Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FAO loraine

aeroplano

will be needing help from promo girl...

This year sees two of the UK’s better independent record labels, Hooj and Distinctive, pool their resources to host Independence - a night of house, breaks and live performances held at the beautiful open-air venue, The Opium Garden, during WMC 2002.

With four rooms of music bringing together some of the most well-known and respected DJs on the circuit today Independence, held on Friday 22nd March, sees live performances from Distinctive’s Way Out West and Hooj’s Omid 16B who will both be showcasing their individual sounds in the main room with able DJ support from progressive masters Pete Heller and Sander Kleinenberg with a touch of the twisted shit from Hooj Choons boss and Elements resident Red Jerry.

Everyone’s favourite Jedi, Tom Middleton hosts his own "Sound Of The Cosmos" room as he gears up to launch his three disc mix CD of the same name, calling on San Franciscan DJ Joshua of Iz & Diz fame to help him provide the soundtrack for the night. Tom's new mix CD will feature a mix of deep house, breaks, ambient and Balearic vibes. The compilation will be released on Hooj Choons in May.

For those feeling the breaks sound, the Y4K/ Distinctive Breaks room brings Skint Records’ main breaks man Freq Nasty to the decks alongside Mob main dude and breaks hero Tayo, while the genre-straddling Hybrid complete the line up.

Last but by no means least, a taste of the deeper house sound can be found in the Airtight room which brings Clive Henry from Peace Division and house legend Terry Farley together with able support coming from the Airtight Sessions residents themselves.

Tickets for Independence are on sale now through hooj.com for £17.50 including postage and packing. (04/03/02)

i rely only on THE BEST when it comes to dj whoring in return of promos... you'll have to ask tom for two if you want a copy of this for yourself as well.

;)

marcos.

Are you still going to the Independance party, Marcos? I think we're leaning towards the BBL party. Lee's gonna be spinning there. I'm kind of biased when it comes to Burridge. ;) See attached photo.. (thought I'd rub it in a little, we had fun too over the fall!)

Marcos,

I'm gonna be partying at billboard live that friday night...u know gotta hunt for some Tyrant 2 promos as well! anyhow, as for Tom Middleton promos, you're gonna have to get 'em from someone attending the hooj party. sorry

I'll contact you later this week ok?

Hey barbie, got a reply yet from our lovely email? :D

yeah i am more downtempo...hence the name ;)

but i've a VERY big fan of tom middleton. he just covers so many genres when he spins. from some dark house, to breaks, to downtempo to some funk...the man has some serious skills. i've never seen him live, so i'm definitely not going to pass up this opportunity. this party is just a chance for me to hear some killer beats and i'm not going to miss that chance. i'll be able to get my fill of house the rest of the conference. but this will be one of the only chances for me to fill my need for some serious bass and beats. ya know?

Sweet- I just now noticed you changed your title!

I totally agree w/ you Frank. I'm all for the Hooj party, I would love to see Tom Middleton (it's not every day the sound of the Cosmos hits Miami), but I've got friends coming down from out of town and they have pretty much hijacked my conference schedule. I was lucky to get them to agree to hit up the Tribal Gathering on Saturday........stupid friends, screwing up my plans! Although- I have to admit the Billboard party is a hell-a good second choice for Friday night. :D

*I want reviews from Opium.

Kevin and I are both still on the fence about the Independence Party on friday. I have friends flying into West Palm at 11 pm friday night - we'd have to book it straight down and probably not arrive at the door til 1:30 or 2....just not sure it's a good idea...we may not get in at all...

but we REALLY want to see middleton...

*sigh*

So Frank, this guy I know in the UK, very very very well connected, he im's me today, says --did you hear about Richard Dorfmeister?" and I'm all like - yea I know he's confirmed for the Sunday Sessions - and my british friend said, - no he broke his cheekbone Monday night - having an operation, missing all his march and April gigs - I'm freakin out trying to figure out where he heard this and how to confirm and pissed to all hell cause i'm going to miss dorfmeister AGAIN!! - - 20 minutes later he im's me -oh yea btw, I was joking....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bonnie, before gettin to the end of your post, my eyes shot straight out of my head and my mouth hit the desk. just thinking to myself..."no fucking way she's telling me this!"

whew!

k&d's no joking matter! ;)

well you and kevin should definitely try to come down anyways. i'm sure joshua will open up for middleton anyways. i'm expecting a long set from him b/c of his cd release. so you just might catch his entire set...or most of it.

Originally posted by joeygk

*I want reviews from Opium.

you'll get em! i was very tempted to go see plump dj's and DH b/c this will be the first time the plump dj's spin in the us and they're sure to lay a phat set, but the overall lineup for the independence party is just too much for me to pass up. the blanace lineup is very appealing, but i've heard almost all of those dj's already. when the conference comes, i try to catch the sets by those that never, or hardly ever come down to s.fla. and middleton is one of them. i've never heard tayo before either, so i'm interested in seeing him too. joshua (of iz and diz) of course is on my list b/c i've never seen him live. so i'll be celebrating my independence in style! :D