Best of.....

vicman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by vicman

ewwwww....nasty....umm, next time i'll take my own food to Summers. I'll proly head over there more frequently as the latger stges of the Champions League and local championships in europe draw nearer...yeh, Dynamo had great teams back in the day with Protasov and the like, still cant belive that Lobanovsky i sstill coaching them

How did you recognize my avatar? Just looking at the letter D? I mean not many people know anything about East European teams, especially remember any names from the 80's. I am impressed. So, whats ur favorite team?

Originally posted by nautilus60

How did you recognize my avatar? Just looking at the letter D? I mean not many people know anything about East European teams, especially remember any names from the 80's. I am impressed. So, whats ur favorite team?

i'm a soccer freak myself. used to root for the old Soviet Union when they played in the European Cup & World Cup because everyone hated them..they were a feisty bunch, but you never knew what team would show up.

And players like Oleg Blokhin, Rinat Dassaev, the black spider, etc were world class. And I am a fan of Dynamo Kieve 'cos alot of the old Soviet players played for them. MOre recently 3 years ago the knocked Real Madrid out of the Champions League (I hate Real Madrid). Now a days its tough for them to build a squad. They had a good generation of players with Kaladze and Schevchenko and Gussin.

My favorite team? L'pool, since I started watching football in the '79. Boca Jrs. on this side of the ocean, since watching Maradona in the '79 youth world cup.

i'm a soccer freak myself. used to root for the old Soviet Union when they played in the European Cup & World Cup because everyone hated them..they were a feisty bunch, but you never knew what team would show up.

And players like Oleg Blokhin, Rinat Dassaev, the black spider, etc were world class. And I am a fan of Dynamo Kieve 'cos alot of the old Soviet players played for them. MOre recently 3 years ago the knocked Real Madrid out of the Champions League (I hate Real Madrid). Now a days its tough for them to build a squad. They had a good generation of players with Kaladze and Schevchenko and Gussin.

My favorite team? L'pool, since I started watching football in the '79. Boca Jrs. on this side of the ocean, since watching Maradona in the '79 youth world cup.

Hahahaha...Never in a million years i would think that someone outside of the Soviet Union would root for the commies. i think its cool, though. i always root for the underdof, too. And you are right - everyone did hate them. Who's the black spider? i am sure i know the player, just never heard the nickname.

I also like 'Pool in England the most - they dont seem to be as cocky as the rest, plus i like their style. Dont know much about Latin America club football, but i saw whats going on at their stadiums and its unbelievably crazy.

Cant wait for the World Cup. This is the site that i use to keep up with the news. www.dailysoccer.com/headlines

Hahahaha...Never in a million years i would think that someone outside of the Soviet Union would root for the commies. i think its cool, though. i always root for the underdof, too. And you are right - everyone did hate them. Who's the black spider? i am sure i know the player, just never heard the nickname.

I also like 'Pool in England the most - they dont seem to be as cocky as the rest, plus i like their style. Dont know much about Latin America club football, but i saw whats going on at their stadiums and its unbelievably crazy.

Cant wait for the World Cup. This is the site that i use to keep up with the news. www.dailysoccer.com/headlines

werd, dude, dailysoccer is where i get my info too. the black spider was Lev Yashin, GK in the teams back in the 60's. Alwyas dressed all black, very tall and with long arms.

yeah, in argentina stuff is getting a bit chaotic in the stadiums. doesnt really help that theyre in the middle of hard ass econimic crisis. by the way argentina is my pick for the WC..everybody seems to be sure France will win it again, everyone thought Brazil would win it 4 years ago.

What was the old SOviet derby? Spartak Moscow vs Dynamo Kieve? They met like 6 years ago in the Champions League, saw the match, both were pretty bad in comparison with the other teams, but the intensity of the game was there, like they really hated each other.

You ever go to Sommers to wtach games there?

werd, dude, dailysoccer is where i get my info too. the black spider was Lev Yashin, GK in the teams back in the 60's. Alwyas dressed all black, very tall and with long arms.

yeah, in argentina stuff is getting a bit chaotic in the stadiums. doesnt really help that theyre in the middle of hard ass econimic crisis. by the way argentina is my pick for the WC..everybody seems to be sure France will win it again, everyone thought Brazil would win it 4 years ago.

What was the old SOviet derby? Spartak Moscow vs Dynamo Kieve? They met like 6 years ago in the Champions League, saw the match, both were pretty bad in comparison with the other teams, but the intensity of the game was there, like they really hated each other.

You ever go to Sommers to wtach games there?

Lev Yashin - the black spider? Hmmm, interesting...I've never heard anyone call him that.

i am gonna go on the limb here and say that Portugal will win it this time. I was very impressed by them at euro 2000. My second choice is Italy - the defence will decide everything. Argentina and France have good chances, but everyone is gonna play against them like its their last game, plus they cant surprise anyone nomore.

Spartak Vs. Dynamo. Oh, man those were the days. I havent seen the '95 game, but i know it was intense. They recently played each other and dynamo won again 4:3. Two completely different schools of football, even though i root for Dynamo, i like Spartak style better.

I go to Summers whenever one of my teams are playing? Not as often anymore, since i got Foxworldsports at my house. Were u there for the Dynamo Vs. Liverpool game last year?

Lev Yashin - the black spider? Hmmm, interesting...I've never heard anyone call him that.

i am gonna go on the limb here and say that Portugal will win it this time. I was very impressed by them at euro 2000. My second choice is Italy - the defence will decide everything. Argentina and France have good chances, but everyone is gonna play against them like its their last game, plus they cant surprise anyone nomore.

