Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NY/NJ surfers

I agree...this winter was been lame for surf. However, we have had one of the best fall seasons to my recent memory.....I was lucky enough to enjoy a week of quality surf out in Montauk at a few secret spots. I'll be back in the water in April....I can't do the yr round thing like I did in High School.....but I'm really itchin to catch some waves already!!!;)

montauk- almost a spiritual vibe out in the water. the locals absolutely tear it up. if you dont have the nuts to make a drop down a wave, let one of the local boys have it...

cesarleo-i've been spending time out there during hurricane season, friend has a summer house on the cliffs. i hear you about the cold. i am 23 and still go out all year, but that 6/4/3 is a bitch

Hell yeah it is......i spent a week this fall with my girl out there and frequent during the spring-fall seasons when the swell is right. Ever hit Atlantic Terrace....place goes OFF!!! That rock bottom hits better than ditch.....a lot punchier too. I'm 25 and have goin out there since 13. Ever go to the Ranch or Turtle's.....dangerous but fun spot! If you never have let me know and I can give you the 411 on how to get there.:D

Originally posted by cesarleo

Well I know a few in Long Beach but even better ones in Montauk....have you ever been out to Montauk?;)

couple times.. however im not going to drive from NYC, to montauk everymorning to catch waves... i meant is there anyplace close by...

Originally posted by neptune1

Is it me or is this the worst winter in recent memory for surf? Its been just about completely flat for well over a month. We havent had 1 noreaster yet... burn a board and say a prayer

:(

I'm surprised there are surfers on this board.......

Well, being from RI, and 5 minutes away from the beach until I moved to dreary ol NYC, I used to surf some.

I heard Jersey shore isn't that great for surfing anyway.

Long Beach has a lot of good spots during the winter months b/c it's protected from different winds. As for Hemlocks.....well I haven't been there since a little grom in high school. I hear it gets good but you either gotta take the boat or four wheel it. One spot I can tell you that is almost always pretty empty that hists right at a lower tide is EAST TOBAY! You just bang a right upon entering the parking lot all the way to the last entrance...walk through and about a hundred yards to your left. It's so empty that I kinda want people to go there.....and it gets pretty good!!! I surfed there a lot when I knew other spots would be crowded over the summer and you just get it to yourself. Hit some big swells there.....kinda scary though when there's like only one other guy out down the beach a bit.

i hear that... i get freaked out when its like just me and someone else, its either be crowded or noone at all... IMO... especially those weirdos/hobo's that hang around and talk to you about freak and frak, and you dont know what the hell their talkin'bout...