Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubplanet Ftp Site

There hasnt been talk of this in a while and i'm sure with all of the new members on the boards latly, there is more music to spread around.

who is in charge of this FTP site anyway??

we could all put a lot of nice tunes and mixes up there for eachother, everyoneout there needs some new music i bet!!

that's a great idea, but there are alot of issues associated...

1) you can't have people uploading copyrighted tracks, ever heard of Napster, ever heard of intellectual property.

2) files, especially media files (i.e. audio and video files) take up space, take up hard disk space. Sure, 100GB drives are selling pretty cheap these days roughly $300, but who will pay. Plus, with the way CP members are with music do you think 100MB is even enough storage ?

3) you also need an ftp server(s)

4) in addition, uploading and downloading media files consumes way more bandwidth. I doubt CP is going to hook up a dedicated T1/T3 or 10/100MB connection to the hypothetical ftp server.

It's still a great idea. But would need much thought. CP People/Artists/Producers should just stick to free audio file upload sites like mp3.com

I would assume Dave is in charge of any and all servers.

no, there already is a FTP site that some members put up about a year ago. it was put on on someones extra bandwidth at work, and there are plenty of tracks and full mixes up. I am saying that most people dont even know about it, and I want to get the word out, and would also like to know the upload. i know standard FTP etiquite and would never give the address out, but i am looking for the siteop, whoever that is, so they can bring it back to life

Originally posted by momadance

no, there already is a FTP site that some members put up about a year ago. it was put on on someones extra bandwidth at work, and there are plenty of tracks and full mixes up. I am saying that most people dont even know about it, and I want to get the word out, and would also like to know the upload. i know standard FTP etiquite and would never give the address out, but i am looking for the siteop, whoever that is, so they can bring it back to life

hrm, hook us up with the infoz..

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i would love to share files

i need to figure out why my upload speed is capped first

www.dslreports.com

go DSL tools and run some speed tests you usually get accurate results and if you really want to mess around and see what the deal is with your line speeds go to www.analogx.com and download a freeware program called netstatslive ... Hope that helps

Originally posted by lavendermenace

AHEM. nono.gif

the hell with you...

I WANNA SEE SOME PICTURES!!!!!

POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!POST!!