Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hope for 93.1?

fat0ny

What's up everyone? well I just hope that once they have DJ's working there that things will get better. I mean right now they just have a freakin big ass CD changer just flipping through the same songs over and over. Actually hopefully the DJ will come even quicker because I like the songs they play but goodness I already know all of them by heart. To make matters worse now I occasionally switch over to power 96 and they are biting the same songs from 93.1. SO ITS FUCKIN FRUSTRATING>>>>>>

They are burning up good songs and that really sucks. But all we can do it bitch and wait for now.

CHANGE THE MUSIC ALREADY OR TAKE THIS?

:biggun::gang:

The problem you guys aren't really seeing........is that this station is not going to change much if there is no mass clamour for such a change. I bet the Miami mainstream is very satisfied with what this station is doing. For that reason they will not change. People who post on this message board do NOT represent the mainstream. Our opinions really don't matter in the context of mainstream radio.

True, however, change starts with an idea. And communicating on this message board, small is it may seem could go great lengths as far as showing people how we feel about this situation. The truth is you never know whos listening.. (or reading in this case) if we all followed the path of the many we would all be lost and with out any beauty in our life. Im the first one to say that anything mainstream is shit. and though It may seem my posting a stupid message on the internet could lead to nothing more than a bunch of people complaining or agreeing about what im talking about just remember that the Prodestant religion started when Martin Luther Pinned a little note on a church door. So yes.. we may not represent the mainstream. But we do have a voice.. and if you scream loud enough it will be heard.

Originally posted by fat0ny

True, however, change starts with an idea. And communicating on this message board, small is it may seem could go great lengths as far as showing people how we feel about this situation. The truth is you never know whos listening.. (or reading in this case) if we all followed the path of the many we would all be lost and with out any beauty in our life. Im the first one to say that anything mainstream is shit. and though It may seem my posting a stupid message on the internet could lead to nothing more than a bunch of people complaining or agreeing about what im talking about just remember that the Prodestant religion started when Martin Luther Pinned a little note on a church door. So yes.. we may not represent the mainstream. But we do have a voice.. and if you scream loud enough it will be heard.

I know.........I hope you are right. Is it just me or is the "newer stuff" this station is putting into rotation........even more derivative and less catchy than the original stuff they were caning in January? Does this station have a website up and running yet? If they provide an email address or something, I'd really like to give them some feedback. I'd like to see them doing something like the Essential Mix......on Fri and Sat night around 8-10PM with different local DJs every week playing different styles.

Forever and ever, I'll find you forever and ever, protect you and ever forever and ever I'll find you, For ever and ever and ever forever I'll find you, forever and ever, , I'll find you forever and ever ...AAAHHH.....you get the point :puke:

This IS the theme song! I bet for some of you just reading this post makes you wanna puke.

From what I know, there are a lot of things in the works for 93.1. For one, they are going to be the official station of the Winter Music Conference and Ultra. They already began hiring their on air staff. Dont ask me who cause I cant say. Be patient. I know a lot of the songs they play have been played out by Power but understand this is commercial radio. What will put the station on the map is when they hire their mix team and when they go live from clubs. As some of you who knows me from Grooveradio, we have been in an endless battle to change some of the programming we here today on radio. Words cannot describe what I feel about what Power96 has done to commercial radio in Miami for the last 10 years. Thay used to be so different then. Today I was driving with my nephew whos 9 and he was scanning the radio which stopped on power and they were playing the trina song that goes lick my neck, my back, my pu** whatever, I get frustrated. Thay have fucked up radio and its time for us to support 93.1. If you have any comments , ideas, or suggestion please feel free to e-mail the program director @ www.party931.com. His name is Phil Micheals. Beleive me, he reads all his mail.

Originally posted by djconcept

Today I was driving with my nephew whos 9 and he was scanning the radio which stopped on power and they were playing the trina song that goes lick my neck, my back, my pu** whatever, I get frustrated. Thay have fucked up radio and its time for us to support 93.1. If you have any comments , ideas, or suggestion please feel free to e-mail the program director @ www.party931.com. His name is Phil Micheals. Beleive me, he reads all his mail.

That's bad, but I heard the Diamond Girl song on your station today. My hope for the station dropped to near nothing. lol why are they playing a track that was played out and stale by 1983? The Midway roller skating rink used to cane the hell out of that track. haha

Because they play dance and freestyle. Diamond girl is considered freestyle. They also play other old school freestyle tracks. They have stated that in their programming from the very beginning (Dance & Freestyle). I'd rather here that than ghetto music any day.

Everyone and their grandma plays freestyle (stations) I mean isnt it better if each station sticks to their own style. power has ghetto + pop + freestyle already. Shouldent the "New" 93.1 stick to real dance music and not that crap I used to listen to when id go to Hotwheels with my sister as a kid

Originally posted by fat0ny

Everyone and their grandma plays freestyle (stations) I mean isnt it better if each station sticks to their own style. power has ghetto + pop + freestyle already. Shouldent the "New" 93.1 stick to real dance music and not that crap I used to listen to when id go to Hotwheels with my sister as a kid

LOL true except they were playing that stuff in skating rinks even before the existence of Hot Wheels! I know what style of music they are referring to.......but I have a question, what defines "freestyle," anyway? Why is it called that?

what exactly will the station be covering for conference?

those commercials that put down the competition don't make the station any better...kinda like space putting down level--quite tasteless.

since it's a mainstream electronic music station, you're gonna hear just that-- so it's gonna be rare if you hear something that's whitelabel cos these stations pay a fee to play tracks that are licensed for radio. (At least that's what I understood as a college radio DJ, tho my show was different.)