Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Orlando ->

dubservah

SKY60 in ORLANDO

For all those that do not know, there is a new rooftop club that throws down in Orlando. I'm giving a gracious plug because, eye indeed spend some time there...

www.sky60.com

[i don't think the site does it justice]

On any given evening you can hear everything from James Brown and Stevie Wonder, to Thievery Corporation and Blaze deep house remixes. It's a place to mingle and chill , and get a little drunk in the process... the dress is a little more than casual.

As for the line-up, some of the best local Djs play there, incuding MOT, Guillermo, Q-Burns, Gerard, and myself. Unannounced "guests" appear when you least expect it. I will add, though, if you're looking for breaks this is NOT the place to go. But if you're down with see-through white tents, uplit palm trees, and a deep groove- then this is your place.

[D]ubservah

PS- Be nice to the doorman.

i just checked out the site. sounds like something i'd really like. funny...when i lived in orlando, sapphire (which was the downtown jazz and blues club) used to have a tuesday nite party there called phat 'n jazzy. dj bmf would be the resident there (i think he still is). q burns would be a frequent visitor too.

next time i'm in orlando i think i might check it out.

Guest tilly
Originally posted by phrankadelic

i just checked out the site. sounds like something i'd really like. funny...when i lived in orlando, sapphire (which was the downtown jazz and blues club) used to have a tuesday nite party there called phat 'n jazzy. dj bmf would be the resident there (i think he still is). q burns would be a frequent visitor too.

next time i'm in orlando i think i might check it out.

Frank,

you crack me up! We lived at the same place in Orlando and went to the same places and LOVE the same DJ and have never met.

I heard about this place. My friends said it was fun. I am also a HUGE fan of Q-burns. Luckily he makes appearances in NYC..unfortunately I have to go to Orlando to get a dose of BMF.

Guest tilly
Originally posted by phrankadelic

bmf is sick man. he came out with a nu breed cd a while back that's been a classic for me. he turns it out night in and night out. saw him last conference at a party at the clevelander...the man was cutting it up sick!! definitely my style!

so he turned u on eh? ;):D

I can't believe that we are discussing BMF! I always talk about him but no one outside of Orlando knows him cause he doesn't really travel or market himself (outside of an ad I once saw in URB magazine). I just got a newly burned cd of his that is killing me..but I don't know the name of it. I have MANY of his cd's and tapes. He used to sample in brass monkey years ago and that's when I got hooked (back when he spun at Barbarella).:cool:

His site is still down and won't be up until around June.

www.eighthdimensions.com

Stay tuned!