Clubplanet Nightlife Community

to all johnny vicious fans!!!!

i've been hearing that jv is getting a little mad at some of his fans for commenting on the fact that he may be slipping a bit... so i'm here to defend those fans and jv too.

if you're a true jv fan you'll understand this.... i noticed lately that jv isn't mixing tracks to well, and he has been pretty much playing the same tracks at roxy, and he's not playing a wide variety of beats, its all just one style. i want jv to go back to his old style when he used to mix up progressive and hard trance. jv had his own style which no one around the new york area was fucking with. dj's were either playing house or that new jersey shore -vs- the hamptons type style music bullshit, but jv was playing the sound that you could only hear if you were either at a club in germaney or the U.K. ( i'm talking a few years back). i'm talking about a blend of hard and progrssive trance which he brought into NY and made it his style. ministry of sound called jv a leader in hard trance, because he helped bring the sound and made it popular among club goers. i remember going to sound factory in december of "99" and i heard jv on the radio many times, but it was the first time i heard him at a club. he was playing tracks like goryella-goryella, l'vee-look inside, moonman-don't be afraid 99, earthbound- essence of life, beleadric bill- destination sunshine (tiesto rmx), and then when you thought it was all progressive he would mix it up with some of the hard shit. i went to the factory a couple of times after that and he would blend hani- baby wants to ride and hennes & cold- second trip into one track and then mix it up with other tracks while going back to the blend, then finally he would hit up the crowd with atlantis- fiji(lange mix) and the crowd would blow up. i remember johnny at the tunnel when he played elastic culture- u and other hard tracks, but he would keep it a little progressive. jv had this style that no other dj's were fucking with at the time and his mixing was always on point even when he was experimenting with blending tracks together. listening to him on the sanctuary would always amp me up, but now it doesn't have the same effect. the prodigy got me into listening to electronis music, ferry corsten and pvd got me into trance, but it was Johnny Vicious who opened me up to club culture and the dance scene. i will admit jv is slipping a bit, but he always has a few tricks up his sleve, so i hope he was listening to the true fans and he'll go back to his old ways. to all the few but true fans of jv you now what i'm talking about and i agree with all of you a 100%, and to the other fans who don't know what i'm talking about you just don't know what jv is all about.

Originally posted by tranzmuzik2k1

i've been hearing that jv is getting a little mad at some of his fans for commenting on the fact that he may be slipping a bit... so i'm here to defend those fans and jv too.

if you're a true jv fan you'll understand this.... i noticed lately that jv isn't mixing tracks to well, and he has been pretty much playing the same tracks at roxy, and he's not playing a wide variety of beats, its all just one style. i want jv to go back to his old style when he used to mix up progressive and hard trance. jv had his own style which no one around the new york area was fucking with. dj's were either playing house or that new jersey shore -vs- the hamptons type style music bullshit, but jv was playing the sound that you could only hear if you were either at a club in germaney or the U.K. ( i'm talking a few years back). i'm talking about a blend of hard and progrssive trance which he brought into NY and made it his style. ministry of sound called jv a leader in hard trance, because he helped bring the sound and made it popular among club goers. i remember going to sound factory in december of "99" and i heard jv on the radio many times, but it was the first time i heard him at a club. he was playing tracks like goryella-goryella, l'vee-look inside, moonman-don't be afraid 99, earthbound- essence of life, beleadric bill- destination sunshine (tiesto rmx), and then when you thought it was all progressive he would mix it up with some of the hard shit. i went to the factory a couple of times after that and he would blend hani- baby wants to ride and hennes & cold- second trip into one track and then mix it up with other tracks while going back to the blend, then finally he would hit up the crowd with atlantis- fiji(lange mix) and the crowd would blow up. i remember johnny at the tunnel when he played elastic culture- u and other hard tracks, but he would keep it a little progressive. jv had this style that no other dj's were fucking with at the time and his mixing was always on point even when he was experimenting with blending tracks together. listening to him on the sanctuary would always amp me up, but now it doesn't have the same effect. the prodigy got me into listening to electronis music, ferry corsten and pvd got me into trance, but it was Johnny Vicious who opened me up to club culture and the dance scene. i will admit jv is slipping a bit, but he always has a few tricks up his sleve, so i hope he was listening to the true fans and he'll go back to his old ways. to all the few but true fans of jv you now what i'm talking about and i agree with all of you a 100%, and to the other fans who don't know what i'm talking about you just don't know what jv is all about.

bro very very well said...i am one of those fans from back in the day along with nycmuzik, johnathonny, pfloyd, ggfella, blazny and a few others.....

*clap clap*...very well said brotha man....and i totally agree with you...u as well as all the other true vicious fans know that at the drop of a dime can rip shit up if he wants to...no doubt about...vicious is and prob will always be my fav dj no matter what hes doin.

peace out

gianni

i hear what ur saying--

i just wanted to add 1 thing..

When he was droppin U and thunder in paradise and the second trip back at the tunnel (yes i was there)--those were the bangin hard trance imports of the moment...they had just come out

So now he's rocking soundlovers, the crowd track, and a few other imports that are banging--he still fucks with blends and loops and acapellas....It is definitely a different sound than the infamous Tunnel days and SF sets...but its still hott and theres not many DJ's that can touch him as far as I see right now..

Just my 2 cents...

Mike BuGouT

Originally posted by djmikebugout

i hear what ur saying--

i just wanted to add 1 thing..

When he was droppin U and thunder in paradise and the second trip back at the tunnel (yes i was there)--those were the bangin hard trance imports of the moment...they had just come out

It is definitely a different sound than the infamous Tunnel days

It is a way different sound than them infamous TUNNEL days.Another thing to keep in mind is that he is playing to a completly different crowd.I've been to Roxy 3 times and out of those 3 times he has impressed me 0 times.

Just my 47 cents

Originally posted by tunnelbandit

It is a way different sound than them infamous TUNNEL days.Another thing to keep in mind is that he is playing to a completly different crowd.I've been to Roxy 3 times and out of those 3 times he has impressed me 0 times.

Just my 47 cents

yup.. i liked the set when he opened for derb.. too bad he wasn't spinning all nite..

but i agree.. his sound is nothing special now, b/c its *not* his sound.. he's just playing crowd pleasers.. he never used to do that.. wouldn't catch him playing the ktu vocals, it was always a nice mix of hard trance, vocals, and even progressive at times..

now its ktu..