Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ron Trent @ Rain this Friday

phrankadelic

Originally posted by lolahotass

Why the flu this week? Sheez, this sux.. you guys are going to have soooo much fun!!!!!!

I'll be ready next friday for sure!

Have a fun night guyz!!!

Lola:tongue:

What r u talking about....I already rented the ambulance to pick you up. The only thing you have to worry about is "Dance Fever"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well what can i say. i was quite disappointed with trent's set last night. not at all what i expected from him. i had heard him first @ giant in ny and he blew me away. but last night...it was like a yo yo. up and down. he started off great, but ended up losing me a few songs into his set. he'd play a really deep song, then bust out with something totally weak.

i thought dhm was MUCH better. it was great to finally meet the guys behind the house movement @ rain. they're throwin some sick parties and i hope to catch the loft party next w/e.

I agree w/ you 100% Frank! DHM started the night of w/ a killer groove, and Trent killed it. Don't get me wrong it wasn't like my ears were bleeding, but I was really having to try to find the beat. Every few songs he'd hit the crowd w/ a killer track and I'd get excited but then he trail off.............

Still had a good time. Rain's got mad potential..........

Hey Frank, thanks alot for pointing out the rattling in the air ducts! I was obsessing about it all night.........every couple minutes I would hear the rattling and start to cringe my teeth, it was driving me crazy. I would never have noticed it if you hadn't said something! Thanx.

*PS- you know the DJ is tearing up the decks when you're paying attention to the clubs ventilation system. :rolleyes:

Dhm totally filled the atmosphere !

I also enjoyed DHM much better than Ron Trent! DHM had the right choice of tunes ! ! As opposed to Ron Trent, he was fine in the beginning, but then his set was kind of messy. Lost me a few times. DHM just had me dancing my butt off once again! :D

I missed u in the crowd Frank ! Real hard to put your pic together with all the lights, the music and the juggling mind of mine ! ! Too many apple martinis ! That's what happens......... ;)

Anyways did miss deep dish wish i could of gone but decided to just relax in one spot ! maybe next time !

Is it Friday Yet ? ? ?

FlyG.:bounce:

:( Sorry guys for not going on Friday to Rain.

I had some issues that I needed to take care. :(

Hopefully, I can meet you guys on another cp gathering. :)

But, I went to Space for afterhouse this morning (Sunday). The place was crazy!! :cool: I didn't go anywhere on Saturday night and I woke up and went to Space at 6 am. The place was a mad house. :D:cool:

Hello all!

I just wanted to say I enjoyed Rain on Friday (DHM/Ron Trent) - - I'm a Rain virgin so it was a welcome suprise to hear great house in South Beach again (especially since the conference isn't here yet!!).

I had heard that Trent's mixing isn't that great, but I did like a lot of his selections (the Sade - Tattoo track had everyone screaming!) and the Mondo Grosso - Star Suite was heartwarming to hear - - I was singing my heart out to that one!

I must say that DHM really impressed me. Those guys really know what they're doing. 'Earth is a Place' was the track that had me going!

On the whole, I preferred the DHM set, but the whole night was just great!

I will be back for more Rain!!!

Dennis.

Phrank> Sounds like the typical NYC-vocally house style ("Star Suite" is/was HUGE there). I'm not big on vocals either. I guess expect the same this Friday with King Britt. One of his sets during last year's conference was good, but still not deep and dubby enough for my blood. Just found out that Migs and Aviles will be back at Rain on 2/22.

Originally posted by flygrl

Nightstar and GA2 it was nice to finally meet u guys ! ! Hopefully there are more gatherings soon !

Can't wait til next time ! :D

:tongue: FlyG.

It was nice to finally met you too fly :)

I have to agree with the board..........the night started off great then the tempo slowed a bit none the less the music was still great! I had an awesome time.

Nice to meet James also.