Clubplanet Nightlife Community

on the subject of sasha&digweed @ the arena

joshua2k

so i guess theyre gonna be at the miami arena? during the wmc with jimmy van m and the tix are $45. so for those who have more info on this please spill it... i live in orlando so - is this an ideal place to see them (other than on the beach or in a club obviously) ? is it an arena w/ seats and shit or what ? i luv all three of these guys and saw them in nov @ the hard rock - so is this a cant miss or will the venue make it shitty? does anyone know the date this is supposed to be on ? am i full of shit and just getting a lot of bad information ??

Originally posted by joshua2k

so i guess theyre gonna be at the miami arena? during the wmc with jimmy van m and the tix are $45. so for those who have more info on this please spill it... i live in orlando so - is this an ideal place to see them (other than on the beach or in a club obviously) ? is it an arena w/ seats and shit or what ? i luv all three of these guys and saw them in nov @ the hard rock - so is this a cant miss or will the venue make it shitty? does anyone know the date this is supposed to be on ? am i full of shit and just getting a lot of bad information ??

at the fucking Miami arena? WTF? What sort of sound will you get there? Its gonna be a like a fuckin' concert? I think I'll go somewhere else. :mad: :mad: :mad:

it’s a fawking terrible choice of venue. there is no room to dance at the arena; which means you will be standing around.. The sound system is about two generations behind. wtf I like S&D , and Jimmy Van M. but I will pass on this. I would rather have them play multiple nites at Space, play ultra; etc. I will save my money and pay the extra $$ to see them in a real venue. I don’t care what state they play in. . this really sucks.. what the fawk are the promoter’s thinking; besides the obvious $$$$.

Having heard Sasha at the Giant NYE party with the Phazon sound, i'd say if Phazon is doing the sound for this party, no worries. It was the possibly the best sound i'd ever heard in the US...and this was in an open-ended tent! remember that the lower level seats will retract back giving a large dance floor. and this i imagine is the end date of their new tour (dates TBA). i rememebr Sasha saying in November that their tour was going to have the best sound and visuals of any DJ tour ever in the US. we might as well hear the details before we slam the party!

Originally posted by cool1g

Having heard Sasha at the Giant NYE party with the Phazon sound, i'd say if Phazon is doing the sound for this party, no worries. It was the possibly the best sound i'd ever heard in the US...and this was in an open-ended tent! remember that the lower level seats will retract back giving a large dance floor. and this i imagine is the end date of their new tour (dates TBA). i rememebr Sasha saying in November that their tour was going to have the best sound and visuals of any DJ tour ever in the US. we might as well hear the details before we slam the party!

Giant Village was designed, for events of this nature. the miami arena was not. it's my hope that the choice of the venue is purely rumor. . :)

The arena may not be so bad. The installed sound system will not be used. They have a way of making it a big open space, so seats aren't an issue, too.

Don't know if the (overly) praised Phazon Co. will be providing sound reinforcement, but I can bank on a few local companies that may provide the goods...

Sobeton, i don't know if you were there or not at the Giant NYE. If not, FYI the Giant NYE party was held, for lack of a better description, in a tent on a parking lot. and they had about 2-3 days to set up the sound system which is maybe slightly longer than what they can do for the supposed WMC party at AAA. i do agree that they had several months to design the sound for such a set up which can only help and maybe that's what you were getting at....

Originally posted by cool1g

Sobeton, i don't know if you were there or not at the Giant NYE. If not, FYI the Giant NYE party was held, for lack of a better description, in a tent on a parking lot. and they had about 2-3 days to set up the sound system which is maybe slightly longer than what they can do for the supposed WMC party at AAA. i do agree that they had several months to design the sound for such a set up which can only help and maybe that's what you were getting at....

I’m aware of that. what I’m trying to say is Giant, has done events of this nature before. thus they are aware of the logistics and particulars, of putting such an event together. The arena was not designed for events of this nature; hence my reservations, in their ability to pull this off. this event should really be in an open floor venue (large club, field, etc), with sufficient room for people to dance, etc. the arena is an enclosed facility. even if you open the floor; you still are left with inadequate room; for large groups of people to move around. The acoustics are questionable. I’m not the promoter for the S&D tour, so I can only imagine what there plans are. so I remain reasonably optimistic. :)

They're spinning in my backyard. I'm gonna fry up my patented pod-burgers, joey's bringing the beer, and my drunk friend ("He is not fit to drive!" - Danny H) will bring the sound reinforcement.

Seriously though I've heard that just Sasha is gonna do a set at Opium Garden...

Originally posted by pod

They're spinning in my backyard. I'm gonna fry up my patented pod-burgers, joey's bringing the beer, and my drunk friend ("He is not fit to drive!" - Danny H) will bring the sound reinforcement.

FAWK THE BEER........I'M BRINGING POWER HORSE!

Danny H sure had a lot to say about everything! He made fun of my tan.......he said "where the fuck did you get so tan!" I think he implied I looked like a freak! Still love him though.

:laugh:

Originally posted by Nolimit

s & d are not doing something at OG.

not S&D, just Sasha with out Digweed, at least thats what I've seen in the albeit "tentative" line up thats been all over the web. If Sasha is at OG by himself I'd rather go see him there than S&D at AAA.

Originally posted by vicman

not S&D, just Sasha with out Digweed, at least thats what I've seen in the albeit "tentative" line up thats been all over the web. If Sasha is at OG by himself I'd rather go see him there than S&D at AAA.

Vic you just saw Sasha on Dec 27th. Remember..........we were at Buzz.............jumping up and down at 6am when Sasha dropped Star Guitar for his 2nd encore..............does that ring any bells? There will be way too much other stuff going on, not to mention even if Sash was spinnin at OG the line to get in would be crazy. Not worth the effort in my opinion.

okay mia residents ... is that a No to my question then ? :spin2: :spin2: :spin2: :spin2:

is there a possibilty of the event going down tastefully and funlike ? should i just not even consider it then ? i really just want to see digweed while he's in fla so does anyone know where he might be spinning independently ? he did a pre-conference party up here in orlando last year, so maybe i'll get lucky again this year.