Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carl Cox, IN STORE!! Monday March 11th

411nightguide

See Carl Cox Spinning Live at the brand new Virgin Megastore in Boston - (Corner of Newbury St & Mass Ave) FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday March 11th

6pm - 8pm

Carl will also be signing copies of his brand new release 'Global'

For More Information Call Virgin Megastore Boston - 617-896-0950

Sponsored by 411 Nightguide Magazine

I just need to confirm this found it on the Virgin website

Boston Virgin Megastore

3/11/02 - 6-8pm

Carl Cox Spins

Groundbreaking superstar DJ Carl Cox will be throwing down a wicked set of club tunes just for Virgin Megastore fans. The British club icon who was the first to use three turntables to spin on, will then sign copies of his latest Global CD. The Megastore performance is open to everyone. However, customers interested in meeting Carl after his set, must have a copy of the new CD

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I'll definitely go to this... I've been wanting to check out Virgin, and what better am I ever going to have to do on a Monday!?!

This will almost make up for missing out on seeing him this Saturday, what a good deal! :)

I will see ya there I will be there at 6 most likley!!

I almost forgot about it!

I'll be there as soon as I get out of here (which will probably be a little before 6). I'm debating whether or not to drive straight to Virgin, or find a parking spot at my place and take the T. Either way I hope to be there sometime around 6:30ish....

I'm pissed I missed him on Saturday, hopefully this will make-up for it!

I almost forgot about it!

I'll be there as soon as I get out of here (which will probably be a little before 6). I'm debating whether or not to drive straight to Virgin, or find a parking spot at my place and take the T. Either way I hope to be there sometime around 6:30ish....

I'm pissed I missed him on Saturday, hopefully this will make-up for it!

Yeah I am going to park and then take the T. No way am I going to look for a spot around Virgin that is crazy. So I will be there after 6.

Originally posted by kaydup

Anyone know what floor this is on?:confused:

The DJ booth is on the second floor. It's right where the long checkout counter used to be. They put in an escalator there and at the end is a decent sized DJ booth. I'm not sure where the signings are going to take place. If he has to sign copies of cd's and spin from 6 to 8 i'm sure his set wont be longer than an hour.

I will be there early :)

Originally posted by kaydup

So yesterday was Sweet!!:D Who else made it over there?:confused:

I got over there in time to see him, but I only caught the last 20 minutes or so of his set, but it was great! It was so weird to see people jumping up and down, and everyone dancing in the middle of the store like that, but it was definitely cool.

I broke down and bought his new CD too, but I didn't get it signed or anything (the line was really long). The CD is ok, but I'm not blown away or anything... I'll have to give it another couple of listens.

I also picked up the new Felix da Housecat... interesting CD, I like it a lot!

(nice seeing you out again bro)

Coxy was friggin dope.

for those who made it to avalon know he played a much more filtered set than usual.

last night he played straight bangin beats...like on the crobar cd.

I got my cds signed...and thinkin Id just get a handshake and a hello....we actually got to talk for a lil bit about the scene & music.

what a nice guy...totally humble and thankful.

all class

Originally posted by djjoshuacarl1

(nice seeing you out again bro)

Coxy was friggin dope.

for those who made it to avalon know he played a much more filtered set than usual.

last night he played straight bangin beats...like on the crobar cd.

I got my cds signed...and thinkin Id just get a handshake and a hello....we actually got to talk for a lil bit about the scene & music.

what a nice guy...totally humble and thankful.

all class

Good to see ya too Josh! So you waited huh, thats cool. He seems like a real chill guy

I got over there in time to see him, but I only caught the last 20 minutes or so of his set, but it was great! It was so weird to see people jumping up and down, and everyone dancing in the middle of the store like that, but it was definitely cool.

I broke down and bought his new CD too, but I didn't get it signed or anything (the line was really long). The CD is ok, but I'm not blown away or anything... I'll have to give it another couple of listens.

I also picked up the new Felix da Housecat... interesting CD, I like it a lot!

Yo, I was looking for ya. I am not sure if I saw ya wandering around after or not. Were you in a leather coat? I wasn't sure if it was you or not. And by the time I got over there I couldn't find ya. Tough to tell when we are rocking work clothes :laugh: