Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the scene like in Boston???

bbflux

I'm doing my research on hospitals for my residency match. I'm terrified of moving to a town where I'll be BORED out of my skull on days off. Sooooo..... what's it like in Boston? What kind of talent do you guys get up there? :D

BTW, any of you gonna be down in Miami for WMC 2002?

There aren't very many clubs that bring in the great International DJ's that you might want but there is one club named Avalon that is bringing in a pretty impressive line up in the coming months, for instance Ferry Corsten played last week. Feb. 22, Danny Howells, March 1 Armen Van Burren, March 8. Saunderson and I can't remember the other guy, March 9. Carl Cox, March 22 Tiesto and Steve Lawler. That should give you an idea of the DJ's this place brings in, but the clubs close at 2am, but there is one afterhours in Boston (many outside city), that has been gaining more popularity. But there are other clubs that cater to other Music needs of course. And the number 1 reason why you should move to Boston, is because we have people like me and all the other friendly people on this board..... lol

No, I am not going to the conference can't get the time off. TAX SEASON:( !!! It make me sad to even talk about. Miami is phat, went there last June and went out like a rock star!

Good luck!

Jessica

Originally posted by bbflux

I'm doing my research on hospitals for my residency match. I'm terrified of moving to a town where I'll be BORED out of my skull on days off. Sooooo..... what's it like in Boston? What kind of talent do you guys get up there? :D

BTW, any of you gonna be down in Miami for WMC 2002?

what hospital are you looking to match with? (what kind of medicine? -- just curious) i have a friend that is a RN at Mass general and actually her bf is doing a residency in Miami (dental) though. hehe one of his patients is Dave ralph!

if youare looking for something similar to Miami as far as a party town, to be honest boston doesn't match up well. its a big college town = big bar scene but prplhz is right that there a few good clubs and avalon def does bring in some big names. Big downer -- everything closes at 2am. although there are a few after hour things. (btw i grew up in mass even though my screen is nycchic ;) )

Originally posted by k-hole6969

DO ME A FAVOR AND DONT WASTE YOUR TIME IN NEW ENGLAND...THE PLACE IS INBREED CENTRAL...WORD TO THE WISE THERE IS NOTHING TO DO AND THE PEOPLE ARE RETARDS....THERE IS NOTHING TO DO IN BOSTON AND THE CLUBS SUCK ASS.....

NEXT!!!:laugh:

Originally posted by snoboardr2

I am a sr @ high schoool praying that I get into BU... is there anything like the NYC version of EXIT? WORLD? ROXY? nice that tiesto's gonna be there.

If you like those places you will be into Avalon, that is probably your best bet. Roxy in Boston is pretty nice, they just don't bring in any big named DJ's. If you studied hard I am sure youwill get into BD, good luck!

Jessica

P.S. - can't wait for Tiesto, going to be a good time.

Thanks for the info, everyone. :)

prplhz> you should really try and get your ass down here for WMC 2002 AT ALL COSTS!!!! It is the best thing the dance scene has to offer! REALLY! :D

nycchic24> I'm gonna spec. in Anesthesia and (call it dreaming but) I would like to match with Mass. General Hosp. (Harvard). We'll see. :rolleyes: I'm also looking into Chicago, Seattle, Philly and NYC. These are all back-up plans, though, in case I don't get into Miami's Jackson Memorial. WISH ME LUCK! :)