Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuck Johnny Vicious...let Anthony Nero Spin @ Roxy!!

Originally posted by bebby6919

I have to re state what i said... I think it would be phat if they have a spin off.. but this whole post is really making NERO look bad... Even tho he hasnt responded to it... JV can get mad at him for this post...

Highmay- I love Nero to death and this he is fucking awesome at what he does... but you shouldnt have made this thread...

wrong answer...

First off, don't ever question whether I should exercise my freedom of speech again. That is an order. Now, to further shit on you: The purpose of this thread was expose the obvious: that Johnny has simply not been Johnny of late. He's been down right bad.

Now, we all know Anthony Nero is talented, and for the short set he spun @ Roxy opening for Johnny, the party actually had a positive vibe, with seemingly everyone loving the music at the moment.

Now, imagine extending that for 4 or 5 more hours on a weekly basis. Optimistically, Nero would actually give the party the musical license it so unexpectically lost with Johnny's mediocrity. Furthermore, it would give Nero the full respect he deserves.

Oh, and one more thing: I don't know Johnny or Anthony Nero personally. Sorry, but I have my own life to worry about and it would be downright idiotic for me to play off on a messageboard that I'm either of their friends. I'm merely a fan of good music stating my honest opinions.

Johnny is a very talented and accomplished DJ and producer who has the respect of the top DJs in the world. He was probably the one who even asked Nero to open for him. Now, tell me: WHAT ANIMOSITY WOULD JOHNNY HAVE TOWARDS NERO? Your comments made no sense. I have every right in the world to make this thread.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!! THE WEDGE HAS SPOKEN!! :D :D

Originally posted by thewedge

Vicious plays cheese, when people grow up they will realize that. It's like comparing the Monkeys to Hendrix. The Monkeys did what they did but they were cheese and were for little kids. Hendrix was the real deal. If you can't relate to that then I don't know what to tell you.

Folks, if you don't know, when The Wedge posts outside of his own board, it means something. (I'm not being sarcastic.)

But Wedge, I respectfully have to disagree with you. It's almost like comparing apples and oranges. The Monkees playing cheese and Johnny Vicious playing cheese are two totally seperate things. What you have to first agree upon is that Johnny Vicious has mastered spinning the musical genre of hard trance. The situation we are looking at now are his recent performances at Roxy, which, overall, have been sub-par.

Now I can't disagree with him playing cheese, because he has been spinning cheese of late, but when he is in the zone, fully loaded with a deadly arsenal of sick music, the man simply cannot be touched. So I can't totally agree with that statment.

BTW, Wedge, have fun this Friday at Roxy. I'll be in DC this weekend, so I guess the streak is over!

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

The problem is that there havent been too many good songs coming out that have the Vicious sound. Most of the hard, prog. trance that came out lately has been pure cheese. Thats why I think Vicious needs to start playing some more tech-trance/house. And I know he can rip it up.........:D

gotta disagree with you...a good craftsman never blames his tools...that said: you can't blame johnny being bad over the lack of good new music available...

there is ALWAYS good new music available.....there is soooo much music released every single week from the hard trance genre...now extend that thought throughout the past month....youre telling me you cant find at least ONE good hit in those stacks of vinyl??

Originally posted by tranza

Bring back David fuckin Waxman.. He is my new master..

He should get a whole night to himself atleast once a month..

:laugh: :laugh: I so hope yoru kidding.. waxman played intro music all night. IMO he sucked

Originally posted by highmay

wrong answer...

First off, don't ever question whether I should exercise my freedom of speech again. That is an order. Now, to further shit on you: The purpose of this thread was expose the obvious: that Johnny has simply not been Johnny of late. He's been down right bad.

Now, we all know Anthony Nero is talented, and for the short set he spun @ Roxy opening for Johnny, the party actually had a positive vibe, with seemingly everyone loving the music at the moment.

Now, imagine extending that for 4 or 5 more hours on a weekly basis. Optimistically, Nero would actually give the party the musical license it so unexpectically lost with Johnny's mediocrity. Furthermore, it would give Nero the full respect he deserves.

Oh, and one more thing: I don't know Johnny or Anthony Nero personally. Sorry, but I have my own life to worry about and it would be downright idiotic for me to play off on a messageboard that I'm either of their friends. I'm merely a fan of good music stating my honest opinions.

