Clubplanet Nightlife Community

South Street Seaport

Alright Guys,

This event sucked. the music was awesome but the event totally unorganized and run so poorly. The rain made this even worse. Lines were way out of control. Three guards telling us three different directiosn to do things. Coat Check wasn't able to get a system tonight. If the coat looked good over there, thats where they put it. No numerical system like everyone normally goes by. Music was awesome. Everything was so bad it spoiled the night. I don't know what else to say. I know whoever went will have some negative feedback as well. But, i'm tired and want my coffee. So goodnight everyone

tom

Originally posted by somebitch

i had a great time.

you didnt have to wait in the line if you had tickets. :rolleyes:

Yes, you did. I had my ticket. Unfortunately I was unable to get there any earlier than a quarter till one, and I didn't get inside till almost 2:30.

Fucking Stuck on Earth. How fucking inept can you be to fuck up a night with Carl Cox?

Originally posted by tastyt

Yes, you did. I had my ticket. Unfortunately I was unable to get there any earlier than a quarter till one, and I didn't get inside till almost 2:30.

Fucking Stuck on Earth. How fucking inept can you be to fuck up a night with Carl Cox?

it was great chillin with ya BTW!

I too fall into the waited for ever in line

catagory but the night made up for it..

HOLY SHIT DID IT EVER

FUCKING MAKE UP FOR IT!

I have some memories that I will

take with me to the grave~

*Sucks for all of ya that had a bad

time...Believe me when I tell you that

MANY many dancing smiling faces had

nothing but a great time listening to Cox and Hawtin

tear the wet soggy roof off the Sea port.

Hey Mugsy! :) I tell ya, I try to keep things in perspective and not let events bring me down... but I was just soooo pissed that I missed half of Carl's set! :mad: Who know when he'll be back to NY? And I was not impressed at all by Richie Hawtin. Oh well, c'est la vie.

'twas a good party, great music, good crowd/vibe

cuz of a few fukced up things (coat/bathrooms/not letting peeps upstairs) I'd give it a 8 or 9 rather than a 10.....can't hold the weather against them

cuz of the sheer magnitude, the level of DJ talent, and the balls to have a techno party in a mall food court, this was a success.....no OD's (that I know of), no fights (?), this was a success......

of course some things could've been better....but its still an 9 in my book.....I'd give the average Howells at vinyl night a 7...the last howells = 9, the last deep dish @ vinyl (12/15) a 9, the average limelight party a 4, the last Mills @ LL = 8 (just to let ya know where I'm comin from)

this was the best party of 2002 so far in NYC..;...(big party that is)

I had a blast... got there at 10 knowing Stuck On Earth is notorious for not being organized and wanted to get my full $42.00 worth. Also, I didn't check my coat, which turned out to be a blessing in the end. Unfortunately my knee gave out on me circa 3:30am and left at around 4. I wish I could have stuck out the rest of the night... but, it just wasn't an option.

Originally posted by blchrbean

Alright Guys,

This event sucked. the music was awesome but the event totally unorganized and run so poorly. The rain made this even worse. Lines were way out of control. Three guards telling us three different directiosn to do things. Coat Check wasn't able to get a system tonight. If the coat looked good over there, thats where they put it. No numerical system like everyone normally goes by. Music was awesome. Everything was so bad it spoiled the night. I don't know what else to say. I know whoever went will have some negative feedback as well. But, i'm tired and want my coffee. So goodnight everyone

tom

i totally agree!!! the atrium was about 3/4 the size of the tent and it was 3/4 full before cox went off then they expected to fit all those people that were in the tent for Cox upstairs??? What was with all that VIP ish???

Music was insane but i just think the weather fucked up alot of it (probably would have been better in the summer) I just don't understand why they didn't book a better venue for this event.

funniest line of the night goes to some kid on line waiting to get coats which was the most unorganized thing like someone already said. after The bouncers saying they are only letting 5 people at a time get their coats he screams "alright i guess i'm just gonna stand here and grind my teeth" doesn't sound as funny now that i am typing it but i got a good laugh while standin onl ine :D :D

Originally posted by blaznny

i totally agree!!! the atrium was about 3/4 the size of the tent and it was 3/4 full before cox went off then they expected to fit all those people that were in the tent for Cox upstairs??? What was with all that VIP ish???

Music was insane but i just think the weather fucked up alot of it (probably would have been better in the summer) I just don't understand why they didn't book a better venue for this event.

funniest line of the night goes to some kid on line waiting to get coats which was the most unorganized thing like someone already said. after The bouncers saying they are only letting 5 people at a time get their coats he screams "alright i guess i'm just gonna stand here and grind my teeth" doesn't sound as funny now that i am typing it but i got a good laugh while standin onl ine :D :D

Bro, it was cool meeting you and Codica......All I can say is that I'm not gonna be forgetting this night anytime soon.....:rolleyes::D

Originally posted by blaznny

Haha.. I just started laughing reading this.. heh.. that shit was funny. Just a little humor to lighten up the heavy air there was while waiting about an hour to get our friggin' coats..

I didn't have a very nice time at all.. my feet were wet all night because of the rain, and the fact there there was about an inch at least of water on the ground didn't help either.. it was freezing out, and now I'm sick (have been since Sunday afternoon) from the horrible conditions I was submitted to on Saturday night..

On a lighter note, Carl Cox was sick for the small amount of time that I did end up hearing him.. really wanted to hear Richie Hawtin, but there was NO WAY we were fitting up in the Atrium with all those people. :blown:

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

Bro, it was cool meeting you and Codica......All I can say is that I'm not gonna be forgetting this night anytime soon.....:rolleyes::D

Yeah no doubt bro... I was a little intoxicated in the beginning of the night :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hope to see you again soon. and i hope Carl Cox comes back soon!!! He is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!