Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why is it I/We always want to be w/...

Originally posted by tastyt

See, that's the major problem I have w/the theory... Just because you change (usually) doesn't mean the other person will want you any more... I'd say usually if anything needs to change it would be the other person... and if they don't want you obviously that isn't going to happen!

exactly...but why must the other person change...why should anyone 'really' have to change?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . . a change in lifestyle is part of it, at least in my case . . . Compromise is a better way to describe it indeed, however compromise denotes that you're willing to change the course that you had originally planned in order to reach a specific goal . . .

. . . Why must you change to attain happiness and goals? . . . Well, all I can say is I've never met a person that has attained their happines while at the same time remaining static . . . just doesn't happen . . . Even if you don't realize it, when you're working towards what you want, you're changing yourself in the process . . .

I suppose, so change is inevitable is what your saying. I agree with that.

Tasty I got it know..

Originally posted by fierydesire

exactly...but why must the other person change...why should anyone 'really' have to change?

I'm not saying the person "should" necessarily change... just that is the only way things would work out... so maybe things aren't really meant to work out.

Does that make sense? :confused:

I'm not saying the person "should" necessarily change... just that is the only way things would work out... so maybe things aren't really meant to work out.

I think that the issue here is that everyone changes everyone else around them...

So in the end, when you're with someone, that person is bound to change you in some way or another.

Also, I notice that something that's been address is the fact that people look for a perfect match. (strongest example, people who has a checklist for the "features" they want in a partner.

Let me say now that that doesn't exist, IMO.

Existence is utterly dynamic in its progression. So in that way, everyone changes every moment of their lives.

Look for one that makes you happy. Not someone who you think should make you happy.

. . . That is exactly what I meant in my first post . . . you hit it right on the head . . .

Originally posted by magilicuti

if its not a challenge to get then you think something is wrong. atleast that is how i look at it. that is why some ppl play hard to get i guess

From that perspective... you could say another reason people want what they can't have is because of low self-esteem. Because if you don't feel good about yourself, you assume that there must be wrong with someone who actually thinks you're worthwhile.

From that perspective... you could say another reason people want what they can't have is because of low self-esteem. Because if you don't feel good about yourself, you assume that there must be wrong with someone who actually thinks you're worthwhile.

. . . I can't tell you how many times I've felt that . . .

hmmm, i never thought of it like that. good point

Originally posted by xpander

Look for one that makes you happy. Not someone who you think should make you happy.

:givesstandingovation:

couldn't have said it better myself. when my friends ask why do you like "so and so".. bc he makes me Smile! :D and that truly is a gift right there

Originally posted by snoozi8

I've always wondered why I tend to go for the guys who don't treat me as well or who I feel like I'm "chasing" yuck no more too many good catches out there ;)

I agree.. it sux.. not worth my time anymore.. Im too young for that stuf :(

LOVE = :blown:

:D :D

Originally posted by xpander

i'll do you one better; i've mentioned this before but i'll say it again:

• look to *NO* one to make you happy. even if you THINK he/she makes you happy, he/she offers you no permanence.

• whatever happiness you may feel is only a transient state of being; it is afleeting, and it is most definitely inevitable.

• find your own happiness. that is, look not to others but within yourself.

i have spoken. let that be the law of the land.

Guest tilly
Originally posted by loch

• look to *NO* one to make you happy. even if you THINK he/she makes you happy, he/she offers you no permanence.

• whatever happiness you may feel is only a transient state of being; it is afleeting, and it is most definitely inevitable.

amen brotha!!!

In terms of relationships.... I am very happy with where I am, and intend to be with my boyfriend for the rest of my life. He is my other half. I'm not trying to make people sick with my mushyness... but there is someone out there for everyone, and maybe there is a reason that the one you desire is out of reach. If you are supposed to be with this other person I am sure it will work itself out. Just my blind optimisim I guess.

or maybe just avoid happiness altogther as well and just be... considering happiness is only a relative state defined by that which does not make us happy, ie the bad...

*love and marriage, love and marriage, go together like a horse and carriage this i tell you brother, ya can't have one w/o the OTHER*

;)

Originally posted by jennEfer

In terms of relationships.... I am very happy with where I am, and intend to be with my boyfriend for the rest of my life. He is my other half. I'm not trying to make people sick with my mushyness... but there is someone out there for everyone, and maybe there is a reason that the one you desire is out of reach. If you are supposed to be with this other person I am sure it will work itself out. Just my blind optimisim I guess.

Yeah yeah...rub it in our faces...

eviltongue.gifeviltongue.gifeviltongue.gifeviltongue.gifeviltongue.gifeviltongue.gif

Happy within one's self doesn't not guarantee permanence...

Happiness is inevitable, as are other states of being...

As happiness brought by others may fade with time, as can the happiness brought on by self actualization...