Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the problem with "smart" people...

Originally posted by phuturephunk

.. . . . . how so? . . .

phuturephunk, I think you're looking for an intelligent or thoughtful response. However, it seems that these days on cp, there are few who are interested in being either intelligent or thoughtful.

::sigh::

This used to be an interesting forum - a place where people actually discussed things. Lately it seems heavy with negativity, small-mindedness and adolescent pettiness.

Sorry, phuturephunk. You're definitely one of the smarter board members. It's unfortunate that good conversation is so scarce these day....:(

Originally posted by phuturephunk

.. . . . . how so? . . .

Well I think that whoever said that must have meant the kind of people that the 'stupid' people consider smart. The ones that rant and rant but, if you truly analyze what have said, it is all full of bull.

Truly intelligent people just act like themselves. They do not try to seem "smart", or try to make others feel small.

Only the "smart" people, the bookworms etc, are the ones that try to shut people down with facts, but cannot form their own, truly their own, opinions.

So I guess I am stupid cause I just said so much. Oh well.

I ADMIT IT!!! So what?

pkern : . . . "sigh" . . summed it up beautifully . . thank you for the thoughtful words . . peace . . :)

boreese : . . I don't think you're stupid cause you said so much . . I just find that the long posts that I used to write were more indicative to my insight . . . The reason I wrote them that way is because I wanted all of you to understand me and where I was coming from . . . oh well . . .

Okay so let me get this straight... smart people are stupid people who talk too much shit. So what you're saying is that people who have been revered for their intelligence, from everyone here at Georgetown and every other great college out there, everyone all the way up to Aristotle, Einstein, and everyone else who is still in school or never even set foot in a school yet is still positively brilliant, really isn't intelligent? I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you can't possibly mean that. Rather, I will trust you mean "smart" in the sense of 'sassy, snippy or sarcastic' in the manner that someone replies to posts, especially since this would explain the "talk too much shit" thing? I hope that is the case because otherwise you may have incriminated yourself as being... a number or things :worry:

Originally posted by boreese

Well I think that whoever said that must have meant the kind of people that the 'stupid' people consider smart. The ones that rant and rant but, if you truly analyze what have said, it is all full of bull.

Truly intelligent people just act like themselves. They do not try to seem "smart", or try to make others feel small.

Only the "smart" people, the bookworms etc, are the ones that try to shut people down with facts, but cannot form their own, truly their own, opinions.

well spoken. repeating another's words is not the same as intaking info and producing unique thought. humans are believed to be the only creatures who can use creative thought and develop new ideas. that remains debatable for some on this board ;)

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alright let me try and get this clear for all of you "smart" pple as you call yourselves. ok you try to make smart pple sound like some perfect beings but if you really wanna know its the nut jobs out there that are smarter than you. take the pple with ADHD(attention defficet hyperactivity disorder)these are your pple that will trash talk you to the ground and three quarters of them can back their shit up.just because you heard the phrase"the empty barrel rolls the loudest" doesnt always count.and also there is really no such thing as a dumb person because there are always things that the "dumb"pple know that u dont. so hows that for a psychoanylization Dr. Freud??

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Okay so let me get this straight... smart people are stupid people who talk too much shit. So what you're saying is that people who have been revered for their intelligence, from everyone here at Georgetown and every other great college out there, everyone all the way up to Aristotle, Einstein, and everyone else who is still in school or never even set foot in a school yet is still positively brilliant, really isn't intelligent? I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you can't possibly mean that. Rather, I will trust you mean "smart" in the sense of 'sassy, snippy or sarcastic' in the manner that someone replies to posts, especially since this would explain the "talk too much shit" thing? I hope that is the case because otherwise you may have incriminated yourself as being... a number or things :worry:

stupid.gif

Originally posted by lostintranz

quote:

alright let me try and get this clear for all of you "smart" pple as you call yourselves. ok you try to make smart pple sound like some perfect beings but if you really wanna know its the nut jobs out there that are smarter than you. take the pple with ADHD(attention defficet hyperactivity disorder)these are your pple that will trash talk you to the ground and three quarters of them can back their shit up.just because you heard the phrase"the empty barrel rolls the loudest" doesnt always count.and also there is really no such thing as a dumb person because there are always things that the "dumb"pple know that u dont. so hows that for a psychoanylization Dr. Freud??

I know a lot of people who are brilliant, I would stand far from considering myself stupid, and yet none of us think we are perfect. Those people who do consider themselves perfect may or may not be intelligent but in any case are foolish. Such people may be written off as conceited and no one will blame you for it. But to go out and say all smart people are stupid or conceited or windbags or whatever you want to call them makes you no less foolish than those you accuse. Glass houses, sweets... ;)

when i made the post, i put smart in " " as a sarcastic reference, as an attempt to bring humor to the board...i had no idea i would spark such a debate...but im glad to think that i caused people to think for a minute and come up with some interesting ideas...

BG