Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the problem with stupid people

Originally posted by deanna11

perhaps, but posting requires thought and we hear here more than simple statements. i would consider some posts expressive enough to make some evaluations of a person's character, which is important, because those who post with NOTHING expressive of themselves are probably hiding what they know is not worth expressing

. . . . Or can't find the words to articulate . . . I am sure that many of the people on this board who lurk, or give short simple replies are quite a bit more colorful in reality as opposed to what they project in text . . . Sometimes the words just arent there . .

. .I like this post, It has at least sparked my mental process . . . but then again, like I stated above. . many of the times I've written a book in response to a thread, people have either dismissed me out of hand or just forgotten about said thread entirely . . . prolly because they don't want to sacrifice the brain power to read what I wrote . . . .

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . . Or can't find the words to articulate . . . I am sure that many of the people on this board who lurk, or give short simple replies are quite a bit more colorful in reality as opposed to what they project in text . . . Sometimes the words just arent there . .

. .I like this post, It has at least sparked my mental process . . . but then again, like I stated above. . many of the times I've written a book in response to a thread, people have either dismissed me out of hand or just forgotten about said thread entirely . . . prolly because they don't want to sacrifice the brain power to read what I wrote . . . .

...I always read what you write:)

Originally posted by deanna11

perhaps, but posting requires thought and we hear here more than simple statements. i would consider some posts expressive enough to make some evaluations of a person's character, which is important, because those who post with NOTHING expressive of themselves are probably hiding what they know is not worth expressing

Perhaps this is true...but then again we must also not forget that this is merely a message board and not all of us invest the time to truly express ourselves in our posts. I myself do not sit and type all that I think and am capable of intelligently writing and arguing most time because I simply don't care to. I get enjoyment from either just reading posts and yes most of the time replying in a very simple manor. One cannot make a full judgement of who I am by my sometimes "stupid posts". And well if they do who cares!

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

Smokesum, no offense, but do you actually read what you write???? You're calling codica stupid but then you turn around and reply to my post by saying that the board is not an instrument used to test our intelligence......:confused:

you know, you're right. Her posts arent stupid, they are corny.

(Where did you get that quote from Albert?)

Either way. The stupid people are us.

Anyone (including my self) arguing about the stupidity of people, in a stupid thread is stupid. I think everyone is stupid just in different ways - but then again i recall meeting people that are just plain stupid. I think I contradicted myself in that last sentence - I must be stupit.:laugh::confused::(

Originally posted by smokesum

And the same can be said of yours..so whats your point? To each is own. I just express my opinion more than others.

yea ok bro....but marty(nycmuzik) just about always post intelligent remarks about world issues or about anything else....he has a tremendous amount of knowledge about the world and his music tastes are always on point....as marty said do u actually read what u write

Originally posted by msoprano13

yea ok bro....but marty(nycmuzik) just about always post intelligent remarks about world issues or about anything else....he has a tremendous amount of knowledge about the world and his music tastes are always on point....as marty said do u actually read what u write

Sorry but I didnt see your name name anywhere in this post. Im sure that Marty is intelligent enough to speak for himself. No one was talkin to you. Why dont you go door to door in your neighborhood and get people to sign your "please dont suck this week, johnny vicious!" petition.

btw, for someone who tries to be a peacemaker and all, you really like to instigate and add to the drama, dont'cha?