Clubplanet Nightlife Community

In 5 or plus years will you be too old?

While I know some of you are only 18-20 and some are much older, the question is do yourself always going out and clubbing and getting jacked up..or do u think theres a time for people to stop and sow down? I know music for the most part will always be a passion, but the partying that goes with it do u think that theres a cut off point?

I think that maybe one should weigh a settled life and partying and try to balance them both. I dont see anything wrong with going out but maybe when ur older do it in moderation and not get so cracked out.

thats just my two cents

:bounce:

CD

I'm turing 26 next month and I can only speak for myself when I say that clubbing gets old after a while. Once you've partied so much you get tired of it...at 20 or even 25 you think it won't happen to you but, believe me, kids, eventually you'll get a hobbie and you'll reminisce about clubbing hardcore when you were young...it's not that bad getting older.

. . I believe in balance . . . I'm sure that my life won't revolve around Nightlife in say . . 10 years . . but I do think I'll still keep my hand in, just to keep the memories fresh . . .

. . . As far as getting cracked out is concerned. . . that's all a question of what you feel comfortable doing while you're cracked . . I actually knew some older people down south who would take E every once in a while just to feel all happy and free. . . other than that they were pretty run of the mill people . . .

. . . Who knows what's gonna happen . . I'll keep jumpin around like a hyperactive ninja until then . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . I believe in balance . . . I'm sure that my life won't revolve around Nightlife in say . . 10 years . . but I do think I'll still keep my hand in, just to keep the memories fresh . . .

. . . As far as getting cracked out is concerned. . . that's all a question of what you feel comfortable doing while you're cracked . . I actually knew some older people down south who would take E every once in a while just to feel all happy and free. . . other than that they were pretty run of the mill people . . .

. . . Who knows what's gonna happen . . I'll keep jumpin around like a hyperactive ninja until then . . .

yeah in moderation is good..but then again you hae 30 yr olds still getting mangled and they happen to be my friends hahahaa, but sprincess youre right, i go thru my phazes of giong out hardcore for 6 months then laying low, but here recently i have been kind of going more to lounges, many years of partying are great memories but id like to keep them that way in like 8 years after im done, maybe go out here and there, any other thoughts?

CD

as an old man of 32years (ancient on this board) ..you def .slow down in every aspect including times out and stuff ingested, been goin out since 88 and yeah it sometimes seems like why even bother? hardcore clubbin is a young mans sport, but still gotta get out even if its only a couple times a month now...and NO MORE AFTA HOURS. I guess u do just find other things in life that are more important than bein in Factory every weekend till 3pm rollin balls

how old are you? it seems you are talking about your age and your own club life.

Originally posted by phuturephunk

Its all about moderation. I know people 34 and shit who party alot. they also don't have children. I guess it all depends on your life style. I know I want balance. In 5 yrs I'll be 26 an I hope that I can still party and shit. Yet it is all relevant where my life takes me

well im 28 and have been going out since '90. I dont know i mean i go through my phases where i party hardcore and then lay off for a while. I dont see myself ending anytime sooon. I mean im not married or anything. And I have more money now than i did when i was 18 plus im in much better shape so its more fun to party now then it was b4. But the common denominator in my life is not the club whereas when i was 18 or20 i would get all worked up and excited. Other interests are cool, and thats what getting older is about. But when i do go out i go all out!!!

I'm not trying to be funny but we all know that when we see that 40 year old getting their groove on with a bunch of 21 year olds we laugh and run! As you get older your interests change as does your personality does. There is so much more to life than clubbing and as you get older, you see that and you find more diverse things to do as a release or for fun. Don't get me wrong, dancing is lots of fun but not every weekend or even every other weekend after a while.

**disclaimer** I'm only speaking for me (cause that's the only person I can speak for).

i agree with u i mean i remember i needed to go out everyweekend and i see some of the posts and people are hitting one club every single week nah and for me that gets boring. I'll go to a club an afterhours or whatever and party my ass in the name of partying but usually only 2x a month or so or sometimes not even. I think its fun to have other interests occupy ur time it just makes the few times u go out more memorable

Anyone's whose been to parties such as, say, Juniorverse (well, Earth now) can contest to the fact that there are plenty of people in their late thirties and even forties who can throw it down with the best of them. When I went to Body and Soul at Summerstage, I saw tons of queens who you just know were partying back at '54... And it's so amazing to see people that age who are still groovin, who still have the music in their hearts.

In 5 years I will only be 31... hardly over the hill. As long as the dj's keep playin that music that feeds my soul, you'll see my ass shakin' to the beats...

