Clubplanet Nightlife Community

$10,000 car insurance!

i have a very bad driving record and i drive a late model bmw and you know what my insurance decided not to renew my insurance so i had so shop around of other insurance. the only insurance i could get in NY is whats called NY state risk group insurance and i would have to pay $10,549 a year!(it used to be $3500) ive been depressed about this. i might have to sell my car. are there any of you with bad record with a nice new car who pay alot of money for car insurance?? how much do you pay?

shit

LOL , don't sweet it bro. Your not the only one. ;) I am in your position kindaa. well i am not paying 10 g'z , but 5...and i live in jersey (which i think is worse then NY?) I have a brand new car also.. I just try not to think about it, AT ALL.. :laugh: lol its ok though i have it covered. just think 5 or 6 more years and it will be back to normal.

don't dwell on it :cool:

im also thinking about it registereing in different state with my parents address in VA. im just worried i might get caught and have to pay fines. do you live in tristate area?? did you have any troubles with your car being registed in indiana but drive mostly in NYC area??

well sincei

Originally posted by diesel77

i pay almost $4k for a lexus.

its registered in fucking indiana...should go way down though in april when i b 25

do you have bad record?? is n.nj iinsurance higher than nyc??

Originally posted by illlogik

LOL , don't sweet it bro. Your not the only one. ;) I am in your position kindaa. well i am not paying 10 g'z , but 5...and i live in jersey (which i think is worse then NY?) I have a brand new car also.. I just try not to think about it, AT ALL.. :laugh: lol its ok though i have it covered. just think 5 or 6 more years and it will be back to normal.

don't dwell on it :cool:

Originally posted by entrepreneur

do you have bad record?? is n.nj iinsurance higher than nyc??

Yes. . . Jersey does have higher rates than NY. . . In fact, Jersey has the highest rates in the country . . . There was some kind of scandal with the Governement trying to cap rates and gangs hitting cars and exploiting the no-fault laws . .

that sounds about right....i pay $8k in NJ (higher rates than NY) and also drive a bimmer, and that's cuz I had 1 accident and one fucking speeding ticket (4 pts) and nothing else...it's ridiculous. Basically the point system in NJ works like this....stay under 9 points and you're ok. Go at 9 or over and you're fucked. At-fault accident counts as 5 points even if no cops involved. So in jersey you could be fucked for having 2 speeding tickets and a failure to stop at stop sign, all within 3 years.

yeah I'm also thinking about selling it and waiting 'till I turn 25 soon enuff. I pay more for insurance monthly than what I used to pay for the car when I was financing it....fucked up huh?

heheh that sure taught me a lesson though...gotta drive like a pussy for next couple of yrs :) or get a better job :D

Originally posted by entrepreneur

im glad that i am not the only one :) but hey i got a good deal. i called insurance company in VA and i can get my BMW insured for $3000.. instead of $10,000 here in NY. fuck NY/NJ insurances

damn how did u get hooked up with that, don't you need VA residency? i have NJ and PA residency I know GEICO quoted me $6k for PA, and $4.5k for minimum coverage $1000 deduct. everything....but minimum is kinda sketchy i dunno.

Originally posted by phuturephunk

Yes. . . Jersey does have higher rates than NY. . . In fact, Jersey has the highest rates in the country . . . There was some kind of scandal with the Governement trying to cap rates and gangs hitting cars and exploiting the no-fault laws . .

You hit part of the nail on the head....

....The main reason rates are highest in NJ are because they have a take all comers policy in the state....Which means no matter how bad your driving record is, you can walk into whatever insurance company you want and say "Give me Insurance!!!" and they have to write you a policy....

.....And every other state, an insurance company has a right to say we don't want to insurance you, your to high of a risk to us....

....NJ & NY have governments which are highly involved in governing the insurance industry, but refuse to help them get a grip on raising rates....they just want to make sure they don't try to screw the insurance customer in other ways....