Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone feelin' DJ Troy St Charles at Platinum Wednesdays?

Troy St. Charles is my boy. As we spin to late hours in his house listening to nothing but the best tunes out there.

Listen to Troy @ R-Bar on Thursday & Friday nights. One thing I have to say about Troy the Saint. He is no commercial DJ like everyone here. Nothing but Paul Oakenfold and Paul Van Dyk style.

Keep a look out for this rookie thats tearing shit up. Wake up everyone a new rookie is in town giving you all something we all need "SOMETHING DIFFERENT".......

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by vsoto212

Troy St. Charles is my boy. As we spin to late hours in his house listening to nothing but the best tunes out there.

Listen to Troy @ R-Bar on Thursday & Friday nights. One thing I have to say about Troy the Saint. He is no commercial DJ like everyone here. Nothing but Paul Oakenfold and Paul Van Dyk style.

Keep a look out for this rookie thats tearing shit up. Wake up everyone a new rookie is in town giving you all something we all need "SOMETHING DIFFERENT".......

BTW how could he be giving us "something different" if he spins Oakie & PVD style..?? i think those guys have already giving us something of their own..... plus putting NO commercial & Oakie in the same sentence is pretty funny.. he has sold himself out to the whole kiddie trance-bandwagon & many people on her can atest to that! especially the MTV generation, what a joke!) anyways i'm not knocking anybody just curious what this guy can give us that those other dj's haven't already :tongue: (PS & dont try to knock me cause i've been spinning for 7+ years up & down the east coast & canada, so dont try to tell me i dont know what i'm talkin about, thank you very much :D :D :D )

First off , Im not knocking on you @ all . But the music he spins at clubs NO ONE SPINS here. Thats Different. And one thing if you think Oakie sold himself out , thats your opinion. But here's a reminder he's the best DJ out and he's on top BY HIMSELF, sorry if you cant compete to that level. Tell thousands and thousands and thousands of people that, lol...And yeah what can Troy St. Charles give us what the other TOP dj's give us already even though there here once ina blue moon, "continuos music" is what he can give us... Read about OAKEY in NYE in Hollywood, tell me what dj gets all that RESPECT like that...But continue your djing and good luck have you ever spun here, what name do you go by.

like i said i aint knocking nobody here if u read my post above.. just confused about why people say he spins like Oakie & PVD yet he spins soulful house???

[CONFUSED]Insert your comment here[/CONFUSED]

I've seen oakie numerous times & he has yet to amaze me with his skill (none sorry to say) PVD on the other hand is truly amazing and deserves all the recognition in the world.. oakie on the other hand shouldnt be on top since other DJ's/producers are far better than him (DT, danny howells, PVD, carl cox, morillo, etc etc etc)

as for my dj'ing > read my post below about what board members spin from the other day.. (i go by dubble d)

----------------------------------------------------------

right here RIGHT here... i've been spinning for 7+ years now. i've had major residencies at the following places>> Cream , HUSH, nativa, SUITE tuesdays, MINT aka chaos all in NYC, katmandu in trenton, melody bar in new brunswick, felicity's in toronto & also a new monthly party at System Soundbar in toronto..

my style can be best described as funky chunky twisted~infused house! lots of shuffled tribal rhythms with influences from funk, soul, dub, garage & raggae all fused into one...

hey vsoto212 where do you spin ??

I dont spin no where, but I know my music listening and being in the club scene for a long time. But like I said b4 everyone has there opinion on their dj likes. For what im saying is all there is here is hard house and little few of what I like. Something different here is always good. As for Richie Santana with his Tribal (excellent mixer). Something different again.

Some dj's are good around the area, but really not cause they'll play one good song and then all of a sudden everyone is like , what the fuck is he playing now. Troy just keeps on goin with good music with a good vibe. Just giving him credit due to the fact he's a rookie, as at one time you was too, hoping people and friends put the word out for you.

One day when he spins out , come and listen, until you know, you'll understand. Soulful house is played @ R-Bar where his residency is on Thursday and Friday nights as for Platinum on Wed. NV @ Philly and the Official after Party for the Area One Festival with Joe Ski. For a rookie thats pretty ok. Like I said b4 these top dj's are here once ina blue moon, Troy St. Charles can continue giving us these wonderful tunes that are spinned.

Are you Phlipe Snoy or John Michaels..........

First of all I am John Michaels, and I really don't think Philipe posts on this board. Seconly, I have and will continue to support local talent. I have never bashed his or anyone elses ability on this board! Ask Troy how many records I have lent him to burn to CD because he thought they were solid tunes when I played them out! I have seen Troy spin on NUMEROUS occasions .

Who are you VSOTO212?

***JOHN MICHAELS***

...in case there was any confusion about who I am