Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I am so happy, I wanna share!

For me one of the best parts of being a DJ is when people go out of their way to find you, and just 10 minutes ago an IM popped up that I regonized as this couple that use to come to my bar every week JUST FOR ME.

Somehow (as they put it) I perfectly mixed a blend of old and new music so that they (being in their late 30's) could come out (after quitting clubbing 10 years ago) week after week.

I still remember her favorite song too, "Delicious!"

And it just wasn't "play my song, and I'll dance" it was "play my favorite song please and then take me somewhere!" I mean what more could a DJ ask for?!?

People ask me sometimes why I still keep a full set of equipment after "retiring" from private gigs and the answer is because it's people like them (and theres only about a dozen or so) if they ever need me, I'm there!.

And I even still have my first clients (over 13 years).

Originally posted by petrol

That's a very fulfilling feeling..., that's gotta feel good. Congrats on touching someone, there's no substitute.

I got that at a show of my paintings a few times. Feels great and reminds us of why we do what we do.

petrol - you paint? what kind of painting?

Originally posted by shugabooga

oh yeah - how did the thingee go the other day? with that song, the one about sneaking in the back window?

Ahh yes the remix is finally done! Actually as of today it should be in the artists hands.

Thats "Boy Next Door" by Billi Crayone (Dj Apotheosis mix)

keep an ear out! (insert shamless plug)