Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Buzz Review

vicman

Felix was weird. I missed most of his set because of the long line to get in and at the search, but I had trouble really getting into his set. I was really digging Dave, though. That was one of the best sets I've heard from him.

Originally posted by Kuro

Felix was weird. I missed most of his set because of the long line to get in and at the search, but I had trouble really getting into his set. I was really digging Dave, though. That was one of the best sets I've heard from him.

yeah, Felix played some weird ass hit. I owuld start getting into his music and then he would totally change styles. I didnt like it either when he stopped the music.

Ralph was very good. The last 3 or 4 times I've seen him at Buzz he's had it on...come to think of it, everytime excpet once he had it on. The dance floor started getting packed towards the end of his set and when Lawrence came on, you couldnt move anymore. I went upstairs and listened to his most of his set from up there while I saw some of you's in the dance floor below me. Raver, rico-suavee88 and company were there, scratch and company and Kuro and company.

I really like Lawrence's style of trance, sorta like D:Fuse, not spacey and you dont hear the same style of tracks that you typically hear at Glow.

I went to the front room for a while and then returned to the back for part of Whalen who was also pretty good. Left at about 5:30 or so and got lost driving back to Alexandria...I took a wrong turn and ended up around L'Enfant Plaza or where abouts trying to find a way back to 395-S :mad: , finally got home at 6:30 and went back to sleep onlyto wake up by 11 or so and come into my office to get work done.

About the line, it was a weird ass night. Early on it sorta empty, but I was suprised on how packed it got. I got there early around 11 and got in in about 15 min through the 3 lines.

Ahhh let's see..... Wasn't planning on going, got talked into it over Happy Hour..... Took WAY too long to get in..... had to listen to a bunch of freakin idiots in line too. Once in however it was a good time! Missed all of Felix, got to hear Dave and then Lawrence was really good! Nice to see everyone, Vicman, Scratch and all. Kuro.... you were WAY in Lala land.... saw Rob though... perhaps next time I'll re-introduce myself....

I acutally enjoyed Lawrences set, even though I'm not that big on trance. I don't know if he was just really on on Friday or if I was just that fucked up that anything would have sounded good. I was glad that Whalen was there. Whalen and Ralph both dropped this song that has that Jungle Brother's sample "You in my house now" and also has a sample that says "you know what's up". I have to find that song. Any of you know it? Whalen dropped Slide vs. Healy - Wicked Behaviour, too, and that was the first time I've ever heard that played outside of my bedroom.

The dance floor started getting packed towards the end of his set and when Lawrence came on, you couldnt move anymore.

Yeah, no kiddin!!!!! It was CRAZY packed out on the dance floor!!!! The crowd was pretty much into it, but there was WAY to many people!!!! I hope S&D won't be THAT crowded.

Originally posted by sauvee88

Yeah, no kiddin!!!!! It was CRAZY packed out on the dance floor!!!! The crowd was pretty much into it, but there was WAY to many people!!!! I hope S&D won't be THAT crowded.

It's going to be pretty crowded for S&D even if it is a Sunday night. This Friday might be pretty crowded, too. The most packed I ever saw the main room at Buzz was for Carl Cox at the first Honew Dew last February and the most packed I've ever seen the front room was for Diesel Boy this past November, so this coming Friday...

It's going to be pretty crowded for S&D even if it is a Sunday night. This Friday might be pretty crowded, too. The most packed I ever saw the main room at Buzz was for Carl Cox at the first Honew Dew last February and the most packed I've ever seen the front room was for Diesel Boy this past November, so this coming Friday...

definitley, for bigger names, it will get crowded, so get there early to avoid the lines and find ur spot on the floor and get ready to start beating people up if they start shoving and stuff......by the way did everyone see that they are going to start transmitting Buzz on the radio (i think) on Friday nights? And I think they will start recording live sets and putting them on the radio or Tv or the net...i cant seem to exactly recall the details.

felix da housecat was NOT what i expected. nor did i want to hear any of htat shitty tech house, and all the stupid effects he thought was covering his ass. . .but the groovy electro he was puttin on later was aight :D

anyways, it was nice to hear christopher lawrence again, i forgave him and we made up. he stopped being a favorite a looooong ass time ago, but made good when he dropped that one song, "don't forget the pills. . ." (i can't name it right now. . somebody help)

oh, and bad company kicked arse.

tooo many people that night though. and most seemed like they wree out of state.

Originally posted by scratchapella

tooo many people that night though. and most seemed like they wree out of state.

i saw a couple "I love NY"t-shirts and 4 or 5 dudes walking around without their t-shirts on...hmmmmm....bythe way did anyone notice Dave Ralph trainwrecked HARDCORE twice? I mean you really need to mess up big time for me to notice....it was like he wasnt familiar with the deck or something 'cos later when he discovered what went wrong he made a face like "oh! so thats what happened!" smiled at the crowd and continued spinning.

Originally posted by vicman

i saw a couple "I love NY"t-shirts and 4 or 5 dudes walking around without their t-shirts on...hmmmmm....bythe way did anyone notice Dave Ralph trainwrecked HARDCORE twice? I mean you really need to mess up big time for me to notice....it was like he wasnt familiar with the deck or something 'cos later when he discovered what went wrong he made a face like "oh! so thats what happened!" smiled at the crowd and continued spinning.

He did? I usually hear every little thing going on during a mix and hear every little gallop, but I didn't notice any trainwrecks at all. Holy shit, I'm giving up drugs right now.

He did? I usually hear every little thing going on during a mix and hear every little gallop, but I didn't notice any trainwrecks at all. Holy shit, I'm giving up drugs right now.

yeah they were 2 of 'em...like real hardcore..almost likeif he bumped the table or whatnot, almost sounded like a "thump-thump!" and then a few seconds later "thump-thump!"...i didnt see you when that happened...maybe your were taking a potty or something

Originally posted by scratchapella

someone please id that song, it's old, about the pills. . .the thrills. . .the chills. . .

"Something 'bout those little pills, unreal the thrills they yield until they kill a million braincells".

Green Velvet - La La Land

He dropped the Zzino vs. Filterheadz remix. I have it :D

Originally posted by vicman

yeah they were 2 of 'em...like real hardcore..almost likeif he bumped the table or whatnot, almost sounded like a "thump-thump!" and then a few seconds later "thump-thump!"...i didnt see you when that happened...maybe your were taking a potty or something

I must have been in the bathroom or buying water or something, cuz I always hear those, even when fucked up.