Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New York Auto Show BABY!

I saw many of the new cars that were displayed at the Chicago auto show. I'm in the process of selling my 00 540 sport in order to replace it with a truck. I'm undecided between getting an MDX now or waiting until the summer for the new Hummer H2. I don't really think that GM can build a good quality first year car so I'm leaning towards the Acura. I wish that new Lexus GX470 was going to be out this summer I would definitely buy it. I don't need a truck now as I have another car, 01 M3, and only will use the thing to carry around my german shepherds, tow by jetski, and tow my atvs.

Anyone have any feedback into the SUV's that are out. DONT EVEN TRY AND RECCOMEND AN ESCALADE. (IM NOT A DRUG DEALER OR RAPPER!!!!) OR THE X5 (BITCH MOBILE and according to my BMW dealer it is the most unreliable BMW made and I cant even begin to imagine what a POS it must be after all the problems I have had with my ultimate driving machine (M3). Anyone like the Mercedes G-Wagen (kind of out of my reach for a second car; don't want to spend over 45-50k) How about the Audi Allroad (is that too soccer mom/old lady like? It is, however, fast and relatively nimble.

Have a good, safe weekend everyone.

Andrew

Originally posted by jerseyq45

Anyone have any feedback into the SUV's that are out.

Andrew

I drive a 2k Dodge Durango, LOVE IT!! Get the big engine (5.9L) and you'll be all set, the most power of any other SUV I've driven so far, handeles better then any other truck, and looks sweeter in my opinion...I like it because it is 'its own truck' it sets itself apart from the other trucks on the market...that being said, if I had the money, i still would probably go and get an H2 later this year...but in the mean time I still love my durango...

PM me if you got any more ??'s

Bern

The skyline will be in the US in 2 years, badged as an Infiniti

the new Infiniti G35 uses the skyline's platform (essentially a 4 door skyline)...whether the turbo will be offered in the sedan or not remains to be seen

as far as SUV's go, the infiniti FX45 comes out next year

for now, my favs are the Mercedes G500, Land Rover Discovery, and the Suzuki XL-7 Limited (for those on a tight budget).

and jerseyq...have you looked at the Lincoln Blackwood? Its a 4 door pickup version of the Navigator. Fucking awesome.

and as far as coupes go, either the MB c230k, Chrysler Crossfire, and Nissan 350z are all awesome

Passat W8 looks good too....definitely would consider that over a Lexus IS300 or BMW 330

i can't believe i missed this thread till now

if ur really into cars the ny auto show is really not too much to be thrilled about coz uv probably already seen and read up about everything in the show for months already ... as for imprtexpression's show in fluching i'm so there!!! Tila N.'s gonna be there .. she's so hot!!!

i'll be reppin with my crew... the most noticeable car is our red integra - what else? i did his system... though i have to say that he has fucked it up a bit since the secaucus HIN show.. oh yeah the car - red integra with a skyline widebody and s14 headlight conversion, i forget what kind but gunmetal rims, r33 taillight and rear widebody conversion, carbon fiber apr wing.. mebbe carbon fiber hood too if fibre images finishes making it in time.. bu tyeah that's the exterior that should stick out to most ppl. oh yeah IMPORTEKNIKA banner on his windshield. as for HIN in AC .. it'll prolly be an overpacked joke like it was last year... HIN is all politics and they let anyone in the show... then again there is a huge disparity between east coast and west coast show cars... but then again they can't match our clubs.. okay this is a really long post

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

The skyline will be in the US in 2 years, badged as an Infiniti

the new Infiniti G35 uses the skyline's platform (essentially a 4 door skyline)...whether the turbo will be offered in the sedan or not remains to be seen

initially the turbo will not be offered, only the watered down "base" model ... the new engine VQ35 as opposed to the RB26 is still being played with to find the right turbo setup to justify the GTR badge... i believe that the new engine is supposed to be aluminum rather than iron so expect a slight weight advantage inthe new engine despite the bump in displacement. ppl always hype the GTR and V spec that they don't realize nissan has always offered a plain vanilla version of the skyline too.. and jus like every other supercar the world has to offer america gets screwed yet again