Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Does Miami Hate Trance So Much?

djdekan

Im Just curious on why it is so. Watching most of you talk, it seems like many people have a strong passion in hating trance. I guess its because Edgar, George and Padilla, spin a totally different version of trance then should be spun. I've been living here for a month and theres no place to go to see trance, weekly. Whats the big deal with Progeressive house, its repetative and at times boring. I do like it when spun correctly but no one has. Also why do soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Many dj's spin the same shit over and over. One night I was walking down the street and heard smoke machine come out of ever club. It was like it was stalking me. One of the reasons I spin is beacuse there are sooooo many tracks, and always new stuff out there alls you have to do is look and get some balls and spin it.

Well just wanted to pose that question since I love trance and it seems its going by by/

See you all at Danny Friday.

Pete

I guess it's what your into.....

personally (not that my opinion means shit!) I think that trance has been done to death........

.......and being from England I'm kinda over the progressive tip as well..

...as EVERYONE knows, we do Hard House and Drum n Bass...... Big in the UK - not so huge here. But you got to follow what you belive in - whatever it may be...

If it makes you smile, dance like a twat in a club and gives you a sense of well being - who cares what you like??

Right I'm off - time to play the B side of my new Englebert Humperdink record.. That guy rocks.

P.S I think you have a sticky oooo key!!!

Originally posted by djdekan

Im Just curious on why it is so. Watching most of you talk, it seems like many people have a strong passion in hating trance. I guess its because Edgar, George and Padilla, spin a totally different version of trance then should be spun. I've been living here for a month and theres no place to go to see trance, weekly. Whats the big deal with Progeressive house, its repetative and at times boring. I do like it when spun correctly but no one has. Also why do soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Many dj's spin the same shit over and over. One night I was walking down the street and heard smoke machine come out of ever club. It was like it was stalking me. One of the reasons I spin is beacuse there are sooooo many tracks, and always new stuff out there alls you have to do is look and get some balls and spin it.

Well just wanted to pose that question since I love trance and it seems its going by by/

See you all at Danny Friday.

Pete

First of all I think you may be a little off there. I am no DJ/music guru but I can tell you that all of the above mentioned DJs do play some trance. They of course have to please a wide variety of people which impart explains why they play some tracks over. Most of these DJs are very reachable and most of the time willing to play a requested tracks. I have been in the clubbing scene for quite a while and I can tell you that I have a preference who is a better DJ than the rest…DPadilla has proven to me over and over how he every week can surprise me with his style and his intensity.

Not only that but he always plays something new every time he is on.…The most of impressive thing about Padilla is his mixing and how he gradually increase the intensity as the night goes on. It’s almost seamless. :)

I think if you are a DJ you shouldn’t trash other DJ’s because they all have their strength and weakness. If you don’t like it get a gig of your own and play what you want to hear. When you get a gig let me know... I will be the first there.

:bounce:

We should be fair and have courtesy to all. :)

Peace

I used to listen to trance all the time I just got bored of different variations of the same proggressions of sounds. I think trance may have reached it's limits.

Proggy house has reached it's limits too imo. Trance has lots of high pitched sounds and long pauses with huge buildups while proggy house is the exact opposite. It has a monotone sound with lots of monotonous looped beats.

I personally like house better because the kick in most house music is much deeper then in trance. I'm actually into deep, funky, soulful house now more then anything else.

. I guess its because Edgar, George and Padilla, spin a totally different version of trance then should be spun.

Those are pretty strong words everyone of those DJ's has their own style... What type of trance do you think "should be spun"?

Granted most of the people on the board PREFER house... But I dont think Trance is going anywhere soon...

I think to answer your question: Miami just got over saturated with Trance to the point where everyone just jumped ship, and got into Progessive.

However, Prog is a dying sound. Honestly, I still enjoy it, but it all sounds the same anymore. There were honestly only a handful of standout tracks in 2001, the rest were garbage. The sound is just getting really boring.

As with anything the pendulum swings and maybe trance is going to make a huge comeback, who knows? Right now I'm really getting into the twisted, tribal house that's being pumped out of the UK? (Tom Stephan rules!)

Hopefully by the time Conference comes around there will be some top-shelf Trance dj's in Miami. I don't care what anyone says I still like PvD and Picotto.

Tiesto PVD Judge are Tops on my list....

Tiesto CD I like alot because his CD are mostly like how he spins live ...IE. Magik CD's

PVD....His last CD I like alot. on his first CD of 2 it has some house and really light ( Warm up ) ...2nd CD Pure TRANZ

Judge....Dont have any of his CD ...but I like what he sounds like when live

I think because trance was, such a dominant style of music; for so long down here. that people have become somewhat bored with it. personally, I prefer house, but that doesn't mean. that I can't enjoy trance.. actually, I particularly enjoy artist that combine the elements of trance and house. i.e. Dave Seaman, Sander Kleinenberg, etc. it seems that people have a tendency to take the term "cheesy", and run it parallel with trance. which I don't believe is fair.. "cheese" comes in many varieties.. my philosophy is go enjoy the music; that you like. while "respecting" the fact, that some peoples taste, in music may differ from yours.

ultimately, it should be the music, which remains paramount. not the style.. :)

We've discussed this before and the bottom line is that a good track is a good track regardless of what genre it is. I tend to like tracks that involve as much music in it as possible.....they become more like actual songs.......and even then....there are songs you like and songs you dislike.....