Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Am I the only one that is not a fan of DT here???

karch

Progressive house is getting a bit old to me.....I think it's more the genre that's getting a bit stale.

I'm gonna get to DT soon enough, cuz I've only heard him a couple of times.

It's just the who damn barrage of the Vinyl saturday line up that's getting a bit on my nerves.

Howells was damn cool when I first saw him like a year ago....but those 10 hour marathon sets are killing me. On the same principle, I'm willing to check out DT's long ass sets, but I can't say that after seeing the man like 5 times in a row I'd be able to take him too well.

No doubt DT is a talented DJ, but then again.....you can't please everyone.

oh and one more thing.....

DON'T BE KNOCKIN' THE DISCO HOUSE!

*stares at Despina*

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

Who are you to say that we REALLY haven't experienced DT.Exactly it's all opinion and i respect your's.I got's nufin but love for everyone.

Who's to say I was talking about you?!? Did I quote you? did I say "tunnelbandit, blahblahblah?" no I didn't, trust me if I was referring to you, it would be clear..just being honest...:)

All I am saying is that one shouldn't base his/her opinions from seeing someone perform live, once or twice..

There are some DJ's that get better and better and when you see a certain DJ (for ex. DT) on a consistent basis, you appreciate them and their true talent even more.....and then there are others that after performing for soo many years and making soo much money they really don't care if they're good or bad cause they've already made a name for themselves.. ya got me?

Hallelujah Karch wont ever be coming to Vinyl on friday HEHEHE...

na its all good DT is a great and I love his style I have been a fann for about 2 straight years now tell the truth I cant take danny every single friday but I cant take any one thing for too long before I lose my mind but Danny is the best his mixxes are flawless his track selection is inspirational and his style is sexy and intelligient... if you dont want to be sexy and intellingent

then dont come but dont bitch about being the only person that doesn't like DT.. are you looking for other people to be negative with or something cause thats what it sounds like.....

Originally posted by siceone

Hallelujah Karch wont ever be coming to Vinyl on friday HEHEHE...

na its all good DT is a great and I love his style I have been a fann for about 2 straight years now tell the truth I cant take danny every single friday but I cant take any one thing for too long before I lose my mind but Danny is the best his mixxes are flawless his track selection is inspirational and his style is sexy and intelligient... if you dont want to be sexy and intellingent

then dont come but dont bitch about being the only person that doesn't like DT.. are you looking for other people to be negative with or something cause thats what it sounds like.....

haha... nah I'll come to vinyl in the near future, just cause you said that.

I didn't bitch about being the only person that doesn't like DT. I asked, "who else is out there?" Cause lately all I hear is "DT this and DT that, I love DT"..... I haven't really heard critical comments though. So I was thinking, "There's gotta be people out there that are not really into his music like me" And I'm not trying to dis the man at his skills. He's great in that. But I don't think anyone here dissed him in any of there posts.. Just saying I don't like the type of music he spins. That's all, I got my preferences, you got yours. Maybe in the future my tastes will change. But for now, I'm not a fan of DT.

Originally posted by karch

haha... nah I'll come to vinyl in the near future, just cause you said that.

I didn't bitch about being the only person that doesn't like DT. I asked, "who else is out there?" Cause lately all I hear is "DT this and DT that, I love DT"..... I haven't really heard critical comments though. So I was thinking, "There's gotta be people out there that are not really into his music like me" And I'm not trying to dis the man at his skills. He's great in that. But I don't think anyone here dissed him in any of there posts.. Just saying I don't like the type of music he spins. That's all, I got my preferences, you got yours. Maybe in the future my tastes will change. But for now, I'm not a fan of DT.

hell yeah dude I will be the first one to welcome you to vinyl... its right near the river so you can go wash the guido off before you come in man :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

its all good I understand where you are coming from bro just giving you a lil resistance makes things more interesting..

I'm not really I fan. I love deep house but I find DT very boring. Half the times I've heard him it was just pounding beats. I like my house music to be a little more soulful and musical. The We and the Music parties at Centro have some excellent deep house DJ's, particularly the Naked Music crew.

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

Sven Vath, Danny Howells...

unless you're catchign him in germany, why sven vath is there is a mystery to me.. besides the fact that i've never heard of him spinnign a 10+ hour set ever..

and danny howells happens to be one of my favorite dj's as well ;)

Originally posted by PFloyd40

unless you're catchign him in germany, why sven vath is there is a mystery to me.. besides the fact that i've never heard of him spinnign a 10+ hour set ever..

and danny howells happens to be one of my favorite dj's as well ;)

Why wouldn't he be there? He is German after all.....:confused:

And before the cocoon days he'd regularly spin 12-14 hour sets.

And on another note, as to Howells, he doesn't really spin those marathon sets outside of NYC either....

His opener sets at bedrock ranged andwhere from 3-7 hours.

Originally posted by PFloyd40

why sven vath is there is a mystery to me.. besides the fact that i've never heard of him spinnign a 10+ hour set ever..

Actually Sven Vath was one of the first DJs that did a Marathon Set (10+ Hours)....There You go...I solved the mystery...:rolleyes: