Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the diff between prog house n trance???

Originally posted by undergr0und

i think progressive house is a lot slower than trance, sure it gets up to speed but its generaly slow working its way to the top. while trance is fast to begin with.

boris for example has progressive house, vicious on the other hand is hard trance

boris' style has no progression about it whatsoever, and vicious, though he's talented as a dj, is hard house/cheez trance.

hmmm...kay...dj wanna be

first of all boris plays progressive house, don't even argue with me on that one

second there is no cheese in vicious trance.

and third, your mixing sucks, i don't know why u put it up for everyoe to hear! you are an embaresemet for antire DJ wanna be community!

Hey I dont mean to but in or sound rude but

1. Boris is not a progressive house DJ. There are so many other better examples of "Progressive House" DJ's, especially right here in NYC.

- Danny Tenaglia is by far the best definition of progressive house in our area.

2. Johnny Vicious is a talented DJ who's mixing is extremely tight, but yes, he does in fact play alot of "hard trance, hard house" and does include of cheesey stuff in his sets. That's not to say its "wack" or "bad", he plays a style of music, if you guys like it, you like it. But the long and short of it is, he does play alot of cheesey stuff, which is cool as long as satisfies his crowd! All power to him!

- in this thread, Tiesto was mentioned, thats a perfect example of a Trance DJ, as well as George Acosta! :)

Sorry to but in, but I couldn't resist.

Peace

Justin Higgins

there are a few reasons i asked

bt, on the dj list site, refers to him as trance..even sez that his sound was the pioneer for trance...not in those exact words but you get the meaning

everyone has labeled pvd as trance and i don't think its too different from howell's other than howell's bein on the deeper side..pvd is more uplifting

i listen to howell's mixes and seen him at vynil 4 times..very similar sound to bt's mix on renaissance..maybe not as fast but the speed of a track can't be the only difference