Spartak Vs. Dynamo. Oh, man those were the days. I havent seen the '95 game, but i know it was intense. They recently played each other and dynamo won again 4:3. Two completely different schools of football, even though i root for Dynamo, i like Spartak style better.

I go to Summers whenever one of my teams are playing? Not as often anymore, since i got Foxworldsports at my house. Were u there for the Dynamo Vs. Liverpool game last year?

no, i didnt see the game, dunno if i was watching another game or what. yeah, ive got fox sports world, with english & german l eague action they have good coverage, but i also want to watch spanish and italian league. wnvc shoews some italian but usually its a crappy game. spanish l;eague you can get through PPV but its like $15.

italy is always there, they can beat anyone, they will go as far as vieri and totti can take them, 'cos del piero sucks ass when he plays for the national team. couldve beatenn france in '98 and euro 2000...that game in Euro 2000, man oh man...thats why i hate del piero.... portugal great midfiled and forwards, i'm still suspect about their defence.

what i liked about the soviet team was when they played on the counter attack, they were deadly...always waiting for them to do something in the WC but always came short there. The 2nd round game vs Belgium in 86, the big flop in 90. Euro 88 was the peak of tehir last squad. Alexei Mikhailichenko, great midfielder.

no, i didnt see the game, dunno if i was watching another game or what. yeah, ive got fox sports world, with english & german l eague action they have good coverage, but i also want to watch spanish and italian league. wnvc shoews some italian but usually its a crappy game. spanish l;eague you can get through PPV but its like $15.

italy is always there, they can beat anyone, they will go as far as vieri and totti can take them, 'cos del piero sucks ass when he plays for the national team. couldve beatenn france in '98 and euro 2000...that game in Euro 2000, man oh man...thats why i hate del piero.... portugal great midfiled and forwards, i'm still suspect about their defence.

what i liked about the soviet team was when they played on the counter attack, they were deadly...always waiting for them to do something in the WC but always came short there. The 2nd round game vs Belgium in 86, the big flop in 90. Euro 88 was the peak of tehir last squad. Alexei Mikhailichenko, great midfielder.

i Like watching the English league the most - simple attacking football and the players give it all they got. french league i cannot stand - too boring. ohhh, almost forgot - today is 'Pool Vs. Newcastle game. This one should be good - whoever looses, is basically out of championship race.

Do you play EPL fantasy league on FSW website? its pretty cool. last year i finished in the first 100, but this year i am struggling in the mid 800's.

I think this year russia is gonna show something at WC, its about fu*king time they do. They have some very talented youngsters as well as experienced players.

LOL, its interesting how this thread about the "best of" turned into a soccer discussion...

i Like watching the English league the most - simple attacking football and the players give it all they got. french league i cannot stand - too boring. ohhh, almost forgot - today is 'Pool Vs. Newcastle game. This one should be good - whoever looses, is basically out of championship race.

Do you play EPL fantasy league on FSW website? its pretty cool. last year i finished in the first 100, but this year i am struggling in the mid 800's.

I think this year russia is gonna show something at WC, its about fu*king time they do. They have some very talented youngsters as well as experienced players.

LOL, its interesting how this thread about the "best of" turned into a soccer discussion...

all threads here start as someting and end up[ as omething completely different...see vixens b'day thread from yesterday..and it used to be worse everythread around here used to end up in pure raunch over the summer 'cos those who are in school and had summer desk jobs were also posting like mad and we alwyas ended up in pure raunch.

yeah, l'pool vs. n'casle...wait thats toiday right? arsenal won yesterday. yeah ur right about english vs. french league action. french league sux ass. german league is also good. K'lautern is always a mystery. they beat a good team like leverkusen and then get hammered by E, Cottbus or some weird team...eventually everyonechokes and Bayern Munich wins the league.

by the way Real Madrid plays La Coruna today in the Kings Cup Final...but goddamit weve only magade to find that Luck Bar is showing the game at 3:00 pm when were still in the fuckin' office :mad:

and they are not repeating the game. Sommers sint showing it....godamit!!!!!

all threads here start as someting and end up[ as omething completely different...see vixens b'day thread from yesterday..and it used to be worse everythread around here used to end up in pure raunch over the summer 'cos those who are in school and had summer desk jobs were also posting like mad and we alwyas ended up in pure raunch.

yeah, l'pool vs. n'casle...wait thats toiday right? arsenal won yesterday. yeah ur right about english vs. french league action. french league sux ass. german league is also good. K'lautern is always a mystery. they beat a good team like leverkusen and then get hammered by E, Cottbus or some weird team...eventually everyonechokes and Bayern Munich wins the league.

by the way Real Madrid plays La Coruna today in the Kings Cup Final...but goddamit weve only magade to find that Luck Bar is showing the game at 3:00 pm when were still in the fuckin' office :mad:

and they are not repeating the game. Sommers sint showing it....godamit!!!!!

Im listening to it online Radio MARCA stream. www.marca.com go to radio marca

Originally posted by zaguero

:finger: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEPORTIVO!!!! 4 more to go:D

still 1-0...hierro has a yellow...i remember when i had a short wave radio, i used to put Radio Exterior de Espana and listen to the radio transmissions of the games..and if i could get it on the dish, i would turn the volume down and see it on TV while listening to it on radio, where the announcers are better..now i doint live at home anymore iand i have tyo put up wiuth the guy at sommers and his mood to see the games that i want to see

still 1-0...hierro has a yellow...i remember when i had a short wave radio, i used to put Radio Exterior de Espana and listen to the radio transmissions of the games..and if i could get it on the dish, i would turn the volume down and see it on TV while listening to it on radio, where the announcers are better..now i doint live at home anymore iand i have tyo put up wiuth the guy at sommers and his mood to see the games that i want to see

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-0 ! 2 more to go. hehe :D