

Credit Cards = Evil.. Pay with cash !

Originally posted by princesslolita

I wish I never got a credit card :( I'm sooo in credit card debt right now :( . I owe like $20,000 =( I got my first Credit Card when I went to Suny New Paltz and the rest is all downhill. I think I owe like 10-15 credit cards .... Collection is always calling my house. It's crazy. I wish I listened to my dad & only used it in emergency! I'm thinking on going to see how I can see to go Bankurp... =( Thats the only thing I can think on what to do.

Credit Cards = Evil.. Pay with cash !

Try ameridebt. No word of a lie, helped out one of my friends back in RI when she owed $10,000 or so.

As for me, I owe $7000. Goddamnit. I'll pay it off, eventually.

Stick with debit cards. Bad credit will kill you when you wanna make some large purchase that you'll have to finance. It's gonna be much much harder to file for bankruptcy soon, so bankruptcy is not gonna be an option the way it used to be. :biggrin:

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Try ameridebt. No word of a lie, helped out one of my friends back in RI when she owed $10,000 or so.

As for me, I owe $7000. Goddamnit. I'll pay it off, eventually.

Yeah try Ameridebt - I am $8000 in debt and I will be done paying it in 2005 with Ameridebt as opposed to 2020 if I continued paying it all by myself. They are da bomb! Although I wish I never had to utilize them in the first place!!!

I would say to NOT file for bankruptcy though - it will be hard to get a house or car in the future.

:cool:

Well, I would be in debt if I didn't have my mommy :love: I just owe her money and believe me I woudl rather owe my mom dough than those damn creditors...Yeah, but even so I am careful with how much I spend. I got 4 credit cards and I use them when it is necessary...

Originally posted by launch

Why are you blaming credit cards, and calling them evil? Instead maybe you should take a better look at your spending habits.

. . . i agree with the spending habits point . . however!!!, I do believe that credit companies are, more often than not, underhanded with their debt-holders . . . I had a Visa card cancelled on me because I used it RESPONSIBLY . . I never carried a balance, and it would only get used on the weekends when I was out and about . . At the end of the month, I was even with the house, no questions asked . . 8 months later, I no longer had a Visa . .

. . . you do the dirty math . .

Credit card companies are the shadiest bunch of fuck ups this capitalist country has ever seen.

They suck, plain and simple. If there was a way I knew about to fuck them over, I would in a second.

Someone tell me why you sign up for a credit card with a 9.99%apr guaranteed throughout the life of the card and when you are late one month, it shoots up to 19.99%.....no questions answered.

It would be great if there were a Tyler Durden to blast all the credit companies out of existance.

I blame my addiction to record shopping for my debt - 5 grand down the hole in almost two years - and that was pretty much just to keep up to date and build a solid staple of vinyl - Its taking me forever to pay back.. and being unemployed doesnt help either - stupid job market....

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . i agree with the spending habits point . . however!!!, I do believe that credit companies are, more often than not, underhanded with their debt-holders . . . I had a Visa card cancelled on me because I used it RESPONSIBLY . . I never carried a balance, and it would only get used on the weekends when I was out and about . . At the end of the month, I was even with the house, no questions asked . . 8 months later, I no longer had a Visa . .

. . . you do the dirty math . .

that must be the REAL reason citibank has refused my 4 requests for a limit increase from the $600 introductory limit i got from them my freshman year in college... i've been late a few times but i've always paid in full when i did...