Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nyc!!!!

Originally posted by electronicaca

I was just there for winter break, what an awesome city! I'm from L.A. area in CA....I'm moving out to NYC as soon as possible....Anyone know what the prices range for apartments with room mates and of course in a decent area???

$1,500(for a Shoe Box) and Up......

exactly, move to north jersey and just drive to the city. I live 20 minutes from the city and i like it like that. in a perfect world i'd live right on the hudson in jersey viewing the city, that or live in a really expensive penthouse in the city. otherwise its just not worth it...

i love the city trust me but i believe this is the better choice fianicially and mentally as well

When I first moved here 4 years ago, I lived on the hudson overlooking NYC, and it pretty much sucked. Pain in the as to get in, and every time I checked the view, it made me jones to be in the city.

So I moved in, and its 100 times better - no Jersey bashing here, but NYC is just a much a better place to live - why commute when you can be here? I'll move back to Jersey when I have a family.

I also lived in Brooklyn for a while, which was very cool -- definitely a better alternative to Jersey.

Electronicaca -- definitely go for Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens, in that order. Explore the different areas within each borough, and decide where you want to live. Skip Jersey altogether, though.

Good luck with your move.

Originally posted by hoke

What's all this talk about Jersey? Queens or Brooklyn would also be more affordable than Manhattan, with easier access to the city at all hours.

PATH train runs 24-7-365.

and it takes 15 mintues to get to midtown.

queens and brooklyn -> more like 20-25.

even more if you're in bensonhurst of flatbush

or even park slope, etc. queens? even longer.

queens and brooklyn -> more like 20-25.

I live in Astoria.

And proximity to midtown isn't the best measure of commute time. When I lived in Park Slope, I was a hop, skip and a jump from downtown, and really never felt a need to be any closer to midtown.

Originally posted by magilicuti

exactly, move to north jersey and just drive to the city. I live 20 minutes from the city and i like it like that. in a perfect world i'd live right on the hudson in jersey viewing the city, that or live in a really expensive penthouse in the city. otherwise its just not worth it...

i love the city trust me but i believe this is the better choice fianicially and mentally as well

Yeah, just cause you're not actually living *in* the city, doesn't mean you can't enjoy its fruits. Jersey cheaper. The Bronx is even cheaper and there are some parts of the Bronx that can put you within 15-20 minutes of downtown. There are some parts of the Bronx you should steer clear from. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you find a ridiculously low price for a manhattan cubbyhole, you should give pause and wonder what's really up.

ok, whoever wrote that message about LA better than NYC...no way. LA is all right but the NYC just awesome! (Even though I'm going to the beach to tan today...but even the beach isn't that great!)

All the ideas about Jeresey sound great but I dont know anyone there and Im planning on going to college in the city, so the drive and all that pain in the ass...and in NYC i know ppl, my best friend and ppl for clubs...etc