Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roxy Sexy Party

Opinions about the Club - Party

Ok I am not attempting to be harsh. I don't know how sexy at the Roxy is every Friday Night. I am only judging on last nights 2/1 Party. The music of course was good on the main floor. And there were plenty of people enjoying themselves. The thing that sucked was that to get into the HipHop room you had to wait in a line. That was horrible in my eyes I never saw that before. It seemed that their care was simply to put people into the club and rake up as much as they can and once you are in there then you have to deal with more in the line to get into the dance floors. Gosh they check you at the door visually cool. Then you get checked for weapons cool. I welcome that. But once you pay you get into a line to get into the dance floor. Then if you want to dance in the HipHop room there is another line. Tell people if anyone has seen anything like this before? I am not a night club expert. And again I am not disrespecting anyone. For the music on the floor was good and the people were having fun. I am just curious about others views. Thanx...:blank:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't go to the hip hop room. But I've seen a line outside of it to get in. Which is kinda good in a way... cause it's nice I guess if you don't want it to be packed inside there. But then again it's stupid that you gotta wait on line to go into a room in a club.

first off last nite did not SUCK--I've been to clubs a lot worse..

Ink and Aaron made roxy sound like SF at the beginning of the nite--but i wasnt complaining--it was good to hear some diff stuff than I usually bang & the crowd seemed to be into it...

Johnny came on and played lovely--going back and forth bwt trancy stuff and hard stuff....jessica folker??!!:mad: that one I didnt get but maybe he had something in mind? I dunno...sometimes a really hot girl asks for a certain song? I've fallen victim to this one before but maybe thats not what happened o well....either way he played the drill (hennes & cold) which i loved....AND...the shit he did with Trippin and Fearsome Bass...to bring back Fearsome Bass (b/c they both have the same melody pattern) wow..i was flippin....also he KILLED Da Booka while they were having technical difficulities in the booth-

As for Mike Mac---I enjoyed his set very much--again, stuff that is not usually my scene, but to hear it in a big room sounded really dope..he really worked his build ups well and Brand New Day sounded AWESOME>....

CP Peeps, Rdancer, Trancer, GodFAddah, sexyd, sexy H (<-- trying to get me to dance..ur crazy:D ) Robin, Legend (next sat Matrix...u guys own that shit) Big Poppa, Happy Bday DJJon, cant remember everyone else...We attempted to own the stage but lacked the Numbers...plus some random misplaced Factory guy was dancing, then praying and then attempting to fuck something that wasnt there....hmmm....good thing he got off the stage by himself b/c I think bids to push him off were up to $100 dollars were they not?

Nice meeting myles....Next week that Man is gonna kill NYC..its gonna be exciting--

Spent time looking for the elusive, Ms. InYourDreams b/c mac told me u were there...I think i saw u...i dunno...next time....I did see u tho....anytime u want to go shopping let me know!:D :D

Muziklover23 also looking for u brother? O well...

Next week Acosta on wed at abyss and myles on fri @ roxy, then the 15th when Tiesto is @ exit, I start my residency in the Red room so if ur coming for tiesto...come say HELLO.....

goodnite

Mike BuGouT

Originally posted by djmikebugout

first off last nite did not SUCK--I've been to clubs a lot worse..

Ink and Aaron made roxy sound like SF at the beginning of the nite--but i wasnt complaining--it was good to hear some diff stuff than I usually bang & the crowd seemed to be into it...

Johnny came on and played lovely--going back and forth bwt trancy stuff and hard stuff....jessica folker??!!:mad: that one I didnt get but maybe he had something in mind? I dunno...sometimes a really hot girl asks for a certain song? I've fallen victim to this one before but maybe thats not what happened o well....either way he played the drill (hennes & cold) which i loved....AND...the shit he did with Trippin and Fearsome Bass...to bring back Fearsome Bass (b/c they both have the same melody pattern) wow..i was flippin....also he KILLED Da Booka while they were having technical difficulities in the booth-

As for Mike Mac---I enjoyed his set very much--again, stuff that is not usually my scene, but to hear it in a big room sounded really dope..he really worked his build ups well and Brand New Day sounded AWESOME>....

CP Peeps, Rdancer, Trancer, GodFAddah, sexyd, sexy H (<-- trying to get me to dance..ur crazy:D ) Robin, Legend (next sat Matrix...u guys own that shit) Big Poppa, Happy Bday DJJon, cant remember everyone else...We attempted to own the stage but lacked the Numbers...plus some random misplaced Factory guy was dancing, then praying and then attempting to fuck something that wasnt there....hmmm....good thing he got off the stage by himself b/c I think bids to push him off were up to $100 dollars were they not?

Nice meeting myles....Next week that Man is gonna kill NYC..its gonna be exciting--

Spent time looking for the elusive, Ms. InYourDreams b/c mac told me u were there...I think i saw u...i dunno...next time....

Muziklover23 also looking for u brother? O well...

