Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the strokes.....

patrickl

Please tell me you guys aren't going to check out the Strokes at Billboardlive. I doubt anyone cares, but holy crap, I think this might be the most overhyped, overrated band in the history of music. I have heard their album and saw then on SNL......why are so many people going crazy over these guys? Most garage bands made up of 13-year-old junior high kids sound better than these sorry NYC rich kids. In fact, their album is one of the most uninspiring, unoriginal, badly recorded albums I've heard in the past 10 years. No exaggeration.

i think the strokes are brilliant in their complete rawness. they remind me of a cross between old jesus and mary chain and ramones. with a bit of doors thrown in for flavor. i like the fact that the recordings sound like shit. it's about time somebody started to make real music again. 3 chord 3 min pop gems. stuff buddy holly would be proud of. sorry to say patrick, but i disagree w/ you 100%.

Kimberly's dead, too. She did some Playboy pics about 10-12 years ago...she's not all that good looking with her clothes off.

Mr. Drummond is still kicking, not sure what he's up to.

Did ya know Alan Thicke sang the theme song?

Originally posted by patrickl

Please tell me you guys aren't going to check out the Strokes at Billboardlive. I doubt anyone cares, but holy crap, I think this might be the most overhyped, overrated band in the history of music. I have heard their album and saw then on SNL......why are so many people going crazy over these guys? Most garage bands made up of 13-year-old junior high kids sound better than these sorry NYC rich kids. In fact, their album is one of the most uninspiring, unoriginal, badly recorded albums I've heard in the past 10 years. No exaggeration.

I found their music video to be quite funny...all sloppy and not giving a shit about looking "prettY" tho the lead singer has something cute about him.

I saw 'em on SNL and enjoyed the performances.

So when's the concert Pat? lol

Originally posted by james954

i think the strokes are brilliant in their complete rawness. they remind me of a cross between old jesus and mary chain and ramones. with a bit of doors thrown in for flavor. i like the fact that the recordings sound like shit. it's about time somebody started to make real music again. 3 chord 3 min pop gems. stuff buddy holly would be proud of. sorry to say patrick, but i disagree w/ you 100%.

I figured I'd be disagreed with, as I seem to be in the minority on this one.......I just don't understand the appeal. In fact, never have I listened to a band and had such a violently negative reaction before. So James, you must have gone to the show - how was it?