Johnny is a very talented and accomplished DJ and producer who has the respect of the top DJs in the world. He was probably the one who even asked Nero to open for him. Now, tell me: WHAT ANIMOSITY WOULD JOHNNY HAVE TOWARDS NERO? Your comments made no sense. I have every right in the world to make this thread.

Ok I totally agree with you about NERO. I think that would be awesome. But I am just saying this post makes him look bad. Dont get all hissy about it.. lol.. You said your opinion I said mine. get over it!

Originally posted by highmay

gotta disagree with you...a good craftsman never blames his tools...that said: you can't blame johnny being bad over the lack of good new music available...

there is ALWAYS good new music available.....there is soooo much music released every single week from the hard trance genre...now extend that thought throughout the past month....youre telling me you cant find at least ONE good hit in those stacks of vinyl??

In a period of a month I can easily find a shitload of good hard trance singles. But it lacks on a weekly basis. Thats why Johnny was so good at Factory. He didnt play every week. He played once every few months. And over that time he was able to buildup a solid playlist. Every track he dropped then just blew you away. Its alot harder to do that every week. But dont get me wrong. I'm not saying JV cant do it. He's very capable of amazing you week in and week out. But it just seems to me that the hard trance genre has been lacking for the last several months. There havent been that many great songs coming out on a weekly basis. All I said was that Vicious should throw in some more tech into his set. I dont want him to stop playing the sound he's known for. That's what I wanna hear when I go to see him. Whether you agree or disagree with me, thats just my opinion.....

i appreciate the support, but the negitivity is not needed. as stated before johnny is a world renown artist. give credit where credit is due, please show support in postive ways. he is not a dime a dozen dj like all the upcomming mp3 djs, he is a real person, real dj , this party is for every1 we try to please every1 thats what makes it beautiful and unquie. if u dont feel what this party is about and what the music is about, thanks but this party will survive. johhny is the type of dj i strive to be, all his tracks, remixes ect... he already is a legend. what makes peeps great is right to an opion, dont be great be beautiful and positive thanks a nero :idea:

Originally posted by PFloyd40

i actually heard he really wasn't any good either..

i mean, rapture twice in an opening set.. thats pretty weak..

I dunno I only heard it once .. He was a little bit cheesier at Roxy compared to his set at SF, but he still worked me harder then Vicious..

That's because.. Ummmm.. He OPENED! :rolleyes:

Someone give this girl a gold star! :laugh2:

bwahahahahahahahaahaha :laugh:

yea he's usually on point.. i only had the second hand info to go on since i wasn't there and that was the only complaint it abotu it anyway.. if i go this week i'm hoping macaluso lays it down nice and tribally.. it goes down real well in that room..

:blown:

Its a shame the kid doesn't get the respect he deserves in New York because of his age...... Hes up there....

:idea: why not let him and johnny go at it

roxy was sick the night he opened

words got it that hes spinning the night before he goes off to start his tour

Nero is a good dj, but think about this one, Johnny Vicious has had TONS of tracks pressed, how many did NERO, Give credit where it's due, there are so many critics out there who probably dont even know how to turn the power on for the decks. . .HIGHMAY, Nero is a great UP and coming DJ, Don't ruin it for him by writing such a VICIOUS post. . .that makes him look bad especially when u write FUCK JV. . .Lay off the haterade. . .<MiKeMc)~ ~ ~

See Ya'LL at RoXY for Mr Mikey Macaluso + JooooooooooooHnnY V~!:eek:

That's because.. Ummmm.. He OPENED! :rolleyes:

Someone give this girl a gold star! :laugh2:

Ok smart ass.. i know he opened but he did play till like 3:30am.. jesus.. Maybe he is really good. Only heard him that night. I wasnt feelin him at all.. sorry.. thats why i said IMO!!!!!!!! hello?!?! You have yoru opinion about Nero, just like i have mine about WAXMAN :tongue:

hmmm where to begin...

Rob you crack me up :laugh: :laugh:

Vicious your ill just change up the tracks a bit.

Highmay you also crack me up :laugh:

Nero don't go away pick up a residency somewhere in NYC again. Shit take over Exit if they finally get rid of that clown that is there now. nah i'm just playin good luck bro.

as for there not being any good music these days, thats bullshit and you all know it. and if that really is the case there are some classics that were dropped at factory i would love to hear (Dj spoke - are you ready for me... i love that song)

Did i mention Vicious was ill?? well he is and he will surprise us i am sure...