Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yeah... So... I'm about to take my cable modem into a field with a baseball bat...

Originally posted by joeg

'a la Office space... If this god f'ing thing cuts out on me one more time...

F cablevision, F optimum online.

no shit, your having that same problem too?

mine started acting up almost a year ago.. and was a pain in the ass ever since.. occasionally it would work good for download, others it just wouldnt' work period.. though suddenly in the last couple weeks its been working for both up and download..

cablevision came to my house twice, and tries to tell me the damn thing is workign perfect.. assholes

I feel the same way, man. I dream of the dayz back in college where i had T3 hookup, which was Lightning quick.

I'll join ya... I got a Louisville Slugger I'd like to dust off,,, what better way than to get back at "NoN-Optimum" online :mad:

Get dialup, it is going to make a comeback.. are you really in a rush anyway. No disconnects if you have the right lines and provider. Reliable. Sure it takes a day to download a new set, but are you really in a rush? Cable and DSL are overrated. HAH.

. . I've never had a problem with them . . . the lines in your area good Joe? . . I think it's about time to break out the Cat6 and Foptic . . . .

I had the same problem all summer with my cable modem, with the connection constantly going on and off. I had the stupid tech here 5 times for the problem, they did everything but each time it still didnt fix it. I figured out the problem myself, make sure the line to the modem is a direct connection from your house, not split between your tv. If you use a splitter for some reason it fucks up the signal, the modem is more sensitive with the flow of data or something, make sure its a straight connection from the house.

Originally posted by dp80

I had the same problem all summer with my cable modem, with the connection constantly going on and off. I had the stupid tech here 5 times for the problem, they did everything but each time it still didnt fix it. I figured out the problem myself, make sure the line to the modem is a direct connection from your house, not split between your tv. If you use a splitter for some reason it fucks up the signal, the modem is more sensitive with the flow of data or something, make sure its a straight connection from the house.

yep you are right...my bro was having the same problem so we had cable come to the house and run a line to his modem from the telephone pole.....now its fine