I'll be 29 on Thursday, and although lately i havent really done too much as far as MEGA-clubbing, but it seems to go from partying a few nights during the week and then the weekends, to one night during the week and the weekends, to just the weekends, then you take a breaks every now and again and just chill on some weekends, and then maybe go out strong from Thurs - Sun once in a while, but i dont think i could ever not go out at all for a whole weekend - i'd go nutzzz! It's also a money thing where as you tend to start acquiring numerous bills as life goes on, so for responsibilities sake you gotta watch how many 'bills' your droppin on the weekends.

NOW - as for birthday weekends... It's alway nice when someone else picks up the tab for a FEW nights of partying. My party will be commencing on Thursday and will continue until Sunday!:D

:cool:

I'm sure there's a time to stop.. probally different for each person.. I think once the family comes in or the serious job or wife or husband, etc.. then maybe it starts slowing down.. some people get tired of it so they'll sto.. for me.. I'm only 19 so I got plenty of time :D :D :D

Originally posted by codica3

I'm sure there's a time to stop.. probally different for each person.. I think once the family comes in or the serious job or wife or husband, etc.. then maybe it starts slowing down.. some people get tired of it so they'll sto.. for me.. I'm only 19 so I got plenty of time :D :D :D

Kids, yes, husband/wife -NO WAY! Find someone that loves the music and dancing as much as you do and your set. It's AMAZING when your with that person on the dance floor and it feels as though your the only two people there, specially when it's PVD spinning!

I MISS HIM! but i think i saw a thread that said he may be coming to ROXY... Let me go check.

Originally posted by diamondj760

Kids, yes, husband/wife -NO WAY! Find someone that loves the music and dancing as much as you do and your set. It's AMAZING when your with that person on the dance floor and it feels as though your the only two people there, specially when it's PVD spinning!

I MISS HIM! but i think i saw a thread that said he may be coming to ROXY... Let me go check.

This is well-put. I don't have a wife, but have had a serious girlfriend for years, and that's not an excuse to stop going out (try explaining this to some of my friends). We both LOVE going out to hear a good set, and seeing her have a blast just makes it that much better....

As for the serious job thing, that's what WEEKENDS are for. I've had a serious job since the moment I graduated college (I'm 24 now, was 22 then). Does that mean I can't go out and party like a rock-star on weekends, hell no! Most of the time you find that the people who are the most successful (CEOs, VPs, managers, etc.) are also the ones who are partying the hardest in their 30s, 40s, 50s... You need to be able to have a work-life and a fun-life. It makes work that much more tollerable and is the best stress reliever out there.

I could also see me and my gf handing the kids over to grandma for the weekend so we could go out and party (I see this in many, MANY hears!:) )

Until then... who the hell wants to feel old?!?!?

Someone in here said 32 was old?? Hey, I'm 35 and I am still fighting for dance music to gain recognition.

Though I have to admit, after my married life (1995), I have stopped going to the clubs on a regular basis though I still go very infrequently...just so that I can keep tune to what is going on and to help bolster the arguments for dance music to appear on the radio.

TONY SANTIAGO

creator, Metro NY Dance Radio Coalition

Originally posted by tonysantiago

Someone in here said 32 was old?? Hey, I'm 35 and I am still fighting for dance music to gain recognition.

Though I have to admit, after my married life (1995), I have stopped going to the clubs on a regular basis though I still go very infrequently...just so that I can keep tune to what is going on and to help bolster the arguments for dance music to appear on the radio.

TONY SANTIAGO

32 IS OLD!!!

I"M 32!!!

I"M JUST TO SENILE TO STOP!!!

dance music has recognition..you should kno...disco has blossomed into all the dance you hear today..i don't know what it was before disco...i aint that old

Originally posted by sprincess218

I'm not trying to be funny but we all know that when we see that 40 year old getting their groove on with a bunch of 21 year olds we laugh and run! As you get older your interests change as does your personality does. There is so much more to life than clubbing and as you get older, you see that and you find more diverse things to do as a release or for fun. Don't get me wrong, dancing is lots of fun but not every weekend or even every other weekend after a while.

**disclaimer** I'm only speaking for me (cause that's the only person I can speak for).

hahahaa i totally know what you are talking about maybe someone like this:

37.jpg

bwahahhahaa...seriously, i think that your interests should change a bit, but please dont look like that guy up above if u decide to club at 45 hahahaha ;)

CD

Originally posted by tonysantiago

TONY SANTIAGO

See now theres a perfect example of loving the music and entertainment but working in it in a way where you progress and not let the partying over take you...

CD