Clubplanet Nightlife Community

fabric 03 - jon marsh

Nolimit

not bad...

01 West Magnetic - Blue Royal (Om Records)

02 Le Grande Boofant - G String Underbeard (U-Freqs)

03 Erro - Change For Me (Akabu Dub) (Z Records)

04 Mochico - Mochico 3.5 (Mochico, Inc)

05 Spook - Feel Up (Mr Bongo)

06 Solo & Logan - Damnatrybe (Myna Music)

07 Philip Charles - Elektrik Dreamers (Shaboom Records)

08 The Beard presents Soul Sista - Only You (Inspirit Music)

09 Brothers Love Dubs - 1-800 Ming (Rui Da Silva Remix)(Decode Records)

10 Papa Washington Trio - Calling All Dancers (Paper recordings)

11 $16 Million Man - Pink Yo Black (Live in SW15 mix) (Under the Counter)

12 Phil Weeks & Hector Moralez - Time To Yourself (Robsoul Recordings)

13 Alexander East - Jest 4 Me (Bhq Vocal Dub 2) (Afterhours)

glad to see fabric is moving away from funky breaks...

the temptation to spin funky breaks is very, very strong. i should know it almost cost me my dj'ing career. visions of frats, breakdancers, and white trash bounced around my head. the glory of being a hero to the musically retarded was something i wanted so much. but alas, i realized i was living a lie. it took many a glass of lemonade and turkey drumsticks to wake up to the realization that hard house was my destiny.

glad to know u found your destiny, but there's nuthin wrong w/spinnin funky breaks. don't know why it would cost you your career either. maybe you just weren't good at it, or weren't spinning the breaks ppl wanted to hear. i'm not accusing you of sucking in any way...so don't jump down my throat. breaks is a genre in its own. many different classifications. florida breaks (which absolutely suck in my opinion), funky breaks, atmospheric breaks, nu skool, old skool, etc. the list goes on and on. many dj's have made a name for themselves spinning breaks. just look what icey has done (don't like his music, but the man just keeps on goin), baby anne, freq nasty, hybrid, danny mcmillan, tom middleton and the man adam freeland. they all spin breaks and do so consistently.

everyone likes to get funky every now and then. i personally don't like to hear the same banging shit over and over again.

• 2 weeks later...

it's up there marcos... my only complaint is the placement of 1 800 ming. it just doesn't fit right in this mix.

other than that the shit is hot. a couple of dated tracks but not so obvious.

i just can't wait to hear tyler stadius's upcoming fabric mix. another thing, don't u guys wish these fabric mixes were double cds???

good to hear it lives up to fabric one and two... i kind of like the fact that they are one cd... a lot of my two cd compilations seem to be one amazing cd and one ok cd. plus fabric is constantly releasing mixes at a more timely basis than others (renaissance, global underground, etc.), so it's not like we have to wait for half a year to hear the next mix.