Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who skiis here????

Originally posted by tonito

I ski a lot (regular skiing) but usually in France, great skiing in the Alps...

I don't know about here. Is there good skiing near NY? Where, how far?

I sn0wb0ard. So far I have gone 6 times this yr. Much more fun than skiing since I've tried them both. I wanna try kite surfing this summer. ppl say its more like snowboarding than windsurfing.

The closest place to ride around here is mountain creek in North Jersey.Only an hour of driving. its really a small hill when u compare it to French Alps but its fun riding on ICE East coast style busting ur ass . They also have a decent park and a 1/2 pipe. Closest big mountain is Hunter . its about 2.5 hrs with car from the city but hate the crowd. Reminds me of crowd in EXIT. Go to killington or okemo in vermont for real riding.

Hey tonito I am trying to setup a trip to Chamonix. Have u been there? gimme some insider info about the place.

I've been skiing for 15 years...Usually in Vermont, Park City Utah, Steamboat, Vail....Just call me Johnny Moseley ;) I tried boarding a few times, but didnt like it too much. For people that are just tryin out....Its a lot easier to learn to board then ski....

I went to Mt. Snow a few weeks ago. Pretty good, but we need more snow!!! Pray to the snow gods!

Originally posted by princesslolita

Ellllllll..How can you go on a weekend. I always go on a weekday! Nobody is on line! I really havent even used my season pass :( :(

Ohhh skiing is for losers take a real sport, SNOWBOARD :)

yeah, weekends are terrible. Too many people.

ski only. boarders are for people who wanna look good and take the easy way out cuz its so much easier.:D

seriously, the first few days on a snowboard are hard as anything i hear .. but after you get past that hump ..its easy to get good. skiing is the opposite .. anyone can wedge .. and ski at a rudimentary level. try getting good and it'll take a while.

Like skeemr over here i've been skiing for 15+ years. Just call me the uh ..mini - johnny. :D Snowbird, UT all the way!