Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my valentines day dillema - help quick!

should i go to work?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. should i go to work?

• yes
    • no

ok, so up until 15 minutes ago i didnt have any plans for valentines day except to work - im a waiter at a mexican restaurant

so im talking to this girl that i kinda like or whatever, and shes like...all my co workers are going out to the city to eat and drink after we close (she said around 10:00-10:30), shes a waitress at an italian restaurant

so heres my dillema

i can either go to work, and risk not getting out by 10 pm - if its busy ill have to stay longer...but i dont work at a classy place so maybe it wont be busy you know?

or i can not risk it and call out sick from work - but then my boss might get pissed

Originally posted by heretic909

You wanna spend your V-day with her and all of her co-workers? Fuck it. Go to work and get paid cause co-workers are obnoxious. If she wanted to get her freak on, she'd have suggested something just for the two of you.

well she did suggest something for AFTER it, but her work is paying for drinks and shit so she figured get drunk for free.....then whatever, its up to us

Thats touchy because calling in sick on V-Day, your boss is going to know that you are full of shit. A busser got fired from my restaurant last year full calling in on Valentine's Day. Anyway, whether this might happen or not, I still stay stick it out at work if your job means anything to you. If you think you can get away with it, go with her. Plus, being Valentine's Day and all, it is very possible you will make a good chunk of cash.

hmm its a touch one but if you can meet her later and go to work then defo do that. the advantages are that she will get loads of free booze and when you turn up she will be pissed and you can take advantage and for the rest of the night she will always be more drunk and you will defo not make a tit of yourself!

Let us know how you get on.

if she does like you then being aloof will make her all the more interested. trust me its a chick thing.

Originally posted by trancend

well she did suggest something for AFTER it, but her work is paying for drinks and shit so she figured get drunk for free.....then whatever, its up to us

go to work, go home, shotgun a beer or two to play catch-up with the drinks they started early, then take a train to meet her in the city.

that's how i'd go about it anyways...

Originally posted by thehacker

go to work, go home, shotgun a beer or two to play catch-up with the drinks they started early, then take a train to meet her in the city.

that's how i'd go about it anyways...

Yes... it's way too busy a night to call in sick, very bad idea- your boss will obviously know something's up and will be really pissed about it.

Originally posted by joeg

you work in a crappy mexican restaurant in a suburban town... Go to nyc, get drunk, get laid... if you don't have a job, just go get one that pays more... your a waiter not a director of infrastructure at a fortune500 company...

couldnt have said it better myself.