Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question re: PVD @ Sound factory 3/29/02

Hello Everyone,

We're going to Sound Factory for PVD next month (my first trip to the Big Apple!!:spin2: ) and I was wondering if you have any pointers or tips? I grew up in L.A. so partying out there we're used to going out mad early for example, 9/930 pm, b/c the lines become ridiculously long. From what I've heard, hitting the clubs late (e.g. 2 am) in NYC doesn't cause a problem with getting in. Is this true? I'm sure it's probably all relative, but I'd just like an idea of what to expect @ Sound Factory. Thanks!

~surreal~

Sound Factory has crazy hours. The line is going to be rediculous since PVD is spinning, I guess the earlier you get there the better. If the line will be anything like the PVD line at Twilo then you can expect a 1+ hour wait outside. If I had to guess i'd say that PVD will come on around 2. Does anyone have any info on the opening or closing(hope there isn't one) DJ?? I'm sure of one things, the place will be incredibly packed.

Originally posted by ~surreal~

Hello Everyone,

We're going to Sound Factory for PVD next month (my first trip to the Big Apple!!:spin2: ) and I was wondering if you have any pointers or tips? I grew up in L.A. so partying out there we're used to going out mad early for example, 9/930 pm, b/c the lines become ridiculously long. From what I've heard, hitting the clubs late (e.g. 2 am) in NYC doesn't cause a problem with getting in. Is this true? I'm sure it's probably all relative, but I'd just like an idea of what to expect @ Sound Factory. Thanks!

~surreal~

Do 150 pushups 15 minutes before you get on line, and walk around like you can't put down your arms. You'll fit right in. :)

Originally posted by o-jay®

Do 150 pushups 15 minutes before you get on line, and walk around like you can't put down your arms. You'll fit right in. :)

Yup, thx for the warning. We watched SF's streaming video this past week to check it out for ourselves and it's pretty cheesy. But hey, as long as they're having a good time, right? I just don't want their greasy bodies dripping all over mine. :)

Yup, thx for the warning. We watched SF's streaming video this past week to check it out for ourselves and it's pretty cheesy. But hey, as long as they're having a good time, right? I just don't want their greasy bodies dripping all over mine. :)

I suggest u bring a raincoat b/c thats what they r known for.

Hopefully we can round up the old Twilo Crew to over take this place cuz we all know how to party. This is gonna b a reunion, cant fuckin wait to see good ol PVD.

TWILO R.I.P.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what the parking situation is like? Is there valet or is it mostly park-n-pay lots? Any idea what it'll cost? Danka.

For parking its pretty much all valet around there, or park on the street. If you park on the street make sure you don't have ANYTHING within sight on the inside....put backpacks, cd players, jackets, everything in the trunk....my car's been broken into 2 blocks away from factory before...happens every weekend. :(

To leave the car the whole night it'll cost anywhere from 20 to 30 bucks depending on where you leave it....there was a cheap place around there but I forget where....48/49th street maybe?

Originally posted by BKDJ

DJ Raz will open up for PVD as well as open up for him in Miami for the Winter Music Conf.

Maybe... but just maybe..... Anthony Nero will be involved with the PVD night @ S.F.

:-)

Njoy

womP womP womppp

:)

destroy em Raz :]

but.... isnt Luis Diaz opening???

No. I was born in Taiwan, grew up in L.A., and moved to Pittsburgh to finish my undergrad.

My next sighting will be in NYC!!! :spin2:

no shit? do you party in pitt? laga's the only place with quality DJs other than that pitt sucks for clubs. :)

Originally posted by dr0ne

no shit? do you party in pitt? laga's the only place with quality DJs other than that pitt sucks for clubs. :)

Yeah, shit. ;)

Laga's decent, I've only been there once for Charles Feelgood, but I'm not crazy about going there. They have a good sound system and it's a decent sized venue, but there's just something about being surrounded by kids messed up on drugs that I find disturbing (and when I say kids, I mean under 18).

M (aka Metropole) is decent, the music usually sux, though. Except on April 11th! That's when S&D will be there. :bounce: I still want to check out Area 51...have you been?

Yeah, shit. ;)

Laga's decent, I've only been there once for Charles Feelgood, but I'm not crazy about going there. They have a good sound system and it's a decent sized venue, but there's just something about being surrounded by kids messed up on drugs that I find disturbing (and when I say kids, I mean under 18).

M (aka Metropole) is decent, the music usually sux, though. Except on April 11th! That's when S&D will be there. :bounce: I still want to check out Area 51...have you been?

not a big fan of M actually. gestapo security, shady ass promoters, not the greatest vibe. area 51 is ok nothing special. but seriously im no fan of 16 yr old crakhedz (i actually thought laga was 18+....) but i'll take that over the kind of crowd who hangs out at tequila willys and rock jungle any day. its not a question of whats better but whats "less worse" :)

the best places are usually the afterhours and smallish bar nights.....like 1814...small, great ppl and music, free drinks ($10 cover, but you need to know someone to get in). pub IG in oakland also has a cool night on sunday with lots of deep house and shit like that.

other than that there's the occasional weeklies at havana, shadow lounge, zythos and other places, but its usually small and kinda cliquey, but the people are generally nice....much better than the meathead variety you deal with at the most mainstream clubs....not to mention the shitty music. weak nightlife if fucking ask me, but in my opinion twin productions (they run laga fridays) are the only crew out there consistently booking quality DJs.....almost every week there's good shit at laga and check out the line up for mystic motion 2 its fucking ridiculous. peace.

-d

sweet. once again, thx for the info. how do you know so much about pgh's nightlife? r u from here?

i keep hearing about "1814", but i don't know anyone. i guess i'm not cool enough. :( yeah right, hehe. I definitely have to check out a weeknight or sunday event since i keep hearing that it's much more enjoyable. i've been to phlo's afterhour's -- b4 it got shutdown -- and i had a great time! the music was great, it was okay, but the crowd was awsome (or maybe i was just so drunk that it didn't matter by that time, hehe :D )

laga is still 18+, but they didn't card the night we went so i guess anyone and their kid sister or brother got in.

as for rock jungle -- don't even get me started. i haven't been to tequila willy's and i doubt i will.

there is this new place called headliner's, which is suppose to be interesting. it has a sports bar, martini bar, and sushi bar w/ a dance floor and dj spinning trance. of course, the rooms are seperate, but under one roof...if i'm not mistaken. pretty "hip" for pitt, don't you think?