Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Monday Morning Reflection : Short Bus On the Sprain Brook . . .

. . Morning everyone . . .

. . Every day, on my trek from my home in White Plains to my job in Yonkers, I drive the Sprain Brook from 287 to the Cross County . . .

. . I can actually say I'm blessed with this commute . . . I never hit traffic, the highway itself is an easy drive and that section from Jackson avenue down the resevior all the way to Tuckahoe Rd in Yonkers is Free from exits and holds one of the most scenic drives in this area . . . I can't tell you how fascinating it is to see that Body of water change its visiage every morning and every season depending on what the weather directs . . .

. . .but I digress . . . In addition to being a very scenic drive, the above fact that there are no exits means that the Sprain in that section especially is a FAST highway . . . This aint no LIE . . average crusing speed is well over 70 mph most times . . and that brings me to my observation for the morning . .

. . . Today I'm heading into the approach to Jackson avenue and I see a short bus in the distance . . . I'm doing about 82 miles an hour in the fast lane, he's in the center . . . I'm approaching him from behind, but I notice that I'm only getting closer at an alarmingly slow rate . . . so I get up next to him (putting my car up above 90) and then pace clock him . . . He was doing 77 miles an hour . . .

. . .SEVENTY SEVEN MILES AN HOUR IN A SHORT BUS FILLED WITH CHILDREN . . .

. . .now how right is that? . . .

. . thoughts anyone . . .

why can I only picture ms crabtree from southpark...

Its a sick world... Theres absolutely no reason for a schoolbus to be going that fast, thats rediculous. I'm obviously one to speed, but comon, its 1 thing to risk your own life but innocent kids who have no choice but to ride the bus? and whens the last time you saw a schoolbus with some nice suspension mods? Big Slow Moving vehicles should remain Big Slow Moving vehicles.

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . You have a great point joe . . it is unthinkable for this to be happening, but the sad thing is, I see many MANY schoolbusses around this area pulling this kinda thing . . . and the odd thing is, the worst offenders are the ShortBus drivers . . .

thats horrible, a speeding school bus...

:laugh:

:bounce:

CD

lol, everyone flies on that road. when i had my permit my dad would yell at me to speed up, the limit might as well be 85 on there.

word of warning though, once i got a ticket going 120 mph in the bronx. :laugh: now i think its funny but back then it was terrible - my license had like 10 points on it..

Originally posted by momadance

i love that streach of road!! being a former westcherian (?) myslef, i am very fimialiar with it.

. . . yeah . . it does rock . . this one day the temperature was just right that all this mist was evaporating off the water, it was all wispy and suspended in time . . . it was hazy/cloudy too so the sun kinda looked like this pale disk in the sky . . . awesome . . . simply awesome . . .

. . . Somebitch . . I was under the impression that the speedlimit IS 85 through that stretch . . . even the cops rocket through there . . .