Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dating a woman with a child?

fierydesire

ive dated a guy with a child -- at first i was skeptical about dealing with the "baggage" , but it honestly wasn't a big deal because i loved them both so much. i could've done without the baby mama drama though.

it sucks when you break up though --- you end up losing TWO people :(

would i do it again? dont think so, i want to be #1 in my man's eyes before there are any children brought into the picture :D

that might sound selfish, but i dont care :tongue:

Originally posted by legend38

Not right now

I agree, I'm only 22, and if I'm dating someone, I'd want them to have time to spend with me when I go out partying, and I feel if you have a kid, you probably shouldn't be partying like I do anyways, but if I was 28 or 29, yea I would.

Originally posted by belladiva26

would i do it again? dont think so, i want to be #1 in my man's eyes before there are any children brought into the picture :D

Its not selfish at all, I agree with you 100%. I mean I personally wouldn' t date a guy with a child. I mean I want who ever I marry to not have children. Like we can both have a fresh start....

...such a wierd subject. I think it's different for a guy to say yes or no...cause dealing with a baby's father, is nothing like dealing with a baby's mother....ya know?

The one love of my life (so far) has a son that is almost 8. Kids love me, and I have no problem with them at all...but there's just a lot of baggage that floats around...I've known and loved this guy for almost 4 years...and we still can't get it together...well, besides the fact that he lives in Boston......:(

The girl I started seeing and just fell in love with (see my other recent post) happens to have a 7 year old boy. Doesn't bother me one bit. I adore her and he is a cutie so I'm fine with it. There is no dad to ever deal with, he died about 7 years ago.

I'm my girlfriend's first love since him. I almost feel I'm not worthy of that... but she sure seems to think I am. :)

Well, I praise those of you who can..I mean I never would want to b/c say if thngs do work out right..I want us both to have our first child together. Plus if you marryu a guy with a kid, who takes care of there son say, you an always have baby mama drama. My poor friend goes through it now and he is in hell

i have and would again..met a girl and when we hooked up she was 3-4 months along..was with her the whole pregnacy and was at her daughters birth..then was there 3 months later when her mom died of ovarian cancer (RIP)...ill post a pic sometime of the little cutie...i love them both very much..to bad were not datin anymore..o well

Originally posted by fierydesire

Well, I praise those of you who can..I mean I never would want to b/c say if thngs do work out right..I want us both to have our first child together. Plus if you marryu a guy with a kid, who takes care of there son say, you an always have baby mama drama. My poor friend goes through it now and he is in hell

i guess we're the only ones that see eye to eye

a lot of you guys say "ya, id do it"........... but wait til you hear that kid running around, screaming, being a brat, crying, keeping you up at night, getting you sick etc.. its not its all cracked up to be :rolleyes:

cute kid or not.......it was hard spending so much of my time with someone else's child and not being able to discipline him the way i wanted when he was getting out of line :mad: