Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saeed & Palash Overdose!

shadygroovedc

My boys are going crazy with new releases. Here are some that are fresh out on vinyl:

At yoshitoshi.com:

- Da Junkies - Fab Planet (Saeed & Palash Rmx)

- Bedrock - Voices (Saeed & Palash Rmx) -- FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes (Saeed & Palash Rmx)

At release-records.com:

- Hyperion - Heavens Calling (Saeed & Palash Rmx)

Once I get these records, I think I will have enough Saeed & Palash tunes/Addictive Records tunes to make a full Saeed & Palash compilation CD. Yes, I know I am obsessed with them. Yes, I know it is scary. Yes, I know grown men shouldn't idolize other people in this way. And yes, I know I am gay when it comes to Saeed & Palash. But I don't care. They rule. :D

Other new release of note:

Yoshi finally has the Pete Heller Rmx of D Note - Shed My Skin.

Originally posted by vicman

mmm..well what can i say? your a big fan, i will, however, stop talking to you if you get Saeed and Palash blow up dolls...that would be worrysome

Oh. Ummm. What makes you think they have blow up dolls? You see a commercial? Where'd you see them at? Uh, not that I'd want one. Just wondering...

I've only bought from planet x, release, and yoshitoshi online, mostly from release and yoshitoshi. Yoshitoshi has been good and I haven't had trouble with them. Alex Whalen called me a about not being able to track down a record I ordered a couple of weeks ago and to ask me if I wanted to get a replacement or a refund. Release has been great for all the stuff that I couldn't find at yoshitoshi and they seem to have alot of promos there (so don't tell anyone about them).

Originally posted by scratchapella

mmmkay, i'm not a dj, but tell me anyways, which in your opinion are the best online record shops? satellite, groovetech, yoshitoshi, gem, walrus???

I will never ever shop at Satellite. Even though they supposedly got realtime inventory and delivery now, I still can't trust them to get the releases out. It used to take them up to two weeks to get records to you, which is ridiculous. They say they have same day fullfillment, but I still don't trust them.

Release Records has really good promos and their customer service is top notch. I rank them #1.

Yoshi is a close second. Because Yoshi is so close, anything I order online from them I can get in three days even if I choose normal postal delivery.

But I find that Release has the better upfront selection than Yoshi. Although Yoshi's been doing a pretty good job these days of getting shit in advance. So now, I kind of split my time between the two. And I'll order small batches from both cause they both seem to have new tunes I want at any given time.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

- Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes (Saeed & Palash Rmx)

Sometimes bad music happens to good people!

Although I shouldn't mock, b/c my boy superchumbo remixed "can't get you out of my head." Why is Kylie currupting all the talented DJs????????

Originally posted by scratchapella

mmmkay, i'm not a dj, but tell me anyways, which in your opinion are the best online record shops? satellite, groovetech, yoshitoshi, gem, walrus???

I have bought from yoshi and dancerecords.com, D.R. has free UPS ground shipping for orders over 50$ and it takes about 5-7 days to get your order, also they are tax free since you don't live in cali. Dancerecords also sends out a weekly e-mail of new releases that are available for 24-48 shipping. I have had no probs with either store.

Originally posted by malanee

I have yet to buy any records on-line - since I can't hear the samples. *kicks computer*

Are Saeed and Palash still playing Red on Thursdays? I may be in the mood to do that again soon.

i cante remember wher I saw it, but they were gonna be on tour in March...maybe in yoshitoshi's site...but I really cant recall where I saw that info....typically isnt Saeed the one who spins there on alrenate Thursdays with Tom B.?

i cante remember wher I saw it, but they were gonna be on tour in March...maybe in yoshitoshi's site...but I really cant recall where I saw that info....typically isnt Saeed the one who spins there on alrenate Thursdays with Tom B.?

That sounds right - maybe I'll get off my lazy ass and check Yoshi's website!

Originally posted by joeygk

Although I shouldn't mock, b/c my boy superchumbo remixed "can't get you out of my head." Why is Kylie currupting all the talented DJs????????

I'm thinking about releasing the "Shadygroove Trainwreck Remix" of "Locomotion". During the chorus of "Everybody's doing the Locomotion", I have programmed in a built-in trainwreck that will have everyone laughing at the DJ. I thought I'd experiment a bit with the sound.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I'm thinking about releasing the "Shadygroove Trainwreck Remix" of "Locomotion". During the chorus of "Everybody's doing the Locomotion", I have programmed in a built-in trainwreck that will have everyone laughing at the DJ. I thought I'd experiment a bit with the sound.

i hear through the grapevine that ur also working on remixing some NKOTB hits, into a "shady post industrial remix dub"...rumor has it ur working on are "Step by Step" and "Hangin' Tough"

i hear through the grapevine that ur also working on remixing some NKOTB hits, into a "shady post industrial remix dub"...rumor has it ur working on are "Step by Step" and "Hangin' Tough"

Actually, I'm not doing "Step By Step". I'm doing "The Right Stuff". It'll be the "Shadygroove Stuffin' it Right Remix". And the "Hangin' Tough" remix will be the "Shadygroove Hangin' Low and Slightly to the Left Remix".

Step by step

Ooh baby

Gonna get to you girl

Chorus:

Step by step

Ooh baby

Gonna get to you, girl

Step by step

Ooh baby

Really want you in my world

Hey girl, in your eyes

I see a picture of me all the time

And girl, when you smile

You've got to know that you drive me wild

Step by step

Ooh baby

You're always on my mind

Step by step

Ooh girl

I really think it's just a matter of time

Chorus

Hey girl

Can't you see?

I've got to have you all just for me

And girl,

Yes, it's true

No one else will ever do

Step by step

Ooh baby

You're always on my mind

Step by step

Ooh girl

Chorus

Step One

We can have lots of fun

Step Two

There's so much we can do

Step Three

It's just you and me

Step Four

I can give you more

Step Five

Don't you know that the time has arrived?

Don't you know I need you?

Yes I do, girl

Ooh baby

You're always on my mind

Ooh girl

Hangin' Tough

Oh oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh oh

Listen up everybody

If you wanna take a chance

Just get on the floor

And do the New Kids' dance

Don't worry about nothing

Cause it won't take long

We're gonna put you in a trance

With our funky song

Originally posted by joeygk

Your crazy Kylie is badass now! She just needed to adapt!