Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
SPYGIRL3

Marriage--Mother/Father Types

I think that the younger and less self-aware you are, the more likely it is to happen. I've dated plenty of men that I later realized were just too similar to my dad, and wound up in lots of relationships that echoed that of my parents.

People do that because it's what seems "right" to them, it's what's comfortable and familiar. That's why you see, for instance, a lot of women from abusive families who wind up with husbands who beat them. It's difficult to erase the effects of your childhood.

no way do i want a man just like my father --- he was born in sicily and thinks women should do their household "duties" and men dont have to lift a finger. though he wants me to get out of college and have a degree, he says it really doesnt matter cuz im a girl and im gonna get married soon :rolleyes::mad: WTF!!

i love him, he gave me a good childhood and basic up-bringing, but wasn't majorly involved in the things i did....he's the "come home, eat dinner, lay in his chair to watch tv" type of guy....not to mention racist and sexist --- its such a shame

Some good points Tastyt...

I don't think the guys I have dated echo my father or my parents relationship. My parents are still married and have 5 kids. Since I can remember, I have only seen my parents fight 2 or 3 times.

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

Some good points Tastyt...

My parents are still married and have 5 kids. Since I can remember, I have only seen my parents fight 2 or 3 times.

god bless.....we should all be so lucky

Originally posted by sum12nv

no way do i want a man just like my father --- he was born in sicily and thinks women should do their household "duties" and men dont have to lift a finger. though he wants me to get out of college and have a degree, he says it really doesnt matter cuz im a girl and im gonna get married soon :rolleyes::mad: WTF!!

i love him, he gave me a good childhood and basic up-bringing, but wasn't majorly involved in the things i did....he's the "come home, eat dinner, lay in his chair to watch tv" type of guy....not to mention racist and sexist --- its such a shame

OMGGGG!! I cant believe you just said that, my dad is the SAME EXACT WAYYY!! except the comes home and sits in front of the tv part,he just loves to work all the time he cant sit still.

he wasnt born in sicily but his parents were, but he's the same way. one time i remember we were sitting at the table, and his fork was missing, so he was like "get me a fork". and i told him "get up and get it yourself". but the thing was that i was joking around and he took it seriously, so he got soo mad that he went downstairs and punched a hole in the wall. he didnt even finish his dinner and was mad at everyone for a week.

he's got serious problems though, like i love my dad cause he's my dad , but if he wasnt my dad i woulndt like him one bit. he's an asshole alotta times.

Originally posted by romy20

so he got soo mad that he went downstairs and punched a hole in the wall. he didnt even finish his dinner and was mad at everyone for a week.

he's got serious problems though, like i love my dad cause he's my dad , but if he wasnt my dad i woulndt like him one bit. he's an asshole alotta times.

i think we should get them together --- im sure they'll be goomba's in no time :laugh:

Originally posted by sum12nv

Hey hun!!!!! How you been? Good I hope:D

My dad was quite the opposite of that. In a backwards sorta way, at least you know what qualities you are looking for and need... I guess your boy has most, if not all of them:love: