Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How far will you go ......Obsessions

Well for me my passions or "hobbies" are shopping for clothes, art..and for the djs im sure you go vinyl shopping for a passion..how far and how much will you go to get something..i just spent 385 on an asian piece of art that i had to have, i splurge hundreds of dollars a month on clothes, i have called a store headquarters to get a particular ensemble they had an a magazine and had it shipped to me directly from there in order to have it and they have located it at a store and shipped it to me, do u do this too and for the djs how far have u gone to get what you have wanted in vinyl..or that fact anyone else have obsessions ??

:bounce:

CD

I don't know if this qualifies as an obsession but I need my alone time and I will lie to any and everyone to get it. I have told people that I'm going to meet them at a club and knew that I wasn't going to go...instead I popped some popcorn and watched 'Trading Spaces' (another obsession) and painted my toes. Sometimes it's just more fun to be alone!:D

Hmmm. Not very far, but far enough. Does that answer it? If i'm obsessed about something i'll usually control myself and try and forget about it for a week. If i'm still interested a week later then i'll pursue it, if not it means I just saved myself some money. I used to collect flyers, i filled up the corner of my room last year. My friends thought I was nuts, I only kept worthwhile flyers... not cheesy flyers for stupid events. Sometimes I would even check i dumpsters as I was walking by for flyers that I might have missed.

I live in north NJ.

a friend of a friend was having a party in Mill Basin, Brooklyn...wanted me to spin.

prior to that....Had to go to my girlfriends house at the time...for her sister's Birthday , in Staten Island.

My gear was at my place in the city where I was staying during the summer.

I leave her house...in Staten Island...pouring rain...window wipers barely working...12am...to go to the city, specifically the village to pick up my stuff.

THEN....I haul back, to Mill Basin. Get to the party at around 2am.

It's not dead yet...but getting there. Only good thing was that people were glad that I came.

Spun for about 30 mins, stayed for 20 more...went home.

NOW THAT'S FUCKIN' PASSION.

Originally posted by mysterynyc

I live in north NJ.

a friend of a friend was having a party in Mill Basin, Brooklyn...wanted me to spin.

prior to that....Had to go to my girlfriends house at the time...for her sister's Birthday , in Staten Island.

My gear was at my place in the city where I was staying during the summer.

I leave her house...in Staten Island...pouring rain...window wipers barely working...12am...to go to the city, specifically the village to pick up my stuff.

THEN....I haul back, to Mill Basin. Get to the party at around 2am.

It's not dead yet...but getting there. Only good thing was that people were glad that I came.

Spun for about 30 mins, stayed for 20 more...went home.

NOW THAT'S FUCKIN' PASSION.

yeah that would be another one of my passions is music, i have sped and tried to make every means possible to attend a club party...doesnt matter to go that extra mile is like an adrenaline rush...im sure im not alone when it comes to this...im sure ppl are going to try to go to the WMC by any means possible..you all its worth it...:cool:

CD