Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BEDROCK HOSTS BREAKS IN LONDON(Move over trance heads/this is the sound of the future

If you haven't heard hyper's comp on Digger's BEDROCK label then your missing out in what the UK and Miami has known for years..TRANCE IS ON THE WAY OUT..Breaks are gonna take over as a sound you just won't be able to deny from big floors anymore. It's no coincidense that the S&D club hosted a phenomenal night last september of Breaks. Think NY would ever have the balls to do that? NOT YET..BUT I HAVE FAITH! (Of course they'd probably try and turn it into a "NO SNEAKERS/VIP LIST" night because..well that's the NY big house mentality.) On second thoughts..perhaps I'm glad Breaks are still on the DL in NY. At least until someone opens a big house with no attitude. But I see hope..shelter's back..and ooohhh how I'd cream my pants if I could hear breaks on the phazon! well a guy can dream can't he..?

For the full BEDROCK HYPER party review check this out:

(It may be old news to Break heads but it might be educational for some of you that still don't know about this scene/sound)

Y3K launch party @ Bedrock

DJ Dust made his way down to London where Terminalhead, residents of the Star Bar breaks room at John Digweed's Bedrock night, were hosting a launch party for the second 'Y3K' album with special guests DJ Hyper and General MIDI. Here is his report.

After wandering around Nelson's Column looking at pigeons, myself and my good lady finally got to Bedrock to find that the guest list was longer than the cue to get in!! After the door man had taken 10 minutes looking for our names with everyone staring at you with "Look at dem blaggers" written over their faces, we finally got in.

We walked the steps to the Star Bar as the bass hit me square in the face. Mr. Spee from Terminalhead stood in front of me he and asked if I'd seen a ghost!! was I that scared!! Yes Nightnurse was banging out bass heavy dirty funked up nu skool. The room was already packed and the floor was full already!

Nightnurse finished with Vigi & Flip's 'Freak Frequency' (the original mix) and Uberzone vs Rennie Pilgrem: Black Widow. Mr. Spee was back and forth MCing before introducing the Terminalhead Sound System who play the tech breaks style we all love, dropping the Terminalhead remix of Hyper & Dylan's 'Trigger' before finishing with the Timo Maas mix of Azzido da Bass 'Dooms night' - are there any other mixes in existence I don't think so..!

DJ Hyper

DJ Hyper, man of the night, then steps to the decks to unleash his Y3K sound as well as a mix of breaks techy progressive that makes him a true breaks pioneer with all those secret records that no else can get hold off, Hyper has 'em and uses them to full effect. From BT: Fibonacci Sequence to the Plump DJs 'Scam' that is the tune of the night - hairs go up on the back of my neck and I get the uncontrollable urge to scream!! Even Graham Gold was seen wandering around and hovering around the DJ box giving props to Hyper.

General Midi takes the decks for a more breaks trance set with deep percussion and basslines. He raises the roof with a few choice remixes and he's got a lot to choose from as he's been a busy boy of late - Silvio Ecomo: Standing (General MIDI remix) a personal fave - before doing a back-to-back with Hyper to finish off the night.

DJ Hyper's amazing album 'Y3K: Soundtrack to the Future' is out now with tracks from Hybrid, Way out West, Timo Maas, General Midi and loads more. Visit Terminalhead's home page for more Bedrock info and lineups.

This report was written by DJ Dust (Nu Step Alliance UK)

Taken from:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~aras/BW/Scene/UK/index.htm

. . . awww . . I wish I could have gone . . . The Y3K comps were beautiful . . . simply amazing . . .

I was reading some of the names, and I have some track suggestions for you to check out . .

On an Intelligent note :

Joi - Asian Vibes (Way out West Mix)

Inner City - Good life (Way out West Mix)

SolarStone - The Calling (Still Waters Mix)

Miro - Paradise (Farmatronic Creeping Mix)

On a throw down, I'm-gonna-hit-the-ceiling-the-beat-is-so-ferocious note:

Rock up in da Disco - DJ Stew

R.T.F.B - DJ Stew

Love - M.A.D (DJ Stew GateRockin Dub)

Aaaah Yea : Friction and Spice

Nu Jack - Loveclub

. . . I gotta comb through the collection for more . . . I will have burns for everyone soon . . .

. . . Maudy, eventually there will be a revolution here . . . Breaking New Yorkers of their nasty rope habits will be a chore, but it WILL happen . . . all of the freakazoids out there need to band together, RISE UP and DOMINATE . . . They will not deny the power that is OUR force for we, the children of the break . . .

. . . The future is now and forever is here . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . Maudy, eventually there will be a revolution here . . . Breaking New Yorkers of their nasty rope habits will be a chore, but it WILL happen . . . all of the freakazoids out there need to band together, RISE UP and DOMINATE . . . They will not deny the power that is OUR force for we, the children of the break . . .

. . . The future is now and forever is here . . .

Very nicely put..

now when the PHUNK are you gonna

get your ass down into the city and support

the small breaks family.

If your not at the next TURBULANCE party

@ Idlewild I'm never talking to you again.

(crosses arms and pouts)

Thanks for the track list.

Originally posted by mugwump

(Of course they'd probably try and turn it into a "NO SNEAKERS/VIP LIST" night because..well that's the NY big house mentality.)

They pulled the same shit at Izzy Bar last night. They wouldn't let my friend in because he was wearing sneakers. How the hell do you throw a breaks party and not allow sneakers?? Are these people retarded or something?

Originally posted by roha3000

They pulled the same shit at Izzy Bar last night. They wouldn't let my friend in because he was wearing sneakers. How the hell do you throw a breaks party and not allow sneakers?? Are these people retarded or something?

I hear that!

and to answer your question:

YES! Ny nightlife has become retarded

and in love with "looks"

versus "SOUNDS".

But there is way more of that in the

House/trance scene now.

I gravitate to places that don't tell me

how I should look or dress in order to

listen to music I love.

People forget this music

was founded on DANCING..

(ie; sweating..moving, getting dirty and smelly

and loosingyourself to the DJ)

It's like going to a roller skating ring

and having them tell you that you can't wear skates.

Stupid ass shit for people that

don't have a clue about music.

WELCOME TO NY BABY.

(All about the bling bling..)

Originally posted by breaksny

U know with Friday monthly residents like the Stantons & the Plumps, Fabric ain't bad either. Then there's Collision, Hum, etc.

speaking about fabric, did u see on of their line up for Feb 22nd.?

Distinctive Records

Present Y4K:

Hybrid (Live)

Freq Nasty

Koma & Bones

Tayo

lucky brits. . .

Originally posted by shadowchaser

speaking about fabric, did u see on of their line up for Feb 22nd.?

Distinctive Records

Present Y4K:

Hybrid (Live)

Freq Nasty

Koma & Bones

Tayo

lucky brits. . .

HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!! HYBRID!!!

I gravitate to places that don't tell me

how I should look or dress in order to

listen to music I love.

People forget this music

was founded on DANCING..

(ie; sweating..moving, getting dirty and smelly

and loosingyourself to the DJ)

Amen.

Aight! So why can the Uk fill a space that's an airplane hanger and shit for a

breaks night and NY gets a sunday day time party closed down because there are too many people chillin? Meantime the "high society" gets to listen to the same shit every week in big houses.