Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do any of you ever feel Lonely in clubland?

Originally posted by kyoung

somebody asks you how have you been and some body kisses you and that makes you lonely? you would feel lonely when nobody said how have u been and nobody kissed you.

These people will never do

anything more than that..

Inside a club..

When I go home and

wake up on Sunday morning

and walk around in my boxer

shorts with my cup of coffee

these people will all be ghosts..

non of them will think of me..

non of them will call..

and no one..

NO ONE will know

what my favorite kind of spread

on my bagels are.

IN GENERAL.

NON of them are My REAL FRIENDS.

They are "Club buddies"

And in NY that can carry all kinds

of baggage..

Not to mention that I feel like

an insect under a magnifying

glass at "glam clubs"..

So in the end..

(To answer your question)

YES!

I feel lonely in the clubs.

Mugz, I tend to read threads without posting a reply too often.

BUT,

I have to say that you are not alone in your thoughts. I get that feeling sometimes too, like nobody really knows me and that we are just people passing through.

But keep one thing in mind:

You are known weather you know it or not. When I see you out as infrequently as I do, I see more than just some funny stomping dude. I see this guy who has a lot to say and offer to his community. I read a lot of what you post and it becomes part of who you are. You may not think that people know the real you and that they are superficial or insignificant, but it just isn't true. I value what you offer and while we may just see one anothe for a dance or whatever and then move our seperate ways, it means something to me. (and I'm sure many others out there agree)

Don't let it all get to you. You aren't seeing things as they really are because you aren't satisfied with some parts of your life. Just know that we are a community and it is special.

Enjoy your time out and your friends. Or maybe even take a break til you can better appreciate what you do have.

Take care and hopefully I'll see you soon on the dancefloor.

SK13

i do have a lot of "character " friends that vanish when the lights go on, but ive met a lot of cool people in clubland too that i talk to all the time........i just go in expecting that everyones gonna vanish at the end of the night and then when someone actually sticks around its pretty cool

Originally posted by trancend

i do have a lot of "character " friends that vanish when the lights go on, but ive met a lot of cool people in clubland too that i talk to all the time........i just go in expecting that everyones gonna vanish at the end of the night and then when someone actually sticks around its pretty cool

yup; if you expect nothing everything is positive. when you go out expecting something to happen it is always a let down.

i find that the only people who stick around are ones who want something fom me, which also sux. :blown:

its hard to find people who genuinely care about YOU and arent around simply to get what they want....

Maudy, I know exactly what you mean. Funny, I was actually considering posting something very similar. It occurred to me for the first time in December... and I really started giving it a lot of thought this past weekend... for the very first time in seven years, the magic is starting to fade, very quickly.

Part of it is definitely the scene itself... I'm not going to go on about "back in the day" but you know what I mean... but so much more is that the screen has been lifted and I see how damn shallow it all is. And how club friendships just never scratch the surface. And it is lonely, and it's scary too because this is pretty much all I've known for so long.

I think it may be time to move on... not that I can imagine stopping altogether... but I do feel like, very soon, I'm gonna have to say fuck all to the scene, to the 'heads, and just enjoy the music and not concern myself with anything else.

Originally posted by tastyt

Maudy, I know exactly what you mean. Funny, I was actually considering posting something very similar. It occurred to me for the first time in December... and I really started giving it a lot of thought this past weekend... for the very first time in seven years, the magic is starting to fade, very quickly.

Part of it is definitely the scene itself... I'm not going to go on about "back in the day" but you know what I mean... but so much more is that the screen has been lifted and I see how damn shallow it all is. And how club friendships just never scratch the surface. And it is lonely, and it's scary too because this is pretty much all I've known for so long.

I think it may be time to move on... not that I can imagine stopping altogether... but I do feel like, very soon, I'm gonna have to say fuck all to the scene, to the 'heads, and just enjoy the music and not concern myself with anything else.

mmm nice ass ;)

I think there should be a club with both guys

and girls just walking around with their ass

cheeks hanging out..

I wouldn't feel so lonely then..

The conversations could just

revolve around how firm,

'squishy or hairy your ass is

that night..

Cut through all the small talk.

You could just greet everyone by cupping a butt!

Mugz: "Hi Tastyt (slap/cup)

hows the butt tonight?"

Tastyt: "Great thanks Mugz..(slap/squeeze)

but I think you need to Wax again."

SEE NOW THAT WOULD BE A

NICE PERSONAL MOMENT TO BREAK THE ICE AND

EVERYONE FEEL SO MUCH CLOSER TO EACH OTHER.

(though the seats in Clubland would

be kinda funky and sticky..)

hmmmm..

on second thought scratch that thought.

Originally posted by joeg

*Insert Hourlong conversation of me and nathan discussing our friends here*

Asked to remove it... I somehow pissed people off I didn't mention or talk about...

Hope it was helpful to whoever got to read it. I re-read it like 5 times, and got a lot out of it.

. . . I am genuinely interested to know what was said . . hmm. . . .

. . I should be able to write a book on this subject, however I'm not up to my normal wordiness . . .

. . . But I do understand . . . oh yes I do . . . . unfortunately my understanding of it is sooo acute, I am constantly consumed by it . . and in turn, lock myself away from everything . . .

. . blah blah blah . . . I babble . . . :( . . .

Originally posted by sarahkim13

Mugz, I tend to read threads without posting a reply too often.

BUT,

I have to say that you are not alone in your thoughts. I get that feeling sometimes too, like nobody really knows me and that we are just people passing through.

But keep one thing in mind:

You are known weather you know it or not. When I see you out as infrequently as I do, I see more than just some funny stomping dude. I see this guy who has a lot to say and offer to his community. I read a lot of what you post and it becomes part of who you are. You may not think that people know the real you and that they are superficial or insignificant, but it just isn't true. I value what you offer and while we may just see one anothe for a dance or whatever and then move our seperate ways, it means something to me. (and I'm sure many others out there agree)

Don't let it all get to you. You aren't seeing things as they really are because you aren't satisfied with some parts of your life. Just know that we are a community and it is special.

Enjoy your time out and your friends. Or maybe even take a break til you can better appreciate what you do have.

Take care and hopefully I'll see you soon on the dancefloor.

SK13

very nice, SK13....you just made me feel better, i hope it worked for mugz too.

mugz, remember, when you feel lonely the next day after clubbing, just remember, there are a lot of other people feeling the same way.......most everybody goes home alone, i think. if clubbing isn't working for you anymore, it could be time to try some new things for a while. i hate to say it, but have you considered volunteer work? you could offer so much to kids and teaching them computer skills - nycares has a program called the "digital divide" that you might enjoy...