Next week Acosta on wed at abyss and myles on fri @ roxy, then the 15th when Tiesto is @ exit, I start my residency in the Red room so if ur coming for tiesto...come say HELLO.....

goodnite

Mike BuGouT

finally some1 that knows whats up... mike, me and larry will represent at matrix next week. and that tool box on the stage...WTF?!:confused: Myles is goin to be siiick.:eek:

i spin in the hip hop room at roxy and ur right its way to small and the line thing is retarted but its good in a way cause it stops from overcrowding but i guess theres not much u can do to stop that problem unless roxy makes the hip hop room bigger and for the kids who say " who listens to hip hop " try goin to somewhere CLASSY and u will see where hip hop over rules all jus cause u cant appreciate all types of music doesnt mean u should make judgements on something use no nothing about the funnie thing is this hip hop dj prob knows more bout house music then anyone of use who commented on hip hop BELIEVE THAT lmaoo

> > SaL kLuTcH

Spent time looking for the elusive, Ms. InYourDreams b/c mac told me u were there...I think i saw u...i dunno...next time....I did see u tho....anytime u want to go shopping let me know!:D :D

You did see me ;) I was in the booth for like the first half hour I was there, then I walked around and hung out by the bar. Left an hour later, and I'm kicking myself for not staying for Mike's set but my friends wanted to be out....

plus some random misplaced Factory guy was dancing, then praying and then attempting to fuck something that wasnt there....hmmm....good thing he got off the stage by himself b/c I think bids to push him off were up to $100 dollars were they not?

:laugh: :laugh: OMG!! That guy was too funny. I think people were doing random impressions of him all night long.

Hold on a sec.... you mean that if I really did shove him off the stage I would have gotten $100?!? dammit... i should have done it, god knows i need the money more than anyone.

All in all it was a fun night... I am glad Teklord dragged me... I had fun dancing with the CP stage crew.

Until next time...

Originally posted by djklutch

i spin in the hip hop room at roxy and ur right its way to small and the line thing is retarted but its good in a way cause it stops from overcrowding but i guess theres not much u can do to stop that problem unless roxy makes the hip hop room bigger and for the kids who say " who listens to hip hop " try goin to somewhere CLASSY and u will see where hip hop over rules all jus cause u cant appreciate all types of music doesnt mean u should make judgements on something use no nothing about the funnie thing is this hip hop dj prob knows more bout house music then anyone of use who commented on hip hop BELIEVE THAT lmaoo

> > SaL kLuTcH

bows to the al mighty sal klutch.. a) I was being sarcastic.. i listen to hip hop not as often as i used to and B) I'm 21, not a kid.

Originally posted by djklutch

> > SaL kLuTcH

Sorry... was being sarcastic. I am not a big fan of hip-hop but I respect all kinds of music. Except for maybe country... country music deserves no respect.

hahahaha

first of all...lemme just say, no one should be listening to the spikey haired factory freak Roninmess...lol secondly, that kid on the stage was one hell of a clown...biggest i think i have ever seen in NY (they are all over in FLA though...hehe) anyways...

bigpoppa...always a pleasure, da legend...u r fuckin huge bro lol, mikeeyb...u da man, we will be there on the 15th to ring u in as the fuckin best resident at exit in quite a while ;) , djjon...happy bday, enjoy vinyl tonight., i hope i see everyone that bitched out this week there next week for mad miles, he is totally gonna fuckin rip shit up :eek: :eek:

Well, FIRST OFF THANKS FOR COMING OUT LAST NIGHT.

AND I DID PLAY THE JESSICA FOLKER, YES THAT WAS ME. I LIKE THE SONG AND ACTUALLY THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I EVER GOT A CHANCE TO PLAY IT OUT IN A CLUB. I LIKE JOHNATHANS VOCAL PRODUCTIONS.

I ALSO KNOW THAT

THERE ARE A LOT MORE GIRLS IN THE ROXY NOW AND TO MAKE THEM HAPPY AND TO KEEP THEM COMING BACK YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO "SATISFY A WOMAN" LOL....

SO THAT WAS A SONG FOR THE GIRLS.....

THEN I GOT BACK TO BUSINESS.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPRT AND SEE YA NEXT WEEK WITH MADD MYLES.

JOHNNY VICIOUS

JOHNNYVICIOUS.COM

MUZIK448@AOL.COM

I ALSO WANTED TO THANK MIKE MACALUSO FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF HIS BUISY SCHEDULE TO DJ FOR US AT THE ROXY.

HE DID AN AWESOME JOB AND IT JUST SHOWS YOU THAT THERES A LOT OF TALENT AND DIFFERENT STYLES THAT ARE HOME GROWN HERE IN THE US THAT YOU ARE HEARING FIRST BEFORE THE REST OF THE WORLD.

GIVE MIKE A YEAR AND HE WILL BE KNOW ALL OVER THE WORLD.

THANKS MIKE

JOHNNY VICIOIUS

Originally posted by jennEfer

:laugh: :laugh: OMG!! That guy was too funny. I think people were doing random impressions of him all night long.

Hold on a sec.... you mean that if I really did shove him off the stage I would have gotten $100?!? dammit... i should have done it, god knows i need the money more than anyone.

All in all it was a fun night... I am glad Teklord dragged me... I had fun dancing with the CP stage crew.

Until next time...

Is this the same guy that was flexing and pointing to his muscles on stage?? I must have missed it by a few minutes. Thanks for coming Jenn, i'm glad you decided to come. Roxy did not suck last night, it all depends on your mood. I had an awesome time, even though i'm not into that hard stuff. The music in the VIP room was more my style and the guy who opened for JV played some great trance tracks as well.

Wassup Roninmess, so.. the kid with the Spikey hair.. Now I remember. There is only 1 kid with the spikey hair. And that must be you cuz your hair is damn spikey. Catch you later. peace

Originally posted by blaznny

Tear da fawkin roof off that place this friday. I have been waitin for you two to DJ together and i am sure i won't be disappointed :D :D

See all of you friday. Roxy Stage Crew in full effect!!!!!!!

Oh hells yes we will be!! This wanting to take a week of thing is just not happening!:mad: