Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question for Dolfans!

digital7

Now that the Fins have hired Norv Turner as they're new offensive coordinator. I've read that there might be some interest in trading for disgruntled Saints running back Ricky Williams. I've also heard about a possible trade with New England for soon to be back-up quarterback Drew Bledsoe.... guys, do you think any of these rumors will become a reality? how do you think it would impact our salary cap and team's structure? ... a yay or nay?

Well hey you know im the Jets fan, but I also love football.

I think if they get a solid RB like Williams, and can work something out for Bledsoe, they got a nice team. If Bledsoe can make his main focus Chambers and not throw to 15 WR a game for 200 yards like Fiedler did I think they got shot, Chambers is the Fins future, as a fan of football, I like his talent and potential.

Also does anyone realize when Viniateri kicked that F.G., there was still time left when the ball hit the floor after being good, game isnt over.

Theres is a deff./ chance of getting R. Williams. As far as Bledsoe is concerned, there will not be enough money in the cap to support both the williams and bledsoe trade. Considering that miami does not want to get rid of either Sam Madison nor P. Surtain. They will be left with only 1 solution. giving up their 1st and 3rd round picks. The dolphins locker room is deff. pulling out their hairs on this one.

rumors about bledsoe are just that. rumors. there's no way he'll end up in miami. his cap number is way too big. chicago would be more likely to get bledsoe.

as for williams...they should do what it takes to get him. i wouldn't give up surtain. but i would give up a first round and their first round pick last yr (Fletcher) to get williams. now the question is is whether or not new orleans would bite.

the fins are fine w/fiedler. they just need a great RB to compliment their passing game. if teams respect the running game, that opens the passing game. the fins desperately need a TE also. shannon sharpe will be a free agent and would be great here. but his asking price might be a little too high.

right now...it's just a waiting game. they need to concentrate on williams.

Yeah, I defenitely think it would be alittle hard to squeeze both Ricky Williams and Drew Bledsoe in the same team, especially with our cap restraints coming up. Unless they pull a miracle of god. I was reading that should New Orleans pull a trade off with Miami, they do not want any kind of player compensation in the trade only draft picks in the upcoming draft's. The reason being is becuase New Orleans lost all they're draft picks when they picked Ricky Williams a few years back and left them basically a year behind the draft. A foolish manouver that Mike Ditka pulled, that's why he was fired. This tidbit would turn out to be interesting becuase should Miami discuss a possible trade with New England, the Pats wouldn't mind a mixture of draft pick's with player compensation in the trade for Bledsoe.

Now let's look at this senerio.

New Orleans sends Ricky Williams to Miami.

Miami sends they're this years 1st round and 3rd round picks. They also send they're 3rd rounder of next years draft to New Orleans.

---- and ----

New England sends Drew Bledsoe to Miami.

Miami sends it's 2nd rounder of next years draft and last years first round draft pick, Jamal Fletcher. Or next years first round draft pick.

what do you guys think? should the Dolphins just upgrade at quarterback in the draft? or should they cut they're losses and restructure some contracts to accomidate this crazy senerio

either way, I don't think Jay Fiedler is the answer. Let the Washington Redskins take him

input please.

The 'fins need a better QB, no question about it. They need one to take the next step to become serious AFC title contenders. I dunno about Ricky Williams though, but they should make a run for Bledsoe. I still dunno why they passed up on Brad Johnson last year.

I honetsly think we are all missing the big picture here. Jay Fiedler, as much as i hate to admit is a good QB. There, I said it. Its the Offensive line in which miami has to invest in. Bring any QB to miami with our O-line and see what happens. QB ratings will deff. drop. They do not give the QB enough time in the pocket. I Think Travis Minor wil compliment Ricky Wiliams very well. And last but not least, we finally got rid of that offensive cord! Now we have an Offensive cord. who is not afraid of passing past 10 yrds.

Chris Chambers wll be all over the AFC.

exactly. i will agree that fiedler is a pretty good qb. granted i and everyone got on him for his early mistakes, but the guy's been playing behind an offensive line that wouldn't start on any other team. 3rd stringers...guys who had never even played a down in the nfl. kinda makes your qb think twice about what he's doing b/c he's thinking about too many things at once.

bledsoe is not the answer. he'll just be another cap problem for the fins. they have bromell, mixon and bowens as free agents they need to sign. being that gardner's been injured, they can't lose ANY defensive lineman. they need a TE and they need to sign a stud offensive lineman. we can't do all of that with bledsoe. the fins would have to release guys and restructure contracts. it's just not going to happen. 2 yrs in the league and fiedler's making strides. remember...he won i think 5 or 6 games for us last year and only lost 1 game (the jets game here). the other games that we lost were not entirely his fault.

point is...the reason no one's talking about our second round pick this year is because we have none. offer a first and third for williams and hope we can draft a couple of offensive linemen. a maybe sign another.

but we need williams more than we need bledsoe. WAY more.

yeah, I do agree that Chris Chambers is our future. He defenitely has the potential to really do some damage. I still think and hope that our quarterback to be will come out of college since Bledsoe seems out of the question. How would you guys feel seeing Ole Mississippi quarterback Eli Manning, brother of Payton and son of the great Archie Manning in a Dolphin uniform? I would love it! .. that kid got skillz

Well I am not a Dolphin fan either, but they would be my 2nd favorite team. Unfortunately I am almost postive the organization is not going to dish the $$$$ to get Bledsoe who I think would make an immediate impact on this team. I rather them get Bledsoe than Ricky Williams. I mean Bledsoe has put the numbers on paper and has shown in the past he can do it. Everyone has a bad year he and there. On the other hand Ricky Williams what? had one full injured year collecting $$$$ and one pretty good year staying away from injuries. I would not risk the BIg $$$ on Ricky Williams.

:cool:

Sure, bring in Drew Bledsoe. Since hes not a scrambler, im sure he'll do just fine with the miami O-Line. He'll love it here. Right! The guy will have a concussion by the 2nd home game. Like I said before, i dont like Fiedler, but the guy knows his line already, he loves to run, sometimes I think he relly want to be a runningback, and since he started w/the fins, hes only been improving. Check the stats. As far as R.Willims. Consecutive 1000+ yards per season. When hes not hurt. The Dolphins screwed up in last years draft when they drafted (jamal fletcher) over

(DREW BREES)! What the heck where they Thinking!

why does everyone think that brees would've been the savior of the dolphins? he's no marino. he was a good college qb. how many "great" college qb's totally bombed in the nfl? does gino toretta sound familiar to you all? ty detmer? those are heisman winners right there my friends. what have they done in the nfl? u might say that brees is different, but he's what...6ft tall? a buck eighty? he's going to have to run so far back just to see over the offensive line. he reminds me of flutie.

point is, the fins have just wanted to build their defense. have a conservative offense and win with your defense. so they drafted jamar fletcher hoping that brees would drop to them in the second round. but hey, they got chambers.

williams is worth it. he's not even making what the top rb's in the nfl are. he was injured one year and still made it to 1000 yds. u build on a running game. it makes the o-line look better.

The Fins are not going for Drew Bledsoe. They all ready re-signed Feidler anyway. Jay is a decent QB, he just needs a line like Kurt Warner has to play behind. Chris Chambers rocks, I really hope he has an awesome season next year. Ricky Williams doesn't impress me much, but we need a back and he's a big boy. I just hope he can play injury free and gain some much-needed yardage on the ground....

We shall see... as long as Zach is smackin' some biatches around on Defense, I'm sure we'll have a good season.. #54 woo hoo!

GO FINS!:eek: :eek:

Lola :tongue:

Why hesitate MENG? Old friend thought me this quote but more in regards to women "Those who Hesitate Masterbate".

I like Phins but they are a make it to the playoff and choke team lately.

Actually I am a die hard Raider fan who have not been all that either and this year that we started off looking good and finished kinda sucky, damn that New England Game what a nightmare, just to think that one bad call & they would have been in the Super Bowl.. SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to VENT............:mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by stogiey2k2

Actually I am a die hard Raider fan who have not been all that either and this year that we started off looking good and finished kinda sucky,

Hi Stogs.. Speaking of the Raiders, whats up w/ Gruden? I love that lil' cutie of a coach.. I was hoping he was coming to Tampa.... What in the heck is going on? Is he staing in LA?

Lola:tongue:

big fish fan up here in NYC ...what up Miami?...Any one think with the hiring of Norv Turner that that Troy Aikman rumor could be a good possibility since that was Troys Boy all those years?..I would luv to get Ricky (LSmith sux)..and look for them to throw some money at Cris Carter to compliment chambers..something has to be done. win a frikkin superbowl already!!!!!

aikman? u guys must be kidding me! i can't stand hearing about this guy. he retired for a couple of reasons...his back and his reocurring concusions. he's a pocket passer and cannot scramble. give him a couple of games and he'll be out again. i'd rather have fiedler with one arm and half a leg then have aikman back there. ok...so i'm exagerrating, but u get the point.

c.c. holds an offseason clinic every year in i think ft.lauderdale or something like that. he loves the weather down here and won't be in minnesota next yr. at some convention last offseason, someone told him they'd love to see him in a fins uniform. he said "with this weather, that's a great possibility man". all with a smile.

:)

never liked the 'boys. but i'm just looking at the big picture here. and i'm trying to be reasonable. aikman - ache man. see it? i think i'd rather have damon huard. :)

the fins need to shake things up. sign c.c. put oronde in the slot like mcduffie was. move konrad to te and sign williams. then draft some o linemen and maybe sign one. things might actually look bright over here.

then again...we're talkin about the fins here. :rolleyes: