Clubplanet Nightlife Community

power 96 broadcast @ space was.....

x-t-c

...your typical power 96 bullshit. we joked around on the board saying "wouldnt it be funny if dj laz was there?". yep, you guessed it, he was there in the flesh, his annoying voice gracing us every 3 minutes. it was laz in the basement, and eddie mix in the blue room. now surprisingly, eddie was actually playing a decent progressive house set, until laz would ruin it by talking over the music or switching to hip hop.

well luis p., so much for taking our suggestions....:idea:

The reality is that Space owner & promoters push their product very well but taking it mainstream is still a work in progress. Space is light years away from bringing real good music (trance/progressive house/dance) to the masses. I live for the days were they actually bring us people like Mauro Picotto, Scot Project, DJ Dana live from their club. What did you really expect to hear on the 1st live broadcast? From 10 - 12 pm? Huh? When and if we even semi-compare to what is going on in the UK or Germany than Miami will be the shining star of broadcasting dance music in the U.S.

bugaloo...i may be wrong...but i don't think busty meant that space doesnt play good music...the way i took it was that as far as space and power 96 goes...that he thinks it would be better if they played real dj's sets instead of dj. laz and company.......just my take on that......

First of all, when I heard those to names together, it took me 5 minutes just for it to sink in. I still dont believe it. Next thing you'll here Eddie mix spin will be his favorite blend of mixing a house or trance track with some 2live crew in the background. A more fucked up scenario is the fact that some people out there think it sounds good. What a waste of a night.

Space when shall it bring good music ??? Hmmm according to who??

Lets see PVD TIEST Judge,,,,DeepDish Danny T...Paul

Dam Space brings Crap for music...LOL.

Name another Club in S.MIA that brings more???UPPPS u cant!

It would have to take 2 clubs and put them together to come close to the DJ's Space has played in there walls...As for the Power 96. thing...Hmmmm Lets see how many Clubs does Mr.Space own???? How many Do u own??? Seems he is doing pertty well.

As long as power 96. lets the DJ's Do there thing ...I think all shall be fine in the dance world

"AS LONG AS POWER 96 LETS THERE DJ'S DO THERE THING, I THINK WELL ALL BE FINE"

NO. I THINK YOU'LL BE FINE, YOU CANT SPEAK FOR THE OTHER 99% ON THIS BOARD.

No one in clubland respects Power 96. They have had many years to proove to us they are what made this scene when in reality it has been the people (all of us ) whos has made them change some of there programming. Started with the Mix Afterhours. Teens from all over S.Fla packed that place. The word spread quickly throughout county high schools about this awesome music (trance) and next thing you know calls to power 96 was non stop with teens trying to request certain songs. I never mention names of on air dj's there but one of them told my main promoter that we would never play that "crazy shit with no words" on our station. Couple months later Grooveradio 107.1FM was born giving people of all ages a chance to expirience this awesome music on a nightly basis. Then all of a sudden Power started playing 6 month old trance claiming to the masses of people out there they were the first to play it. This pissed a lot of people of. When power realized the amount of calls they were getting for this type of music, they put Alvarado spinning it from 2 to 4 am on Sat. At that time Grooveradio had already been on the air 3 months and doing very well. They did not like the fact there was someone else out there playing what they claimed was the music they started. So, they called FCC on Groove and we were shut down 3 months after that.

I give mad props to Luis and club space. Anything to push our music foward has my approval and support always, but to hire the same people who for over 12 years did not do shit for our music or scene. Who laughed at the thought of trance being played at power. Who till this day, have yet to hire or allow our top local dj's on their airwaves tells me Luis only made this move not because of the people who are regulars and support Space no matter what. Not because of the fact NOBODY respects Power 96 when it comes down to our scene but because of MONEY.

How many dj's on Power do you see play @ Ultra?

Till now how many had a residency @ a top House club?

This was a desperate move from Luis to try to get more people on an already hurting Friday. At the same time your loosing the respect of a lot of people who put Space on the map in the first place.

Please dont reply with the same bullshit that well eveybody that talks shit about Space comes to space anyways when they bring a top dj to spin. NO SHIT. Bring Okie or Cox to BBL or Crobar and see how many heads will go out to Space that night.

Do I care really what the people think about 96?

LoL

Next Question.

U get so excited on typing dont u?

As long as space brings the talent you all or most of u will still go back.

P.S.

Ill just go where the Talent is Space Crobar, etc....its not like I owe my life to space or something

I went to space on Friday....Ill not go back on space on friday ...the 18 year older thing is not my thing

Originally posted by djconcept

This was a desperate move from Luis to try to get more people on an already hurting Friday. At the same time your loosing the respect of a lot of people who put Space on the map in the first place.

do you have a better suggestion; on what Louis should do? Friday nites are slow at most clubs; in south Florida right now. We have an economy, which is still in trouble. hence people cannot afford to go out Friday, and Saturday nites. Space has bills to pay; as do you and I. So we do ,what we have to do to survive.

Originally posted by sobeton

do you have a better suggestion; on what Louis should do? Friday nites are slow at most clubs; in south Florida right now. We have an economy, which is still in trouble. hence people cannot afford to go out Friday, and Saturday nites. Space has bills to pay; as do you and I. So we do ,what we have to do to survive.

I agree with sobe.....I was a little harsh about how I felt about this p96 marriage. "In the end this is a business". If this is what needs to be done then so be it.

Selling out or just good business? Let the guy make his money. I can honestly say that if I owned a club and could increase it's exposure and up my profits, I certainly wouldn't pass it up. I mean please, gatecrasher & ministry of sound are the same way overseas.........w/ total bullshit radio broadcasts!

*Shhh, don't tell anyone but I was listening to 96.5 on my drive over to Danny Howells! Will I be excommunicated from CP now??? :D

I have to agree with joeygk. Let's be real people if you were lucky enough to own a club, had millions of dollars invested in it.

A bunch of employee's and a Friday night that was not so hot. You too would try something new to try and bring in more people.

It is about the music but its also business and that's all about the money.

ps. I can't stand DJ Laz he is a repulsive low life ugly bastard.

:laugh:

Originally posted by esance

I have to agree with joeygk. Let's be real people if you were lucky enough to own a club, had millions of dollars invested in it.

A bunch of employee's and a Friday night that was not so hot. You too would try something new to try and bring in more people.

It is about the music but its also business and that's all about the money.

ps. I can't stand DJ Laz he is a repulsive low life ugly bastard.

:laugh:

Esance please remind me never to get on your bad side :eek: But I must agree about DJ Laz he just seems to be too low-life... maybe its the Hip-hop effect but... you know what... I rather stop here than to say something not very nice.

Bottom-line I LOVE SPACE AND I AM VERY PROUD OF BEING FAITHFUL PATRIOT SINCE THE VERY BEGINING. I was one of the first clubbers to party at Space when its doors open nearly two years ago.

:confused: Hey does anyone know when Space is going to have their 2yr anniversary party????? :cool: