Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cell Phones...

Originally posted by dgmodel

whos the best carrier right now, and who has the best plan... and what phone in your opinion do you think is the best currently???

I use Verizon. Never a problem; rarely do I have dropped calls. Price could be better. I pay like 42 a month (including taxes) for 300 minutes peak and 3500 weekend and offpeak. I love my Motorola v60c. :grin:

v60c.jpg

Originally posted by dgmodel

i heard that verizon sucks horribly... billing plans are the worst.

and i cant go with at&t just as a matter of principal...

I can only speak from experience. All i know is Verizon, and I think they have the best coverage nationally, which I need because I'm often roaming.

Plus I make many long distance calls, so the 3500 minutes is exactly what I need. It has kept my phone bills down. And again, I've never had reception problems, but I'm not sure if that's because of the phone or Verizon.

:confused:

what's so great about www.verizonreallysucks.com is the guy who runs 2600 magazine registered it and set it up, soon after verizon bought www.verizonsucks.com themselves in order to prevent anyone else from leasing the name and generating bad PR.

i'm very happy with at&t wireless.

i had some issues with my plan a little while ago.

they took away the bonuses of my introductory

plan and stuck me with a huge bill once my monthly

minutes were still at 150 and the loss of nights

&weekends really hit me hard...

so i explain this to a friend of mine who works

at the at&t on university pl (at astor pl) and

he let me know about the plan i currently still have...

at&t's great so long as you go out on a limb

to be an informed customer and request information

on their offerings, and sometimes if you sweet

talk the reps on the phone (and especially in

their stores - cuz those guys are of course hungry

for commisions) you can get a new plan before it's

actually advertised and officially available.

i pay $29.95 a month for 250 minutes.

i tacked on the extra $9.95 for nights & weekends.

not too shabby.

oh yeah and i got the new/tiny nokia for $50

instead of $150 when i signed up that day

in the retail store...

was activated a half hour later.

i think since at&t's been around the longest,

they have the largest most reliable network

and they're constantly keeping tabs on their

coverage in order to stay competitive with

the newer players.

I have been using Voicestream for about 3 years. Some billing problems, but much better than Verizon (the first service i used). Great international coverage. AOL Instant Messenger works on select phones.

They were also recently bought by a giant telecom in Europe called Deutsche Telekom. Its goal is to create a service spanning Europe and North America.

Be careful of Nokias, especially the 8290. My Ericcson (T28 World)has been working without any problems for a year. My dad has the same phone, and he's had it for over 2 years without a problem. Samsung phones available as well. You might be better off not going to a Voicestream-only store in terms of phone choice.

i have a nextel. A lil bit more expensive for $70 a month but it includes 400 free outgoing peak minutes, free nights and weekends, free long distance, free web browser, no roaming and my fave FREE INCOMING CALLS ANYTIME. i am never over my plan and i talk ALOT (avg about 2500 minutes a month) bc this is my primary phone. it also has the unlimted 2way feature too Coverage for the actual cell calls could be better but the 2way is very good. customer service is great though and i've never had a biling problems. of course there are cheaper service plans, and they just came out with smaller phones, one similar to the motorola v60.

I just bought a Timeport 270c(not the flip phone) to replace my old Startac which got jacked from my car Friday night. I kept Verizon because i'm happy with their service and haven't had a problem with them in 3 years. I get 3000 nights and weekends, 300 peak for $35 + taxes. Messaging is an extra $3 a month(up to 100 text messages) and web is an extra $6. Both aren't worth it in my opinion. They said I can return the phone in 15 days and get another one if I want to. I might end up doing that... this phone is a little big to clip on to myself.

heres the deal..ive had every single provider possible..my friend owns a cell phone store and ive picked up a few tricks along the way..i guess ill share them with u undeserving(he he) bastards who wont tell me how to put a Sig in my POSTS!!!!..n e way..the way to go is NEXTEL....yah their service is expensive but chek it out..get the phone use it..rock it for a mth..best thing to do is to get on someones credit line..THEN

1)Call up nextel

2)ask for the cancellation dept.

3) start bitching and moaning about how ur service is balls and

the reception sux

4) Dont Shut up..if u shut up u LOSE

5)Tell them ur at ur "WITS END" and that "UR A VALUABLE CUSTOMER WHO HAS NUMEROUS PEOPLE ON HIS/HER CREDIT LINE"

6)maintain an air of reasonability

7) dont get hostile

Next thing u know dude is cutting 15 dollars of ur mthly bill and adding an extra 300 minutes for 6 mths....might seem far fetched but ive done and it works

Originally posted by dusted

How can you think about cell phones when poor little Iraqi children are starving to death?

what??? wtf??? i dont give a shit...

how can YOU have 60 posts when iraqi children are starving to death???

see this is the problem so many to choose from and whats fucked up about all these companies is that you have to sign a one year contract minimum... why dont they have like a one month testing period where you can pay the first month, and if you like it you buy the other 11 or something like that... its such a scam... its like imagine buying a car without a test drive... (derf i did it but you get what i mean...) its not fair to not even have the option... i think im going to write to the BBB and complain... but more importantly, so bottom line what should i do about a carrier???

so far majority of you say Verizon... should i just bite the bullet and go for them or should i still do some more research?

Originally posted by dusted

How can you think about cell phones when poor little Iraqi children are starving to death?

i just thought of a great idea... ill trade with them cell phones for food... thats fair enough...

Ive been using Sprint for about 4 years now...

service for the most part is good, billing is accurate and on time...

I pay $74 a month, get 1000 on peak and 6500 off peak minutes, free LD included....

they just came out with a bunch of new phones, I got the sanyo 6000 and love it.....

I get stopped like 3 times a day, with people asking me wtf it is...lol

thinnest phone in America etc...

SCP-6000.jpg