Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which NYC DJ has the biggest following within the NYC area???

I think that is a hard question to answer. If Danny decided to spin at a larger club in NYC he would definately have the larger following. When Tenaglia spun in the Tunnel his following was huge. His following is still huge. But he likes it where he is. I think that is mainly because Danny loves what he is doing and there is very little drama at Vinyl. And Vinyl is not on NYC's Hitlist really for the next club to get pad locked...

I think a better question is what DJ in NYC has an older more mature following ???

The answer again would be DT. Yes Vinyl has more recently become rombuncious <//=-=-= cant spell i dont think. But before Tunnel and Twilo closed Vinyl had a really cool croud. Very little drama.

Junior has the more Diverse croud... Obviously...

JP has the younger more care free croud...

And Vicious I really dont know. Have not been to any of his shows...

And I am not saying any of this because I am a Tenaglia Fan. It is just what I see...

I love JP parties... Never really went to a Vicious or Jr. Party. and I have been to many DT parties.

And thats about all... I know some Drama will come out of this post... But stay calm... I have not put any DJ down.

Larger following, is a little different than which club is the most packed.

I do believe that many people go to soundfactory because its a cool, care free place where people from the suburbs can party and feel totally wild and comfortable.

The suburbs are larger than the city... so maybe soundfactory has a larger crowd.... however they are not all die hard JP fans.

But... in my opinion he still does have a HUGE following.

After the big crowd dies out at SF, whatever is left are hardcore Jonathan fans that have been following him for years, week in, and week out.

Junior has by far the most die hard fans...

It might be going off topic to discuss his sucky nights, but on a night to night basis he honestly aint that good lately so he doesnt pack up exit like he totally could.

What makes him a legend though, is that when is fully motivated, and the energy is right.... You cannot fuck with him. Not in mixing... not in track selection... not in creativity... not in crowd control... and he leaves you with no option but to DANCE! On those nights he creates fans for life.

Those fortunate enought to catch him on the good nights know this on a cellular level, and they keep going back hoping he'll do it again.

In fact on a few big events he has spun longer sets than JP ever has(although not lately).

DT is very precise in his mixing, and his fans love that. I don't think people go to vinyl for any reason other than to hear Danny spin. You get your moneys worth every time with him, and you dont have the drama of Junior, and the occasional cheasy trance of JP. His following is HUGE, but NOT like the above 2 mentioned dj's.

Vicious has a good following... however he isn't in the same league just yet. He has his style, and his followers... however his parties are promoted quite well, and that's the real reason why they are packed. He fares best with young crowds.

Junior of course,hes been playing since the 80's.....Bassline,Sound Factory,Tunnel,pallidum,Twilo and now Earth.He has a lagre Gay following and an older crowd.

JV never heard him live.

JP,his style of playing tends to wreck my nerves at some point,to me he has'nt changed since "Save The Robots."

Originally posted by trancend

slightly different scene, but id say pleasurehead

im not that big a fan though......not really my style

Yah I saw Pleasurehead on Sat, he ripped it up like usual, but so did x-dream, and venom. PLus Paul Birken did a live set which was mad good.

Originally posted by unclebuc

JP definitely has the biggest following because of the size of the room......if you put danny in there every week he would do the same numbers, If not more. Exit has been empty and we all know that junior has lost a step or two in the last few years.

Exit hasn't been filling up to capacity on Sats because it's a poor choice of venue for a gay crowd. The Exit crowd and the Junior crowd don't mesh well. On NYE I overheard a guy saying "This is a pretty good party but there are too many gay guys here."

I had to bite my tongue to keep from cracking up.

sexxyh~~~ id have to say its JP or DT...........both these dj's pack their clubs every time and they dont even hire promoters b/c they know the place will be packed!!!

- Danny has promoters sexxyh

- Junior had a following

- Jonathan is crap outside of factory

- Johnny draws in ny

I would have to say Danny, Johnny and jonathan have the biggest following

:rolleyes: