Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Point of view on Exit

I remember the first time i stepped into exit... I loved it. I thought it was an amuzement park where you could get lost and if you lose your friends your fucked. I liked the music as well. This was when i first started clubbin in nyc. Which brings me to today. You people are forgetting that exit is an 18+ club meaning there are thousands of new club heads a year coming to this place. Tony Draper isnt a bad dj because he plays what the kids want to hear. I mean if your telling me that when u first started clubbin you just wanted to go for paul oakenfold tiesto or paul van dyke you must be out of your mind. You didnt care what the jd was as long as he was playing shit you knew and u liked. Thats why tony draper was such a good job for exit on fridays. As we grow older in the scene we hear other djs which do mixes and songs much better thats what grows us to love them. A lot of people say they like this dj and that dj when they never even heard them live the just jump on the bandwagon. European djs are a great accomplishment in nyc but in the same aspect maybe the younger club kids rather the tony draper music and the music their familiar with. Just my 2 cents.

I think that that was well said, slyonspromo. I recently did a bit of Exit bashing on this board and stated how it was really a place for sheep and people who don't know better, but I think we all did forget that it can be a good place for people to get started in the clubbing scene. And no matter how "bad" Exit is, its still something to be experienced at least once. Keep the opinions coming. :hat:

for me when i first went out it was to limelight, ive never been to exit, i would like to, but its not a priority...and as mentioned b4, i didnt care who the hell the dj was...i was out to have a good time with my friends, listen to some music, get bent, and dance...thats all there was to it...however, ive always appreciated the music...i have been listening to dance/electronic music since i was 11 yrs old...my first tape was c&c music factory...nowadays, i go to clubs/parties sober (no drugs), but i care who the dj is...i dont want to go to a party where all theyre playin is hard house...i used to like that crap,but i cant stand it now...as the music has progressed so have i...and when i see people who come to a club for the first time, i look at them and think back to when i first started out...theyll learn too like i did and like everyone of you have...enjoy the music, plain and simple...quit bitching...peas.

I don't know what you are talking about... but i got into clubbing 2 years ago. Before that I was into the music. My first night out was at Twilo for PVD. Went to Exit my second time and never went back, except for Tiesto. If you don't like the management here, find another board. That is just my OPINION, thats what all these message boards are about. Sharing opinions, and drama of course. Good luck

I flew in from Dallas this last weekend to celebrate a friends birthday. All I can say is exit sucks,(that is a understatement) We went to check out Tiesto and we left 30 minutes after getting in. The people were unbearable. it give NYC Club scene a bad name. Thank God we went to Vinyl and had a fucking blast. I wish I could catch DT every friday.

Originally posted by slyonspromos

I remember the first time i stepped into exit... I loved it. I thought it was an amuzement park where you could get lost and if you lose your friends your fucked. I liked the music as well. This was when i first started clubbin in nyc. Which brings me to today. You people are forgetting that exit is an 18+ club meaning there are thousands of new club heads a year coming to this place. Tony Draper isnt a bad dj because he plays what the kids want to hear. I mean if your telling me that when u first started clubbin you just wanted to go for paul oakenfold tiesto or paul van dyke you must be out of your mind. You didnt care what the jd was as long as he was playing shit you knew and u liked. Thats why tony draper was such a good job for exit on fridays. As we grow older in the scene we hear other djs which do mixes and songs much better thats what grows us to love them. A lot of people say they like this dj and that dj when they never even heard them live the just jump on the bandwagon. European djs are a great accomplishment in nyc but in the same aspect maybe the younger club kids rather the tony draper music and the music their familiar with. Just my 2 cents.

totally agree

exit on fridays sucks........

but i must say check it out on saturday its a different crowd with nero spinning on the main floor....

no offense to ne1 but it seems like all the asians and the juice headz that are their friday dont want to come back sat....

hopefully it stays that way

Originally posted by slyonspromos

I agree. When I first went out clubbing, it was to goa parties, and I remember thinking how they were the shit. Then I moved on to other things, and wham, I am where I am now. When I look back, I notice all the genres I liked early on, suck to me now. Draper does good for the first timers. His music fits his crowd.